Indian Navy Developments & Discussions

swapcv

Country flag
The FS Chevalier Paul has a somewhat cleaner profile which probably helps with stealth? Or does the clutter on the Kolkata help dissipate radar waves?
Neah the cleaner lines of the French Ship do have the function of reducing RCS. It's a further development of Angled Faceted hull form which their Lafayette class patrol Frigate pioneered. The reason why Kolkata does'nt have much cleaner lines are because it is still borrows heavily from the older P-15 design. A P-18 might rectify that as it will be very much a clean slate design, taking into account all lessons learnt from the design, construction and operation of the P-15, 15A, 15B classes.

IndianHawk

Country flag
Neah the cleaner lines of the French Ship do have the function of reducing RCS. It's a further development of Angled Faceted hull form which their Lafayette class patrol Frigate pioneered. The reason why Kolkata does'nt have much cleaner lines are because it is still borrows heavily from the older P-15 design. A P-18 might rectify that as it will be very much a clean slate design, taking into account all lessons learnt from the design, construction and operation of the P-15, 15A, 15B classes.
Has to do with armament too. So as long we keep using RBUs they will keep cluttering the deck. But they are very useful in indian Ocean.

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
In my opinion, we need more (Anti Submarine Warfare) ASW assets, just 9-10 P-8Is, 24 MH 60 helicopters won't be enough in my opinion.

Guys,like we bought MH 60 Romeo helicopter for Anti Submarine Warfare Role ,should we buy AW159 helicopters too?Even They are pretty good anti Submarine Warfare helicopters in my opinion(Just a personal opinion, so don't bash me about it kindly)
Wildcat-HMA2-008.jpg

flanker99

Country flag
In my opinion, we need more (Anti Submarine Warfare) ASW assets, just 9-10 P-8Is, 24 MH 60 helicopters won't be enough in my opinion.

Guys,like we bought MH 60 Romeo helicopter for Anti Submarine Warfare Role ,should we buy AW159 helicopters too?Even They are pretty good anti Submarine Warfare helicopters in my opinion(Just a personal opinion, so don't bash me about it kindly)
View attachment 121556
More types arnt the answer more numbers of the same type is

flanker99

Country flag
Anyone saw any official tweets/release on where INS Vishakhapatnam will be stationed(under which command)?

Last edited:

JBH22

When china was the size of Indian economy back in 2007 they had zero aircraft carriers.

We have two in water.

I wonder how many aircraft carriers we will have when we reach the size of chinese economy today.
Don't worry Bhai, once we get coalition govt in place. We will take reverse gear to 1950s. After all our dynast leaders need to stash funds in Swiss banks😜😜 coupled with re-education camps waiting for sanghis🐷🐷

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles