Indian Navy Developments & Discussions

flanker99

Country flag
Say all you want but that does not mean that you should keep pushing India deeper and intertwined with the US so that India does not have an independent foreign policy or be able to act on its own interests. That is what Dark Sorrow is advocating. His solution is not a solution but more of the same.

I see that you say "Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees". Well, fucking follow your fucking advice before you call someone else hypocritical. That's what I am advocating for India.
We are doing exactly what we should have been WRT foreign policy keeping grievances of both sides in mind while acting on our interests by sometimes upsetting one side or sometimes pleasing them.
People need to keep in mind that our trade with russia is miniscule compared to trade with US and western world and if push comes to shove the relationship with Russia isn't worth destroying our economy.
Our economy is more dependent on west than it was back 90's ...some people should understand that instead of being irrational

Blademaster

Let me get the picture straight we cancels a russian deal you guys go bersek .we cancelled US p8i we cancel a lot of deals we cancelled sig716,biho etc but when a russian deal gets cancelled its a problem for some guys .if its cancelled it might have a reason to it .only hypocrite would stay and enjoy the amenities of staying in other nation and accuse other people of being a part of that country company lol
Because russian deals do not come with any stringent requirement or conditions like the US deals do. Before this whole Russia Ukraine thing started, I was a big time advocate of getting the P-8i and more C-17s (that was too late MoD took too long) and getting more drones. I was really disappointed that GoI did not go for the P-8is and Reaper drones because that would have been a big boost to the IN's capabilities that Russia could not match. Ditto for the F-414 engines.

But then when we saw the US acting so unilaterally and threatening India if India did not comply with US's demands, my thinking have completely changed.

It is even more imperative that India develop its own defense industry and stop buying any western equipment or minimize the risks to such an extent that any sanctions would not prevent India from carrying out tasks to protect its national security interests.

So hence my statement, it is a stupid thing if GoI did not have a backup plan when it canceled the AEW helicopters.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
It is not about pleasing Putin. India's economy is way more resilient than you think or give credit for.

Sounds like you work in the IT sector and is working for a US company. You are afraid of losing your salary from the US. Why do you want to punish India for the decisions you have made? by forcing India to be forever slave to the US?

You want India to keep digging the hole deeper in order to avoid any kind of pain? This is why India will always be weaker than its enemies because people with such mentality keeps India weak.
India's economy today is not at all resilient. May be in 25-30 years but not today.
Only reasons countries from ME or Russia even listen to India is because we have money to make them toe in our line. What do you think will happen if that money disappears.
India doesn't have huge natural resource or oil wealth like Iran, Russia and other vagabond countries.

Me, I am not a salaried person. I have my own establishment generating employment to fellow Indians. What about you?
Why don't you come back to India, generate employment for other, have a life or death stake in Indian economy then advice Indians how much seriously should Indian take the sanctions threat.
Sitting in US it is very easy to be on high horse and tell others to get sacrificed.

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
Because russian deals do not come with any stringent requirement or conditions like the US deals do. Before this whole Russia Ukraine thing started, I was a big time advocate of getting the P-8i and more C-17s (that was too late MoD took too long) and getting more drones. I was really disappointed that GoI did not go for the P-8is and Reaper drones because that would have been a big boost to the IN's capabilities that Russia could not match. Ditto for the F-414 engines.

But then when we saw the US acting so unilaterally and threatening India if India did not comply with US's demands, my thinking have completely changed.

It is even more imperative that India develop its own defense industry and stop buying any western equipment or minimize the risks to such an extent that any sanctions would not prevent India from carrying out tasks to protect its national security interests.

So hence my statement, it is a stupid thing if GoI did not have a backup plan when it canceled the AEW helicopters.
Expecting GOI to have a backup plan is a big if.i think most likely since we are going for the rafale m or f18 a russian awac system might be trouble some ? Its just my speculation

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
Expecting GOI to have a backup plan is a big if.i think most likely since we are going for the rafale m or f18 a russian awac system might be trouble some ? Its just my speculation
That could be a possibility.

johnj

No. IN uses it own comms.
Ka31 cancellation is not a big thing now, I think.
Why spend half a billion on old tech, if we can develop one, with a little help ?

johnj

According to cancellation of Ka31 is not a bad decision, its cost around half a billion $ and uses
PESA tech with 150 km sensor range, when HAL fixing issues with naval dhruv and drdo developed AESA tech, plus aerial and sea tracking including missiles. Cancellation of Ka31 save time[negotiations], and helps find new solutions, and DRDO can develop a helio aew before c 295 Maritime patrol version.
Also GoI terminated/cancelled a lots of items in favour of indigenous solutions or due to long negotiation process.

FactsPlease

Country flag
The question is how soon. Vikrant is entering into service latest by end-2023 (call me optimistic, or else).
And keep in mind: Mig29k is still there, NOT going anywhere till other alternatives frucified. In other words, DRDO also need to step up data link solution (between AEW and Mig29, or we left them "naked" till ... ... ?)
Any delay of important air wing composition will also cause delay in training, tactic (development), and in the end, combat readiness.
I do hope all above been considered when they decide to cancel Ka31.
p.s. seems even we try to be neutral, the weapon (system) is inevitably inching toward western. I will still give GoI the credit of best strategic decision. Perhaps we don't have too many choices... ...

flanker99

Country flag
The question is how soon. Vikrant is entering into service latest by end-2023 (call me optimistic, or else).
And keep in mind: Mig29k is still there, NOT going anywhere till other alternatives frucified. In other words, DRDO also need to step up data link solution (between AEW and Mig29, or we left them "naked" till ... ... ?)
Any delay of important air wing composition will also cause delay in training, tactic (development), and in the end, combat readiness.
I do hope all above been considered when they decide to cancel Ka31.
p.s. seems even we try to be neutral, the weapon (system) is inevitably inching toward western. I will still give GoI the credit of best strategic decision. Perhaps we don't have too many choices... ...
Vikrant will be commissioned in august this year

flanker99

Country flag

DEV1729

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Even I was an early supporter of the QUAD. Now QUAD is a joke.
You need to live in russia instead of crying from usa .Russia is not a friend of india but a bitch of china recent imran putin meeting and a pro pak documentary on kashmir by russia government media is an example as russia too want to tap the ummah chumma terrorists for its goals in central asia.Russia is a dead horse for india and has nothing to offer but we can use it to bait europe and usa and tell them about the dangers they will face if dragon and bear collaborate with jihadis.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles