India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

Are they making sense bcoz I think they do

Indigenous Knight

Country flag

Are they making sense bcoz I think they do
I believe it uses turbines, not steam engines! What's wrong with these people. Infact, nuclear power plants use steam for heat transfer. We just don't know how good their EMALS is, that's all.

mokoman

Country flag
I believe it uses turbines, not steam engines! What's wrong with these people. Infact, nuclear power plants use steam for heat transfer. We just don't know how good their EMALS is, that's all.
it uses capacitor bank discharge or something.

Chinese are claiming their version is more advanced than fords.

👀 they also mounted a rail gun on a ship and was claiming to have a working prototype. best to take everything they say with 1 ton of salt.

swapcv

Country flag
That's because Thermal Power does'nt equal to the actual Electricity generation of the ship. And the use of conventional gas turbines can be precluded because the Chinese haven't made any large Marine Gas Turbines or aeroderivative Marine Gas turbines of their own (their Aero Engine industry is itself a nascent one) and their largest ones are copies or reverse-engineered versions of Ukrainian designs such as the DT-59 and UGT-25000 both of which while sufficient to propel a Frigate, Destroyer or even a Cruiser are insufficient for a 85000t CV.

Gessler

Country flag
Guys, I just found this pic of Shivalik class' cic....what are these things??
View attachment 161591
@Lonewolf @Aniruddha Mulay @abingdonboy @Indx TechStyle @swapcv
I do not believe this is the CIC - this is not how work stations are laid out in CIC of any ship. Plus, there are no chairs. Operators don't stand around in the CIC, only the chiefs of departments/XO does.

This appears to be a room for monitoring & operation of machinery, integrated platform management or propulsion control. The consoles are probably related to that.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles