Indian nuclear submarines

Karthi

Country flag
thediplomat_2015-10-14_15-37-00.jpg

India to go head with third Nuclear submarine launch.Unnamed Nuclear submarine which goes by Project name ” S4″ will be launched as per schedule launch window later this year amid the Chinese virus pandemic situation in the country but at the secret facility where they were under construction work continued with a smaller workforce and it will begin again now with full force soon after easing of restrictions in the area. INS Arighat which is a sister class ship of INS Arihant has been in the sea for time being and crew have been in self guarantee to avoid the spread of the virus in the nuclear submarine.

INS Arighat is set to be inducted into the Navy after carrying out extensive trials of the submarine at the port and in the deep sea for the last two years. S4 moving out of the dry dock will clear path for port and sea trials of the submarine which according to media reports is twice the size of the Arihant class nuclear submarines and can carry twice the number of nuclear-armed medium-range missiles like K-4 SLBM. S4 is expected to be officially inducted into Navy by 2022 and in 2021 S4* (Star) which is the sister ship of the S4 Class will be ready for launch followed by sea trials and induction by 2023.

freethinker777

Country flag
It should never be revealed. The top notch projects and weapons should always remain secret to surprise enemy in case of war. There were false reports planted by foreign Intel in news about functional status of arihant to know it's deployment and operational status. There will be fake news that certain weapons are not working or met with an accident to put pressure on goi to reveal it's status under public pressure.but high end weapons should always remain secret

BangaliBabu

Country flag
HSL 2004.jpg

What was a >80 m long Kilo-like hull doing at HSL in 2004??o_O All the SSKs under IN during those times were more-or-less the 60 m class. The GoI, then, might've been actively testing an ATV!!!! I think this was the technology demonstrator before Arihant-class.........

Well, you might see two subs in the picture, I cannot confirm from the silhouette a second one of the 80m-kind.

Akula

Country flag

What was a >80 m long Kilo-like hull doing at HSL in 2004??o_O All the SSKs under IN during those times were more-or-less the 60 m class. The GoI, then, might've been actively testing an ATV!!!! I think this was the technology demonstrator before Arihant-class.........

Well, you might see two subs in the picture, I cannot confirm from the silhouette a second one of the 80m-kind.
Ninjamonkey had tweeted something about ATV.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles