Indian Navy Developments & Discussions

Kalkioftoday

Country flag
View attachment 132933

the sheer dumbness of this shocks everyone :hail::hail:.

you are ranting as if there is no ADS on those ships.

and calling ship under-armed as if chinks have got the tech for intercepting supersonic sea skimming cruise missile.
You know what more dumb?
To think that other side doesn't have this or that capabilities. Go check their list of supersonic anti-ship missile or their version of sea skeaming klub which can attain a supersonic speed in it's terminal phase. China spend lot in their R&D unlike us. They don't have to spoonfed everything unlike us who wants everything in TOT while spending peanut in actual R&D.
36 barak won't cut it against a salvo of missile and drones. 36 isn't enough i am telling you again.

Aniruddha Mulay

Country flag
View attachment 132933

the sheer dumbness of this shocks everyone :hail::hail:.

you are ranting as if there is no ADS on those ships.

and calling ship under-armed as if chinks have got the tech for intercepting supersonic sea skimming cruise missile.
Ha Ha Ha. Isn't this the story of every defence enthusiast drunk on Hopium? VL-SRSAM is still in trial phase, it'll take years before they install it's operational version in our warships. And forget sub launched Varunastra, cuz the last time i check we were conducting the trial for ship launched version in Issyk-Kul lake in Kyrgyzstan before the scientists contruct covid 19 there and IAF had to evacuate them all and some twitter fools thought we were evacuating our RAA agents who according to them were spying on china and also there's a reason why we unban Leonardo.
Unless those ships get the real weapon they are still underarm, 'trial chal raha ha', 'jaldi ayega' will work for people like you not for the actual navy guys who have to do the fighting.
If a conflict start today i hope the navy send you to the chinese side to explain them how our ships will get the new weapons "soon" and can the chinese side stop the further escalation till our ships get their weapons.

It looks like the sun also doesn't shine in your brain too. To think that we can surpass the Aegis and SM6 equipped american with export version of MF-STAR and Barak seeker is extremely moronic.
Our competition with the american hasn't even started yet. When we start using our own desi MF-Star, from than the competition will begun.

Coz the desi alternatives were expansive as hell. Instead of writing ten line, you could've wrote this in one line
Man your stupid and half-assed knowledge rants make me laugh🤣🤣🤣.
Had this rant been on Twitter, it would have been a featured post on the GemsofExfart page.

Kalkioftoday

Country flag
Man your stupid and half-assed knowledge rants make me laugh🤣🤣🤣.
Had this rant been on Twitter, it would have been a featured post on the GemsofExfart page.
When you can't argue further enough this is what twitter RamdiRona you came up with?
If you have any more information regarding this topic than do share and if you don't than don't involve yourself cuz it means you are also spreading 'stupid and half-assed knowledge rants'.

Aniruddha Mulay

Country flag
Coz the desi alternatives were expansive as hell. Instead of writing ten line, you could've wrote this in one line
[/QUOTE]
Well, I can't argue with a dolt who has his head stuck up his arse and can't listen to what others want to convey

Kalkioftoday

Country flag
Well, I can't argue with a dolt who has his head stuck up his arse and can't listen to what others want to convey
[/QUOTE]
I am also having the same problem here, trying to convey what i want to say.
If you managed to free up your head from your dumb arse than do let me know. I'll try to make you understand http://trishul-trident.blogspot.com/2018/02/dsar-srvs-ready-for-delivery-but-dsvs.html?m=1

THESIS THORON

Country flag
I am also having the same problem here, trying to convey what i want to say.
If you managed to free up your head from your dumb arse than do let me know. I'll try to make you understand http://trishul-trident.blogspot.com/2018/02/dsar-srvs-ready-for-delivery-but-dsvs.html?m=1
what ever problem you have regarding our ships can only be solved in a major refit.

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
Every good navy in the world have their major warships with more than 32 airdefense missiles. In that sense IN ships are underarmed for air defense role. If we want proper fleet defense, we will have to follow US example, otherwise hopium and copium toh h hi. And if chinese navy come, they will come with greater strength than us, with thier uvls, only they would know the amount of antiship missiles they carry, anywhere starting from 8. Also in absence of proper naval AEW aircraft, forget engagement after 50kms or so coz as you know ASM travel quite low, particularly true for chinese copied kalibr supersonic terminal stage missile, which is so in its last 50km sprint.

Things need to change that's all I'll say. Ye copium band karo. And for anyone who thinks Barak 8 is one shot one kill can kindly go to PeeDF and join their fraternity. For the matter of fact, in today's age, taking out a supersonic missile is still very difficult and not some easy game.

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
As you know Americans are not some stupid, their navy knows much well than others, when other navies were sucking their thumb in mouth, USN was already at the bleeding edge of tech. There's a reason chinese are copying their structure.
I seriously support a catobar carrier coz it will seriously bring an overall operational doctrine change in IN. The capability it provides is unparalleled by any type of ship you induct.

It's already enough shame that we don't even come in top 5 navies let alone tech wise. And for god sake ye 3-6 ka order Dena band karo, atleast 10-12 of each types should be build.

Kalkioftoday

Country flag
Every good navy in the world have their major warships with more than 32 airdefense missiles. In that sense IN ships are underarmed for air defense role. If we want proper fleet defense, we will have to follow US example, otherwise hopium and copium toh h hi. And if chinese navy come, they will come with greater strength than us, with thier uvls, only they would know the amount of antiship missiles they carry, anywhere starting from 8. Also in absence of proper naval AEW aircraft, forget engagement after 50kms or so coz as you know ASM travel quite low, particularly true for chinese copied kalibr supersonic terminal stage missile, which is so in its last 50km sprint.

Things need to change that's all I'll say. Ye copium band karo. And for anyone who thinks Barak 8 is one shot one kill can kindly go to PeeDF and join their fraternity. For the matter of fact, in today's age, taking out a supersonic missile is still very difficult and not some easy game.
We should've copied the americans here instead we choose this shitty standalone VLS model. UVLS nowadays can give any ship a proper designation (Air defence or Strike/Anti-Shipping). Nobody will know if a enemy ship coming our way is carrying a salvo or interceptors to protect the band baja barat that is coming behind him.

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
We should've copied the americans here instead we choose this shitty standalone VLS model. UVLS nowadays can give any ship a proper designation (Air defence or Strike/Anti-Shipping). Nobody will know if a enemy ship coming our way is carrying a salvo or interceptors to protect the band baja barat that is coming behind him.
It's not that we didn't, it's just that we couldn't even if we want to.
We don't really had any good experience in naval systems back then and only now we have been working towards developing them.
US was not close to us but Russia was and guess what, they have different vls for different missiles. So its only natural that after operating Delhi class, which was very Soviet esque we would gravitate towards them. But this was not the case so as Kolkata was a serious departure from Soviet style warships, now what we got to equip our warships was systems which were from different countries and universal launched from them, I would be a damned idiot to even think so. We got no option and that's it.
Also mk41 vls was the only such system available and well we couldn't have them coz US. European Sylver VLS just came into being recently.

So are our ships armed poorly in air defense- yes. That's the price we way for foreign maal and not having indigenious one.
But now look at future, a UVLS is under construction by drdo which will house all indigenious missiles, which if IN supports fully and tells drdo what type of missiles they want, one huge part of the problem will be solved and drdo is capable enough as of now to solve them.
On radar front, we should be able to have next ships armed with our own radar.
I mean if IN wants it has options for future unlike in past

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
Isn't INS Vishal going to be a steam CATOBAR?
Apparently people from all spheres are peddling the idea of another vikrant type stobar, reson being cheaper and risk aversive which is the most stupidest thing I have heard. What catobar provides is quantum jump in effectiveness.
Either go CATOBAR ya phir jab chinese aaye toh haath jod lena bas.

MonaLazy

Apparently people from all spheres are peddling the idea of another vikrant type stobar, reson being cheaper and risk aversive which is the most stupidest thing I have heard. What catobar provides is quantum jump in effectiveness.
Either go CATOBAR ya phir jab chinese aaye toh haath jod lena bas.
Oh from their PoV any carrier is better than no carrier- drawing on the late CDS' less than enthusiastic comments on Navys 3rd ACC, so they suggest another INS Vikrant for speedy construction and low cost.

We are both risk-averse and not very wealthy, & given the USS Ford experience they are not entirely unjustified

$400K just to unclog the toilets!! :scared2:

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
Oh from their PoV any carrier is better than no carrier- drawing on the late CDS' less than enthusiastic comments on Navys 3rd ACC, so they suggest another INS Vikrant for speedy construction and low cost.
I am unable to see use of such stobar carrier against chinese other than defensive air cover. Can't operate Aew like e2d Hawkeye, can't operate mini tankers to extend air cover duration, can't operate drones, the next thing. Who will provide long range targeting data for brahmos?

MonaLazy

I am unable to see use of such stobar carrier against chinese other than defensive air cover. Can't operate Aew like e2d Hawkeye, can't operate mini tankers to extend air cover duration, can't operate drones, the next thing. Who will provide long range targeting data for brahmos?
Of course, that is not even in question.

EMALS CATOBAR > steam CATOBAR >>> STOBAR

but given the financial situation maybe a CATOBAR is out of reach- so is it better to have only 1 Vikrant or 2 of them?

I still think it is better to wait, save up for a 100K ton EMAL'd Vishal starting construction in 5-7 years from now.

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
Of course, that is not even in question.

EMALS CATOBAR > steam CATOBAR >>> STOBAR

but given the financial situation maybe a CATOBAR is out of reach- so is it better to have only 1 Vikrant or 2 of them?

I still think it is better to wait, save up for a 100K ton EMAL'd Vishal starting construction in 5-7 years from now.
I think this money issue should be made clear for now. The way our ships cost so much almost like a USN ship while not even having half of the capability is some serious bullshit.
This is a clear indication of rather criminal handling of these projects and all these delays crap, I mean mistake can happen once or twice but for every project to experience cost over runs is mind boggling, tell me the last project which was on time, yeah none. People should be made accountable and send to gulag to have some sweet tea and meditate. Price of such projects have even crossed twice the original amount, let that sink in.
I would say that there is enough money and will continue to be available in greater amount in coming years. Carrier will take a decade to build and such expenditure is very much justified considering future chinese threats.
Warna toh pero m gir jaate h sab aur saare ships ko 100s of small missiles boats se replace kar dete h, joking for who didn't get it.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles