Indian Navy Developments & Discussions

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars Instead of procuring uber expensive 9000-10000 ton destroyers, there should be to build 12 more destroyers under Project 15C whose design will be similar to Vizag class with improved stealth features, improved secondary radar, etc. Then only go for Project 18.

Tridev123

Country flag

Karthi

Country flag
Bharat_Electronics_and_Terma_sign_agreement_for_Indian_coastal_surveilannce_system_925_001.jpg

Bharat Electronics and Terma sign agreement for Indian coastal surveillance system.

The Coastal Surveillance System of the Indian Coast Guard is aimed at covering the entire Indian coastline in two phases. While Phase I has been successfully established with the network of 46 SCANTER 2001 radar sites, Phase II will cover up the gaps and strengthen it with 38 more SCANTER 2001 radar sites.

Terma radar can separate multiple (non-cooperative) surfaces and air targets in close proximity, in all weather conditions (sea states), which is important for SAR missions in low visibility, but also to protect the natural resources from illegal fishing, track and control foreign vessels, and fight criminals wanting to get access to the territorial waters or the main land.

Brood Father

Country flag
Submarine construction is a complex process.
Hope the expertise gained by Mazagaon Docks is nurtured and not wasted.
An additional order of 3 to 6 Scorpenes is needed till our proposed indigenous
submarine plan fructifies.
Sounding repeatative but P75I should be cancelled and the 5 new scorpion class submarines should be ordered

The current P75I should be rebranded as P76 to avoid any loss of faith from foreign collaborators

Tridev123

Country flag
Sounding repeatative but P75I should be cancelled and the 5 new scorpion class submarines should be ordered

The current P75I should be rebranded as P76 to avoid any loss of faith from foreign collaborators
There is no need to cancel P75I. Because in all probability it will be the Russian Amur class sub with Vertical launch Brahmos that will be selected.
I believe the Government does not want to put all its eggs into the Western basket.
In the interest of strategic independence.

The follow on order for Scorpenes could be the Super Scorpenes(bigger, AIP equipped and better armed).

India has much less submarines compared to China and building Super Scorpenes 6 nos along with Project 75I 6nos will not be excess. But L&T should be selected to build at least half of the orders.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Does anyone know, how many IN boats are undergoing refit at the moment?

in a think tank discussion I posted yesterday, one guy was saying 60% of the fleet is undergoing refit at the moment.

NAMICA

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
View attachment 67535

Bharat Electronics and Terma sign agreement for Indian coastal surveillance system.

The Coastal Surveillance System of the Indian Coast Guard is aimed at covering the entire Indian coastline in two phases. While Phase I has been successfully established with the network of 46 SCANTER 2001 radar sites, Phase II will cover up the gaps and strengthen it with 38 more SCANTER 2001 radar sites.

Terma radar can separate multiple (non-cooperative) surfaces and air targets in close proximity, in all weather conditions (sea states), which is important for SAR missions in low visibility, but also to protect the natural resources from illegal fishing, track and control foreign vessels, and fight criminals wanting to get access to the territorial waters or the main land.
Why they are not using drdo developed radar?

Karthi

Country flag
4753.jpg

Indian Navy inducts two American Predator drones on lease, can be deployed in China border.

The Indian Navy has inducted two Predator drones from an American firm on lease for carrying out surveillance in the Indian Ocean Region and which can also be deployed along the Line of Actual Control in Eastern Ladakh.

The American-origin drones have been inducted by the Navy under the emergency procurement powers granted by the Defence Ministry in view of the India-China border conflict.

"The drones arrived in India in the second week of November and were inducted into flying operations on November 21 at Indian Navy base at INS Rajali," top government sources told ANI.

The drones have already started flying operations and with an endurance capability of being in the air for over 30 hours, they are proving to be a big asset for the maritime force, they said. An American crew from the vendor is also accompanying the equipment and would support the Navy in operating the machines, the sources said.

The drones are flying in Indian colours and would be on lease with India for one year even as the three services are preparing the case for acquiring 18 more such drones from the US, the sources said.

India and America have been working very closely during the ongoing conflict against Chinese aggression in Eastern Ladakh including help in surveillance and information sharing in all domains, the sources said.

Under the lease agreement, the American support staff will only help in the maintenance and technical issues whereas the sortie planning and the joystick control would be with the Indian Navy personnel, the sources said.

The data gathered by the drones during the flight would also be the exclusive property of the Indian Navy, the sources said.
The Indian armed forces have been showing faith in American systems in the last few years for their surveillance requirements as Indian Navy already has 9 P-8I long-range surveillance planes and would get another nine in next few years.
For helicopters also, it is buying 24 MH-60 Romeos for giving it a multirole capability.
India and America have also signed the basic foundation agreements for cooperation in defence and national security domain.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles