Indian Navy Developments & Discussions

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
Our Indian Navy should Induct ships with these kind of Designs. We should have ships with clean decks and try and make it as stealth as possible. The cleaner the Deck of a Warship will be, The Stealthier it will become in the long run, lower RCS.
We should design such ships in my opinion.
A simple thing do would be to build Corvettes of Clean slated deck designs like For Example Milgem Corvettes.
We could build such ships and Induct them in the Navy. It will be very good in my opinion to be honest. Also the Design should be as simple as possible and the Deck should be kept as clean as possible. (Refer to below pics to understand what type of Designs i am trying to refer here)
Please note that it's just my personal view here and nothing else.
20211215_131927.jpg

f4c00f361b0be05ca3a7c66db6ec1306--navy-ships-genetics.jpg

2b9271550c00dbc106923a1da037d97e.jpg

Super Flanker

Country flag
But would it have any effect, considering that the MiG-29Ks themselves have availability of just 60% (some reports say 45%)?

This is great news for creating economies of scale, but going by the Hangar Queen approach of the K series, I think that the Navy will junk the entire fleet in the next 5 years.
I believe that Indian Navy will start Phasing out MIG-29s maybe somewhere in the Year 2030 onwards.
Retiring Before that won't be a very good idea.
Or as Soon as TEDBF arrives, the MIG-29s can start their Retirement Process.

Super Flanker

Country flag
Does anyone here have the RFI for the Naval Utility Helicopter (NUH)?
Bro, As of now, I can't share the link of the RFI because it's on the internet in the Form of a PDF file.
But if you really want to see the RFI which was issued with regards to Naval Utility helicopter than go to google and type these Exact Words in the Google search bar :
'Naval Utility Helicopter RFI'
And after you scroll a little bit down you Shall come across the PDF of the File which is the RFI of the Naval Utility helicopter.
Here is a Screenshot to help you with what i am trying to say:
IMG_20211215_153527.jpg

Scroll a bit down and you will get the PDF(which has been marked with Red arrow in above Screenshot) have a nice day ahead mate.

Super Flanker

Country flag
Successor to Kolkata-class, right?
Yes bro. Visakhapatnam class is a successor (follow on Class) of the Previous Kolkata class Destroyers.
kolkata Class was called as Project 15A and Visakhapatnam class was called as Project 15B .

Tactical Doge

π•±π–”π–”π–‘π–˜ π–—π–šπ–˜π– 𝖆𝖓𝖉 π–†π–“π–Œπ–Šπ–‘π–˜ π–‹π–Šπ–†π–—
Country flag

Kalkioftoday

Country flag
Bro, As of now, I can't share the link of the RFI because it's on the internet in the Form of a PDF file.
But if you really want to see the RFI which was issued with regards to Naval Utility helicopter than go to google and type these Exact Words in the Google search bar :
'Naval Utility Helicopter RFI'
And after you scroll a little bit down you Shall come across the PDF of the File which is the RFI of the Naval Utility helicopter.
Here is a Screenshot to help you with what i am trying to say:
View attachment 125427
Scroll a bit down and you will get the PDF(which has been marked with Red arrow in above Screenshot) have a nice day ahead mate.
Thanks mil gaya
Thanks anyway. BTW is that your real name?

Super Flanker

Country flag
One more question, are you an indian? Cuz i don't see any flag beside your name and i thought you're an foreigner
You can't see any flag beside me ?oh I guess I might have messed up in the settings. I am actually An Indian Christian bro. Not a foreigner, I am an Indian Christian.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
I believe that Indian Navy will start Phasing out MIG-29s maybe somewhere in the Year 2030 onwards.
Retiring Before that won't be a very good idea.
Or as Soon as TEDBF arrives, the MIG-29s can start their Retirement Process.
Come on, man. TEDBF is nowhere right now. Let's be realistic about its operational timeline. There is easily going to be another 1-2 years of discussions. After that another 10-12 years for development + testing and then serial production. Even if HAL has mastered 4.5 generation jet-making, let's see some of the questions here:

1. Which engine?
  2. Which radar & EW? (Since Uttam & Mayavi EW are more current than future)
  3. What weapons package? Astra Mk2/3 is for air, what about anti-ship domestic options?
  4. How many firm orders?
Even the Navy is scratching their heads right now. Do not expect the first TEDBF in Navy's paintjob before 2037-38 (unless we do a China).

The MiGs would be splashing into the sea by then.

Super Flanker

Country flag
Come on, man. TEDBF is nowhere right now. Let's be realistic about its operational timeline. There is easily going to be another 1-2 years of discussions. After that another 10-12 years for development + testing and then serial production. Even if HAL has mastered 4.5 generation jet-making, let's see some of the questions here:
I agree with that TEDBF won't be coming as soon as it touted to be coming but in my opinion, a more Realistic timeline for the First TEDBF will be around the year 2030-31,The First TEDBF will be delivered in this time.
HAL had already mastered how to make a 4th + Generation Aircraft with experience gained in the LCA Project. Also, TEDBF is a naval Aircraft, which will be Able to take-off and land from and on the Deck of an aircraft carrier. For this , Experience has already been gained in the naval LCA program which is very important and hence TEDBF will come much quicker than you think. I have given a realistic timeline for the 1st prototype to arrive latest by 2026 and the First unit to enter service in 2032 at most!
Which engine?
The Initial batches I believe will be using Imported GE engines from America. Later an Indigenous Engine will be used.
Which radar & EW? (Since Uttam & Mayavi EW are more current than future)
Most probably UTTAM AESA RADAR will be used in TEDBF because it would have arrived by that Time, I am not sure about the EW suite though, it could be Mayavi or DRDO/DARE unified suite)
What weapons package? Astra Mk2/3 is for air, what about anti-ship domestic options?
For Antishipping role, We could Arm TEDBF with Brahmos Supersonic antiship cruise missile, more preferably I am taking about the Brahmos NG Variant.
How many firm orders?
Navy says that they want to buy around 50 Aircrafts,maybe they might increase the Order to 60+(a possibility to be honest)
Even the Navy is scratching their heads right now. Do not expect the first TEDBF in Navy's paintjob before 2037-38 (unless we do a China).

The MiGs would be splashing into the sea by then.
Maybe. I agree with you on this part though

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles