Indian Navy Developments & Discussions

Blademaster

@binayak95 sir what are your thoughts?
Frankly I don't give a shit but it shows where the IN has been wasting its time. It need to devote its time better and towards more useful endeavors such as figuring out how to get P75I project moving and back on track and developing indigenous maritime engines inhouse.

DumbPilot

Country flag
But does it makes sense to keep centuries old British naval terms for present age Armed forces?
They're just ranks. British Navy was one of the most powerful navies ever(up there with the league of Cholas in might and fame), and the system we inherited from the British(NCO, JCO, etc) worked and works amazingly.

I'm fine with replacing those as long as we still retain the edge that makes our military one of the most disciplined and professional in this part of the world. I would rather we do superficial things like these after acquiring the necessary capital.

SKC

Country flag
They're just ranks. British Navy was one of the most powerful navies ever(up there with the league of Cholas in might and fame), and the system we inherited from the British(NCO, JCO, etc) worked and works amazingly.

I'm fine with replacing those as long as we still retain the edge that makes our military one of the most disciplined and professional in this part of the world. I would rather we do superficial things like these after acquiring the necessary capital.
Yes, they are just ranks so why not name according to your traditions and requirements.

johnj

Dont know why sudden love for Rafale-M!!
F/A-18 is literally the best naval aircraft out there with best of tech and capabilities.
Pakistan alliance.
Dassault- Reliance support, IAF already paying for local weapons upgrade, future possibility of folding wings, and rafale is better in air to air missions, internal irst, etc.

johnj

Rafale-M is no better than F/A-18 in any way!
Then why french using rafale ?? and why iaf choose eft & rafale and not sh ?? and why usa not selling sh to china & f35 to india ??
Right now rafale is better suited for IN, like mig29k two decade ago.

SKC

Country flag
Then why french using rafale ?? and why iaf choose eft & rafale and not sh ?? and why usa not selling sh to china & f35 to india ??
Really Dude!

Do you see French using any US planes or EU planes?
US selling SH to China!!!

Kya laga liye weekend mai?

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
Rafale-M is suppose to have mechanical issues wrt lift in IAC-2.
How is Rafale better suited for Navy? F-18 is much better suited due to tight integration with P8I and MQ9.
I would like to add we already operate with Harpoon missile and US is operating open architecture based system for easy integration of Indian subsystems.
TATS-Boeing can also manufacture these aircraft in India.
F-18 also offer more payload.
From what I hear F-18 needs less maintenance compared to Rafale-M (citation needed).

Last edited:

johnj

Rafale-M is suppose to have mechanical issues wrt lift in IAC-2.
How is Rafale better suited for Navy? F-18 is much better suited due to tight integration with P8I and MQ9.
I would like to add we already operate with Harpoon missile and US is operating open architecture based system for easy integration of Indian subsystems.
TATS-Boeing can also manufacture these aircraft in India.
Yes, overall SH is good considering catobar emals , usn support etc, but sh can't give huge adv against plaan j31 naval & can't use against usa alliance.

johnj

US itself is offering it. Were you sleeping all this time?
This was not the case 10-20 yrs back.
US is offering ?? are you serious ?? Do you really think US allow to use of its weapons once sold against its alliance ?? Do you really think US provide help & support to saudi if saudi attack Israel ??

Global Defence

New threads

Articles