Indian Navy finally Got Go head From US Govt for Deploying Emals and AAG on INS Vishal

WolfPack86

Country flag
India finally got go head from US Government for deploying advanced electromagnetic aircraft launch system and advance arresting gear for INS Vishal. Personally I prefer one 65,000 metric ton carriers and three 55,000 metric ton Conventional Catobar carriers. Totally 5 carriers one will be in refit and 4 will be on patrol seas. Next 3 years India will become super economy then will be build one 100,000 metric ton nuclear carrier we should start build these carrier in 2027. Government should also go 70 Submarines 40 Conventional submarines and 30 nuclear submarines. Out of 30 submarines 20 should nuclear attack submarines and remaining should be 10 ballistic missile submarines. India should procure 100 anti-submarine warfare helicopters and 200 naval multi role helicopters. Government should procure 50 Tejas Mk 2, 150 Rafales and 50 F35C. 50 F35C fighters for Ins Vishal. 150 Rafales for INS Vikramditya and INS Vikrant, and remaining carriers.

Government should focus on INS Vishal and as well as building submarines and helicopters. But top priority should be procurement of submarines and helicopters. Simultaneously building INS Vishal.

Note:

Above statements written by me is my on my own and not copied or posted from any other websites.

Innocent

Country flag
India finally got go head from US Government for deploying advanced electromagnetic aircraft launch system and advance arresting gear for INS Vishal. Personally I prefer one 65,000 metric ton carriers and three 55,000 metric ton Conventional Catobar carriers. Totally 5 carriers one will be in refit and 4 will be on patrol seas. Next 3 years India will become super economy then will be build one 100,000 metric ton nuclear carrier we should start build these carrier in 2027. Government should also go 70 Submarines 40 Conventional submarines and 30 nuclear submarines. Out of 30 submarines 20 should nuclear attack submarines and remaining should be 10 ballistic missile submarines. India should procure 100 anti-submarine warfare helicopters and 200 naval multi role helicopters. Government should procure 50 Tejas Mk 2, 150 Rafales and 50 F35C. 50 F35C fighters for Ins Vishal. 150 Rafales for INS Vikramditya and INS Vikrant, and remaining carriers.

Government should focus on INS Vishal and as well as building submarines and helicopters. But top priority should be procurement of submarines and helicopters. Simultaneously building INS Vishal.

Note:

Above statements written by me is my on my own and not copied or posted from any other websites.
I dont think we will ever see this happening.Its just too much to be true.
On the contrary i would like this.

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag

Note:

Well i think IN will procure at least 2 ins vishal carriers(nuclear powered-65000 tonne-EMALS) in addition of INS Vikramaditya and INS Vikrant.................

Our sub fleet needs a strong push.................In the next 25 years we must have 30 conventional attack subs 9-12 nuclear attack subs in addition of 6 Nuclear ballistic missile subs..................

4 Landing helo docks are good addition,to keep them potent we must buy 100 f-35b's and ASW helicopters

some 80 warships(destroyers+frigates+corvettes) along with some 30-40 missile boats will make the Indian navy unchallenged in the IOR.It will also allow us to project power in SCS.

Filtercoffee

Country flag
Well i think IN will procure at least 2 ins vishal carriers(nuclear powered-65000 tonne-EMALS) in addition of INS Vikramaditya and INS Vikrant.................

Our sub fleet needs a strong push.................In the next 25 years we must have 30 conventional attack subs 9-12 nuclear attack subs in addition of 6 Nuclear ballistic missile subs..................

4 Landing helo docks are good addition,to keep them potent we must buy 100 f-35b's and ASW helicopters

some 80 warships(destroyers+frigates+corvettes) along with some 30-40 missile boats will make the Indian navy unchallenged in the IOR.It will also allow us to project power in SCS.
IMHO IN will need 1 more Vikrant class carrier, followed by or made in tandem with 6 + vishal class carriers. 70 + submarines with 35 SSNs, 25 SSBNs and 10 - 15 conventional submarines. And a 150 + surface fleet.

Last edited:

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
IMHO IN will need 1 more Vikrant class carrier, followed by or made in tandem with 6 vishal class carriers. 70 + submarines with 35 SSNs, 25 SSBNs and 10 - 15 conventional submarines.
9 aircraft carriers,you gotta be kidding man.
4-6 carriers along with similar number of LHD's is enough for us.
And what the hell we will do with 25 SSBN's,6 are enough.We do not have unlimited budget that we will buy 60 nuke subs,30-35 conventional subs and 12-15 nuke subs are enough.

Anti sub capability needs to be boosted at first along with sub force,our carrier program is going at a steady pace.

Filtercoffee

Country flag
9 aircraft carriers,you gotta be kidding man.
4-6 carriers along with similar number of LHD's is enough for us.
And what the hell we will do with 25 SSBN's,6 are enough.We do not have unlimited budget that we will buy 60 nuke subs,30-35 conventional subs and 12-15 nuke subs are enough.

Anti sub capability needs to be boosted at first along with sub force,our carrier program is going at a steady pace.
The hunter killer mode started with having a small sub fleet, hence the numbers. If we have a fleet of such numbers then we won't need urgency in ASW. Remember if your underwater fleet is stronger it wouldn't matter if the enemy fleet has a massive surface flotila. I was hoping for a blue water fleet. Also the IN should take up the offer by CSL.

Last edited:

WolfPack86

Country flag
India require only 4 to 5 carriers for defenses. India must have 70 submarines. 40 coventional submarines and 30 nuclear submarines.

Country flag

I think Navy should now focus entirely on IAC 2 class Nuclear Carrier in 70000ton capacity- IAC1 class should now be used as a base to convert It into a LHD/VTOL, carrier-

By 2030 We may have 30 new conventional Submarines including 6-9 Scorpene class- 6 SSBN(2 are already made) and 6 SSN(including Akula)- IMO planning two separate manufacturing lines for two different class SSN should be followed one should be State owned which can make double hull Akula class boat- and the other with L&T to make single hull baracuda class boats- Since french already have some business with L&T in Nuclear program It would be easier to reach an agreement-

If we are able to do that- We may end up having 6+6=12 SSN of both classes by 2035- Which should be enough to take care of our needs in IOR-

Surface Ship manufacturing is going on at a good pace- But I hope some expansion is done in Mazgaon Docks so that we could make a Jump to 12000+ tons class destroyers-

Adioz

शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति
I think Navy should now focus entirely on IAC 2 class Nuclear Carrier in 70000ton capacity- IAC1 class should now be used as a base to convert It into a LHD/VTOL, carrier-

By 2030 We may have 30 new conventional Submarines including 6-9 Scorpene class- 6 SSBN(2 are already made) and 6 SSN(including Akula)- IMO planning two separate manufacturing lines for two different class SSN should be followed one should be State owned which can make double hull Akula class boat- and the other with L&T to make single hull baracuda class boats- Since french already have some business with L&T in Nuclear program It would be easier to reach an agreement-

If we are able to do that- We may end up having 6+6=12 SSN of both classes by 2035- Which should be enough to take care of our needs in IOR-

Surface Ship manufacturing is going on at a good pace- But I hope some expansion is done in Mazgaon Docks so that we could make a Jump to 12000+ tons class destroyers-
Two different types of SSN means 2X the r&d and 2X the cost of maintenance. Its better to expend our efforts on a single class of SSN.

Country flag
Two different types of SSN means 2X the r&d and 2X the cost of maintenance. Its better to expend our efforts on a single class of SSN.
That is why I said about involving a private player into It- L&T could give a good competition to Government's HSL- And That will ensure timely delivery of the submarines- I doubt much R&D can be done in limited time- Foreign technology has to be imported from French/Russians or both of them-

Besides both single hull and double hulled vessels have their own advantages and disadvantages- our SSBNs are double hulled, we have gained crucial single hull tech in scorpene- and would gain further in P75I project If a western submarine design is selected(like Baracuda shortfin)- It would be better to put use of that in Nuclear submarine also-

Innocent

Country flag
Navy should return to 'goddamned steam' on carrier, Trump says

President Trump says the Navy should abandon longstanding plans for electro-magnetic catapults for carrier aviation and return to the traditional steam-powered launch and recovery system,
according to the president's interview with TIME.

In the interview, Trump was asked about the future of Ford-class carrier technology and he specifically addressed perceived differences between the antiquated steam-powered system and the Ford's new Electromagnetic Aircraft Launch System, also known as EMALS.

"You know the catapult is quite important," said Trump. "So I said what is this? Sir, this is our digital catapult system. He said well, we’re going to this because we wanted to keep up with modern [technology]. I said, 'You don’t use steam anymore for catapult?' 'No sir.' I said, 'Ah, how is it working?' 'Sir, not good. Not good. Doesn’t have the power. You know the steam is just brutal. You see that sucker going and steam’s going all over the place, there’s planes thrown in the air.'"

The president's attitude became increasingly skeptical when discussing the switch to a new launch technology.

"It sounded bad to me. Digital. They have digital. What is digital? And it’s very complicated. You have to be Albert Einstein to figure it out. And I said — and now they want to buy more aircraft carriers. I said what system are you going to be — 'Sir, we’re staying with digital.' I said no you’re not. You going to goddamned steam, the digital costs hundreds of millions of dollars more money and it’s no good."

The system replacing the steam-powered launch and recovery system, however, isn't digital, but electromagnetic. For years the Navy has struggled to get the new technology up and running.

The EMALS technology, installed for the first time on the Ford, aims to improve efficiency and substantially reduce cost of maintenance, a vast improvement over the fund-draining, maintenance-intensive steam catapult technology, which is less compatible with modern propulsion systems.

The switch to the EMALS, as well as other technological advancements, is estimated to save the Navy $4 billion in maintenance costs over the course of the ship's 50-year lifetime, Navy officials say.

The new Ford-class carriers are built with two newly-designed reactors that can produce 250 percent more electrical capacity than the carriers of previous generations.

The 90,000-ton carrier Ford is widely considered the most technologically advanced — and most expensive — warship in history, coming in with a cost of $12.9 billion. The ship set sail for the first time in April.

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
Indian Navy already expressed its Plan to have 3 Aircraft Carriers (including 1 for maintenance Replacement)

Hari Sud

Country flag
Can somebody explain what an emal is?

How is it different from steam catapult ?

What does INS Vikramaditya has?

lcafanboy

Country flag
IMHO IN will need 1 more Vikrant class carrier, followed by or made in tandem with 6 + vishal class carriers. 70 + submarines with 35 SSNs, 25 SSBNs and 10 - 15 conventional submarines. And a 150 + surface fleet.
And finish off Indian economy and bring India on knees with out even enemy firing single bullet... :frusty:

Great idea thanks, we don't need enemies if people like you are around.......:daru:

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
From what I understand from recent reports:

1. USA is facing trouble inducting EMALS technology and may revert back to good old catapault considering cost.
2. To recover some of the cost they may try to dump EMALS technology to India at a extrmely high cost.
3. Condition imposed on India will be we have to purchase 57 F-18 SE for our carrier fleet and buy that dinosaur age F-16 for our single engine airforce requirement.
4. USA will "warn " Pakistan on terrorist sanctuaries till all the deals are signed. Once signed pakistan will become their "all weather ally" and India should revert back to dialogue.
5. People in the goverment and armed forces (with their import fetish) will happily beleive and sign those deals only to be screwed later.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles