Indian Navy MiG 29K

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag

rohit b3

Country flag
Naval LCA in mk1A configuration is more advanced than Mig29K. However due to its single engine, it cannot take off with decent payload from a Carrier.
HOWEVER, NLCA Mk1A can take off with low fuel and refuelled in air by Mig29K if it needs to go in for a deep strike operation.

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
Naval LCA in mk1A configuration is more advanced than Mig29K. However due to its single engine, it cannot take off with decent payload from a Carrier.
HOWEVER, NLCA Mk1A can take off with low fuel and refuelled in air by Mig29K if it needs to go in for a deep strike operation.
More advanced, I'd use the word "sophisticated"
Cause in WVR combat, MiG29 can even match the superhornets
I'm a noob in this regard but whatever Advantage the Tejas may have in BVR or electronics or EW systems is negated in WVR by MiG29s sheer ruggedness, agility and High-G airframe
But as far as payload goes it can also carry more payload than the Chinki J-15, I believe it is also same for Tejas naval as @Bleh pointed out earlier

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
More advanced, I'd use the word "sophisticated"
Cause in WVR combat, MiG29 can even match the superhornets
I'm a noob in this regard but whatever Advantage the Tejas may have in BVR or electronics or EW systems is negated in WVR by MiG29s sheer ruggedness, agility and High-G airframe
Not anymore... BVRs we're the first nail in the coffin (but could atleast be countered) but 360° coverage long-ranged IIR missiles that can literally afford to come back around, are ending the days of maneuverability very quickly.

Trololo

Country flag
So it turns out that the upgrade will compose of:
1> Domestic mission computer.
2> Astra Mk1 missile
3> SAAW
4> Griffin LGB
5> Litening pod.

The above is a conservative upgrade package IMO. My Wishlist is:

1. Uttam AESA (preferably with GaN modules). Else the one meant for the LCA Mk2 with GaAs modules. Depends upon when the same is ready. Given how the radar is progressing I feel that it will see action on the 29K first before it goes on the LCA.
  2. IRDE IRST sensor from the LCA Mk2.
  3. The entire Astra family of missiles
  4. LCA Mk2's Nav-Attack system. This will be very similar to the Rafale's where the plane will fly to its target location and position itself for attack with minimal pilot input.
  5. Mk2s large area display cockpit (centre stick will prevent the pedestal second display so smaller units on each side similar to the Gripen-E can be considered. Alternatively one can also consider the large dual screen cockpit upgrade proposed for the Su-30.
  6. Garudaa, Garuthma, NG-LGB, and all other kinds of domestic PGMs.
  7. Python-5 or Asraam until Astra IR is available. Since the IAF plans to make the Asraam a fleet wide choice for all its platforms, the IN will also most likely go for the Asraam.
  8. BEL-DRDO's SDR set. The IN worked to develop this for all their platforms. Its a no-brainer that this will be integrated. Especially given the 27th Feb event in 2019.
  9. Mk2's UEWS or at least D-29 EW suite. The D-29 has been well received by the IAF.
  10. Advanced tactical datalinks: Probably comes standard with the SDR integration.
  11. CATS control capability: Doubtful. Depends upon the UAV scene with the navy over the next decade. Probably this will be there on the TEDBF and drones which fly from the 3rd aircraft carrier. But we might see an integration of the CATS Alfa and CATS cruise missile on the 29K.
  12. DC-MAWS: Again a no-brainer. The tech is already with us.
  13. Brahmos-NG: This one is coming for sure.
  14. SCALP, or some other form of the same if DRDO is working on one.

This should make the IN's MiG 29K the best version of the 29 series. And the great part is that almost all of the tech needed is available within India.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
We need another Squadron worth of Mig29K to sustain Carrier fleet operations
The Ks are beautiful but their availability and lack of future evolution makes them the last of their kind. It would be pointless to have more of them in a future where they cannot offer anything more. 45 of them should be the last of our purchase. MIG-29s have no future.

I wonder if Dassault can be a partner for TEDBF since the design between Rafales and our project is quite similar. It would help expedite the job. We could hold the patents while Dassault can be a design consultant.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
I call this a "model" plane... good only for modelling. :bplease:
Don't underestimate this beauty. It's Air Force variant has served us well in conflicts. The K version is probably the last that it will sell. The Su-75 should have been marketed under the MiG banner (since they are all under the same UAC corporation).

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Don't underestimate this beauty. It's Air Force variant has served us well in conflicts. The K version is probably the last that it will sell. The Su-75 should have been marketed under the MiG banner (since they are all under the same UAC corporation).
No doubt she's beautiful.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles