Indian Navy Developments & Discussions

swapcv

Country flag
Can the Kamorta's be jumboized? Add space for additional equipment or weapons perhaps? While its a fine ASW Corvette and has space left out for the addition of VLS capable of firing VL-SRSAM, adding some more weapons to its fit should'nt really hurt us a lot in terms of stability and seakeeping.

johnj

Can the Kamorta's be jumboized? Add space for additional equipment or weapons perhaps? While its a fine ASW Corvette and has space left out for the addition of VLS capable of firing VL-SRSAM, adding some more weapons to its fit should'nt really hurt us a lot in terms of stability and seakeeping.
It is designed considering future upgrades, including VL-SRSAM, vtol uav, autonomous crafts etc, so yes. All these were on Navy requirement list for a long time. Any issue can be fixed thanks to local/in house R&D.

binayak95

Country flag
Jumbosizing the Kamorta gives you, "drumroll" the NGC. Which is multirole

Rajaraja Chola

Country flag
Should I tell the main reason why despite being a $3.5 trillion dollar economy we are unable to compete with others....

....the answer lies in freebies....we are spending f**king ₹3.5 lac crores on freebies & this is just by central govt
the govt also spends much on subsidies on corporate sectors like PLI and interest less loans. Let’s not waybeat the poor for subsidies.

flanker99

Country flag
Ins vikrant
Hello everyone.

I was following how many warships of IN have got the SRCG. This is what I could find:

Name:Quantity:
INS Vikrant (R11)5
INS Vishakhapatnam (D66)4
INS Teg (F45)2
INS Kochi (D64)2
Rajput class (D54, D55)2
Saryu class (P57)2
Kamorta class (Unknown)2
I did not spot a single srcg on ins vikrant

Fatalis

Country flag
Well, we did see VL-SRSAM tested from a Rajput class destroyer not so long ago. But these ships are about to retire. So its more than likely just for testing purposes, not operationally deployed.
Yeah, make sense. In my opinion Delhi class will have their arm launchers replaced by VL-SRSAM but will IN replace their Barak-1 with AK-630? As D-60 and D-61 carry 32 Barak-1s.

Global Defence

Articles