Indian Navy Developments & Discussions

NutCracker

Country flag
Can 30mm canon installed on 2200 ton Indian coast Guard ships effective against corvette or frigate from 4-5 km distance.
And if not, then why such a weapon installed on such huge war vessel.
Salute to your imagination. Because it will not be a wise idea to poke with 30 mm gun at something that can rip you apart with Antiship missiles.

Fatalis

Country flag
5.jpg

Brahmos slant launcher.
Note one port is empty which might be the same missile which was fired last year.

The sad part for me is that it could have carried 8 more Brahmos in the same configuration but they chose not to. Also, there is no significant Air defence modernisation. It still carries the same arm launcher Shtil and Barak-1 missile combo.

binayak95

Country flag
View attachment 189969
@binayak95 sir ji. What exactly are these two systems?
the one in yellow is part of the RAST system - this is a newer system that visually tracks the helicopter's relative velocity, pitch and roll and provides real time correction data to the handler in the red - who then directs the helicopter into the right spot over the deck so that RAST's hook can be attached to the helo.

Post this, the helo is literally winched down onto the deck and then taken into either hangars using the rails shown.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Lot of real estate near the rear Barak 8 VLS. I think the limited life of missiles in vls and the associated cost of replacement and opex is what making the Navy go with less loadout.
yea quite a bit smaller than the P17/P15 (and cheaper too) but the Type 31s are pretty lowly armed by modern standards too

I guess navies are leaving real estate for future systems

Fatalis

Country flag
Intersting thing I observed that P-15A carries only 2 SRCG where as P11356 carries 4 SRCG.

Even though P-15B carries 4 SRCG why they have put only 2 SRCG on P-15A.

jik60

Country flag
Intersting thing I observed that P-15A carries only 2 SRCG where as P11356 carries 4 SRCG.

Even though P-15B carries 4 SRCG why they have put only 2 SRCG on P-15A.
P15B has only 2 SRCG

Global Defence

New threads

Articles