Indian Navy Developments & Discussions

Prashant12

Country flag
Indian Navy pushing Rs 3,500 crore Kamov-31 chopper deal with Russia

The Navy already has a fleet of 12 of these Kamov-31 choppers which sanitise the air space around the aircraft carriers and destroyers operating in open seas.

New Delhi: Seeking to strengthen capabilities against aerial threats to its aircraft carriers and large warships, the Indian navy has moved a proposal to acquire 10 Kamov-31 choppers from Russia.

"The Defence Ministry is scheduled to take up over Rs 3,500 crore proposal for buying around 10 Kamov-31 Airborne Early Warning and Control choppers for the aircraft carrier operations and deployment future warships of the Gregorivich class," Government sources told ANI.

A high-level defence ministry meeting is also scheduled to discuss the revalidation of an Indian Coast Guard proposal for acquiring six maritime surveillance aircraft based on the C-295 aircraft platform which is likely to replace the Avro transport planes in the Air Force.

The Navy already has a fleet of 12 of these Kamov-31 choppers which sanitise the air space around the aircraft carriers and destroyers operating in open seas.

For the anti-submarine warfare operations, the Navy has a fleet of Russian Kamov-28 choppers along with the Seaking choppers which were procured long back In the 1980s and need to be upgraded for future operations.

The Narendra Modi led government has not let the election season affect the military modernisation plans as Defence Acquisition Council and Cabinet Committee on Security meetings are being held regularly to clear important acquisitions for the forces.

https://zeenews.india.com/india/ind...amov-31-chopper-deal-with-russia-2200529.html

Prashant12

Country flag
Defence Ministry today cleared the acquisition of 10 Kamov-31 choppers from Russia. The cost of the project is around Rs 3,600 crore and the choppers would be used in airborne early warning roles.

IndianHawk

Country flag
Defence Ministry today cleared the acquisition of 10 Kamov-31 choppers from Russia. The cost of the project is around Rs 3,600 crore and the choppers would be used in airborne early warning roles.

Goes to show India is taking electronic warfare very seriously. Combine with new anti submarine
Warfare choppers ordered from USA this is some serious upgrade in new battlefield technology.

Sent from my C103 using Tapatalk

Shashwat

Country flag
^^ Not yet ordered, only approval given by USA for acquisition.

aarav

जय परशुराम‍।
Country flag
France has also brought it's nuclear submarine along with carrier in this exercise ,tells you about the level of strategic ties between India and France

shankyz

Country flag
Source : Livefist (Twitter)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

shankyz

Country flag
None of the Dorniers are weaponized as far as my knowledge goes.

These are purely used for Maritime Surveillance and patrol.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Snowcat

Country flag
So guys i have heard something from a source about the recent fire on INS vikramaditya.
It was mentioned earlier that a naval officer died during fire fighting. It has come to my knowledge that 5 seamen were trapped in the ER during the fire and all of them succumbed to their injuries.
The thing that i am disappointed is that none of this info was mentioned either by Navy or news sources , and if navy is somehow trying to hide the casualties , that is just straight disrespectful to the fallen.

binayak95

Country flag
So guys i have heard something from a source about the recent fire on INS vikramaditya.
It was mentioned earlier that a naval officer died during fire fighting. It has come to my knowledge that 5 seamen were trapped in the ER during the fire and all of them succumbed to their injuries.
The thing that i am disappointed is that none of this info was mentioned either by Navy or news sources , and if navy is somehow trying to hide the casualties , that is just straight disrespectful to the fallen.
Yeah, BULLSHIT.

We are not Pakistan who deny or suppress men KIA.

Go peddle your propaganda somewhere else.

aarav

जय परशुराम‍।
Country flag
Why are you spamming propaganda on every thread ,please tell your sources if your sources knows about exact numbers then names would also be known or else keep Paki propaganda to yourself

Snowcat

Country flag
Yeah, BULLSHIT.

We are not Pakistan who deny or suppress men KIA.

Go peddle your propaganda somewhere else.
Oh so I questioned our armed forces , that is somehow a propaganda now and that makes me a Pakistani. Oh right , we should just follow and listen to them with eyes closed.

Snowcat

Country flag
Why are you spamming propaganda on every thread ,please tell your sources if your sources knows about exact numbers then names would also be known or else keep Paki propaganda to yourself
Well people are getting hostile just because I questioned it and how tf am I spamming everywhere when I have just posted it in the relevant threads. As of my source, it's an Indian naval personnel only and a pretty old one at that. If you somehow think I will name my source , well aren't you living in a cocoon then.

Advaidhya Tiwari

Well people are getting hostile just because I questioned it and how tf am I spamming everywhere when I have just posted it in the relevant threads. As of my source, it's an Indian naval personnel only and a pretty old one at that. If you somehow think I will name my source , well aren't you living in a cocoon then.
The news has said that one officer died and a few are critical. So, it is possible that few others died later in hospital but the number of people dead on the ship is 1

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles