Indian Navy Developments & Discussions

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
If only army showed such passion for indigenous artillery, small arms, Tanks, Helis etc.......
Yeah right! Than it would be Such a Great thing! There is corruption in The Army also which Hinders Procurement of Indigenous Weopons.
I wish they were like Indian Navy but Sadly They are not.
Out of the 3 Armed Services, Army is the Least Indigenised.
Everytime Army Makes Some Excuse or the Other.
In terms of overall Indigenisation, The 1st is The Indian Navy, 2nd is Indian Airforce and 3rd and Lastly is The Indian Army.

Javelin_Sam

Country flag

Is he credible?
Yes. Dassault officials also said the same if i remember correctly. IN is hunting for jets to operate from Vikrant-2. The info regarding MiG 29K is not encouraging. Good jet but not from a fighter deck. The hard landings are taking a toll on the airframe and the uptime available on AC(currently Vikky) is severely low. Navy wont be able to even completely utilize the brand new Vikrant 2 with Mig29Ks. Better it is moved to operations from a land bases in Goa or Andaman if the acquisition of F-18SH or Rafale M takes place. It was reported that Dassault has offered a solution to IN to fit Rafale on Vikrant 2's lift.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Largest drydock my ass...we have the 2nd largest dry dock in the world lying empty in gujrat ...these thing wont be even half its size
Why is it empty? Hasn't there been any bids by Adanis and Reliance and L&T to bid and take over the area? I thought dry docks were hot cakes when it came to shipbuilding.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Hey guys,Indian Navy is going to replace Zhuk-ME radar onboard carrier based MiG-29K/KUB fighters with indigeneous Uttam AESA radars.
Has 2x the performance of Zhuk-ME and far better MTBF.
But would it have any effect, considering that the MiG-29Ks themselves have availability of just 60% (some reports say 45%)?

This is great news for creating economies of scale, but going by the Hangar Queen approach of the K series, I think that the Navy will junk the entire fleet in the next 5 years.

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
But would it have any effect, considering that the MiG-29Ks themselves have availability of just 60% (some reports say 45%)?

This is great news for creating economies of scale, but going by the Hangar Queen approach of the K series, I think that the Navy will junk the entire fleet in the next 5 years.
YEAH

Pash

Country flag

flanker99

Country flag
Why is it empty? Hasn't there been any bids by Adanis and Reliance and L&T to bid and take over the area? I thought dry docks were hot cakes when it came to shipbuilding.
That moron anil Ambani is good at messing things up.
As for the rest of the story see this. Remember that the buyer tho unknown is very close to modi lets see what he does with the yard.

Akula

Country flag

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles