Indian Navy more likely to select F 18 than rafales

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Point is delivery saar
When will these rafale delivery start so many orders already given
Trappier (Dassault CEO) explain that the ramp to come to 3 birds/month is on track, and that "it is possible to go further if needed".
Another possibility is to lease or sold as 2nd hand some french Rafale M....

jai jaganath

Country flag
Trappier (Dassault CEO) explain that the ramp to come to 3 birds/month is on track, and that "it is possible to go further if needed".
Another possibility is to lease or sold as 2nd hand some french Rafale M....
But will that be enough I mean u guys have 150+ orders how can thy deliver ours before that

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
But will that be enough I mean u guys have 150+ orders how can thy deliver ours before that
The french factory to deliver 3 birds/month run in 3 shift 5 days/week. It remains possible to add 2 shifts the week end => 4,5 plane/month in a first approach.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Not sure how credible but it was reported that the French navy could lease a few of their Ms in the interim to the IN, deliveries would only have to commence by the 36 month after contract signing to there’s plenty of time to find solutions and meet agreements.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Not sure how credible but it was reported that the French navy could lease a few of their Ms in the interim to the IN, deliveries would only have to commence by the 36 month after contract signing to there’s plenty of time to find solutions and meet agreements.
Another possibility :
There are nearly 30 Rafale for French air force from an older order to deliver. It remains possible to pick some slots for an urgent delivery. It was the solution found to deliver the first Egypt Rafale in less than 7 months.

In this case, if ever, it will need some more time because there remains only one Rafale M in the order book if I remember well, so need time to change from a C/B to a M model (main pieces are the same, except landing gear (lead time ++), arrested hook and integrated ladder)

Super falcon

Country flag
In long run I think F 18 with better flight and air war records at sea battles would have been ideal choice rafale m never been tested against contested enemy like china

NutCracker

Country flag
Another possibility :
There are nearly 30 Rafale for French air force from an older order to deliver. It remains possible to pick some slots for an urgent delivery. It was the solution found to deliver the first Egypt Rafale in less than 7 months.

In this case, if ever, it will need some more time because there remains only one Rafale M in the order book if I remember well, so need time to change from a C/B to a M model (main pieces are the same, except landing gear (lead time ++), arrested hook and integrated ladder)
How easy it is to convert a Rafale-M into airforce variant ??
Estimated cost, in case after 20 years we wanna transfer these jet to IAF ?

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
In long run I think F 18 with better flight and air war records at sea battles would have been ideal choice rafale m never been tested against contested enemy like china
Agree, but Super Hornets would be very different from Rafales which IAF will operate, in a situation when Rafales are being used by both air branches, logistics and maintenance along with spares become a lesser issue.

Super falcon

Country flag
Agree, but Super Hornets would be very different from Rafales which IAF will operate, in a situation when Rafales are being used by both air branches, logistics and maintenance along with spares become a lesser issue.
Yes but interoperability with other us made P8 and Romeo halos in navy will be far greater with f 18 and us won't allow this type of data link with rafales which is important as per logistics these jets will be used on sea based AC so this logistics issue won't make big difference F 18 offers better situational awearness and IN is more happy with us made weapons than other two forces

NutCracker

Country flag
Yes but interoperability with other us made P8 and Romeo halos in navy will be far greater with f 18 and us won't allow this type of data link with rafales which is important as per logistics these jets will be used on sea based AC so this logistics issue won't make big difference F 18 offers better situational awearness and IN is more happy with us made weapons than other two forces
I think we are satisfied with NATO level interoperability that we might be getting with Rafale.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
What are the air war records of SH18 against china like contested air space ?
Except in some Hollywood films, not a single I'm afraid.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
How easy it is to convert a Rafale-M into airforce variant ??
Estimated cost, in case after 20 years we wanna transfer these jet to IAF ?
A Rafale M can do all the job of a C variant (except a penalty in weight). Without any extra cost.
The contrary is false.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Do you really imagine the P8 of USN are the same than yours?
To exchange datas there are L11 & L22.

Sayman Ame

Country flag

Daaamn dude, are you really a Pakistani? ( Don't lie, forum mods can see your IP address).

aXnMbd2_700b.jpg

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles