Indian Navy MiG 29K

Flying Dagger

Country flag
I don't think this is true, this kinda spread like wild fire....yes rd-33's are not the best know for service life but the overall availability is not bad and certainly not that concerning. Not like we have ton of choices considering how our indigenous roll out pace being close to crawl and walk speeds than running speed....
It's not engine that's the issue problem is mig were never made for aircraft carrier operation and were modified specifically for us. Russian navy also bought later as stop gap and due to budget cut.

The problems are so many from the airframe crack to what not

The solution is extensive maintenance and repair everytime it lands back. And we have been able to do that with availability rate around 70% from 37% in 2016 .

The only thing missing is avionics and AESA upgrade.

Better operate with reduced sqd. And wait for tedbf . There are many option they can lease Rafale or may be 12+ mig 29k will suffice for now.

It is up.for them to decide all options are good they know better.

omaebakabaka

It's not engine that's the issue problem is mig were never made for aircraft carrier operation and were modified specifically for us. Russian navy also bought later as stop gap and due to budget cut.

The problems are so many from the airframe crack to what not

The solution is extensive maintenance and repair everytime it lands back. And we have been able to do that with availability rate around 70% from 37% in 2016 .

The only thing missing is avionics and AESA upgrade.

Better operate with reduced sqd. And wait for tedbf . There are many option they can lease Rafale or may be 12+ mig 29k will suffice for now.

It is up.for them to decide all options are good they know better.
70% is pretty good achievement in my opinion, honestly it is high priority only with Pakis at the moment, otherwise Chinese are still confined to their regional seas as far as navy is concerned in offensive domain. No matter how you look at it, Rafale just does not seem to fit in for Vikram or IAC-1....reduced fleet is one or mig35 with aesa and so on have better chances if timing becomes critical

Trololo

Country flag
HVT mentioned on twitter that new land attack weapons are being integrated on the MiG 29K. I wonder what these are?

Trololo

Country flag
Good comparison video: Mig 29K vs Super Hornet.
Hornet has some advantages: Maintenance friendly, payload carrying capacity, avionics, weapons variety, range.
From our side we have all the tech at hand to improve on weapons variety and avionics.

Foxbat

Country flag
Beautiful!
What's it made of?
It's from a plastic kit with hundreds of small parts and decals (water based stickers)

Screenshot_20210717-192932.png

Breathtakingly beautiful. Pro-level detailing.

Will you be attempting our Mig-29KUB version as well? (please do)
Thanks 👍

I don't think any kit exists of a KUB, at least which I am aware of. This one took 40+ hours to make so definitely won't be attempting any complex model for a while....

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
Taking the liberty to post my recently completed 1/72 Scale Indian Air Force Mig-29UPG "Baaz" model.

View attachment 100383View attachment 100384View attachment 100386
By any chance you are part of facebook group "Indian Scale Modellers" ?

This was a public group and even i was part of it till perhaps 2019 where some ruckcus caused by some usual trolls forced them to make it private, highly recommended if you are into scale modelling etc.

Foxbat

Country flag
By any chance you are part of facebook group "Indian Scale Modellers" ?

This was a public group and even i was part of it till perhaps 2019 where some ruckcus caused by some usual trolls forced them to make it private, highly recommended if you are into scale modelling etc.
Yes I am, I have posted it there also. 😀

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles