Indian Navy Developments & Discussions

SavageKing456

Country flag
Yes. Indian navy is getting new alien technology every year so that's why they can't build ships in bulk like those of ameture US Navy and PLAN. We need upgraded/new class of ships every year cuz today's P15B is useless tomorrow. We need new ship, let's name it P18 and let's spend extra few billions in R&D
So you think that IN destroyers are useless just because of VLS

Gessler

Country flag
I don't know man, seeing these much of free/non used space is really making me angry. I hope they integrate atleast 32 VLS for VLSRSAM(VL-Astra). We can't even call them air defence destroyer as they don't even have enough of short range SAMs
Not only the raised platform in the front (which has BrahMos & Barak VLS) and the platform at the rear, but the platform in the front where the RBU-6000s are mounted can also be used for at least 6 x 8-cell Barak-sized modules (48 additional cells).

p15b.JPG

The RBUs are fed from a magazine underneath so we know there is considerable below-deck space there as well.

1_OZ3xH4PeMrxCdv5Fg-pumA.png

I frankly don't understand why IN continues to stick with these outdated systems even on P-15B & even P-17A (which can be argued are technologically superior to any Russian surface combatant). When I ask people why don't we move ahead from this, even most knowledgeable people on forum & twitter immediately get inferiority complex and just say IN knows what its doing.

And then come with statements like 'Underwater CIWS'...well, while that's a sound concept, we must realize we are not in 60s or 70s. There are much much better ways of countering incoming torpedoes than with these ancient systems. Look up stuff like SLQ-25 Nixie, Torbuster etc or even our own Kavach, Marreech etc etc

There are much newer hardkill & softkill options available...and which don't take up a ton of space or destroy signature management like RBU-6000 does.

Even the Russians who f@ucking invented the RBU have stopped using it on their newest combatants like Gorshkov-class frigate:

It should tell us something when even the cash-starved Russian surface fleet (subs get all the money) admit that the Soviet RBU doctrine is outdated and move on to newer & better stuff.

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
Don't understand why Forces still insist on their own HQs.

NDA common hosakti hai...lekin HQ nahi hosakti?

Cough...Pentagon...cough

I have this wet dream that just like the iconic Pentagon of America, India will have "The Trident". Within a building shaped liked a Trident (when seen from above, like Pentagon looks like pentagon when we look from above, otherwise a normal looking building). Each prong of the trident will be the HQ of one of the three services and the long rod part of the trident will house HQ IDS, DSA, DCA, AFSOD (all upgraded to Commands rather than Agencies) and maybe even some R&AW detachment to liaise with AFSOD for intel-led Black Ops.

iNorthernerOn9

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars

1 . Better stability.

2 . Better intergated warfare suits.

3 . Better situational awareness.

4 . Improved gun and weapons systems.

5 . More composite structure.

6 . And improved radar cross sections.
2 of the most important advancements over Kolkata class are missing:
1. 127mm gun instead of 76mm "pichkari"
2. Indra LANZA 3d radar in place of 80s Era lw-08 👏

Still looks like a 90s Era *********🤬

Huge Disappointment 👎

Last edited:

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Don't understand why Forces still insist on their own HQs.

NDA common hosakti hai...lekin HQ nahi hosakti?

Cough...Pentagon...cough

I have this wet dream that just like the iconic Pentagon of America, India will have "The Trident". Within a building shaped liked a Trident (when seen from above, like Pentagon looks like pentagon when we look from above, otherwise a normal looking building). Each prong of the trident will be the HQ of one of the three services and the long rod part of the trident will house HQ IDS, DSA, DCA, AFSOD (all upgraded to Commands rather than Agencies) and maybe even some R&AW detachment to liaise with AFSOD for intel-led Black Ops.
Ya'll Nibbiars Defence HQ.

E_ZvuFgVQAIc-EC.jpeg
E_ZvuFaVcAAtMSw.jpeg
E_ZvuFlVIAwHBSU.jpeg
E_ZvuFoVcAALfED.jpeg

Last edited:

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
I frankly don't understand why IN continues to stick with these outdated systems even on P-15B & even P-17A (which can be argued are technologically superior to any Russian surface combatant). When I ask people why don't we move ahead from this, even most knowledgeable people on forum & twitter immediately get inferiority complex and just say IN knows what its doing.
Make that's because, you're not right & rest of the whole world has not got it wrong?
Have you considered the possibility of they not being as outdated as you would like them to be (...IN really likes new toys, yet they insisted on upgrading this one for longer range & tracking-seeker instead of replacing them). Could it be that the others don't get inferiority-complex, but think that might have be IN's reason for it?

While people are not using it anymore, is not much of a reason.

Last edited:

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars A major feat on India's National Waterway 1! A 250-ton Goliath Gantry Crane, manufactured by M/s Sangsangin Marine of South Korea, was shipped from Sagar to Kolkata for GRSE. The crane will help augment naval ship production for the country.

FC-0SwXWYAQOP0F.jpeg
FC-0T-cXIAUf5I3.jpeg
FC-0ZUpWEAEITZ8.jpeg
FC-0a9PWUAUnYk4.jpeg

AR.

swapcv

Country flag
Not only the raised platform in the front (which has BrahMos & Barak VLS) and the platform at the rear, but the platform in the front where the RBU-6000s are mounted can also be used for at least 6 x 8-cell Barak-sized modules (48 additional cells).

View attachment 116756

The RBUs are fed from a magazine underneath so we know there is considerable below-deck space there as well.

View attachment 116755

And then come with statements like 'Underwater CIWS'...well, while that's a sound concept, we must realize we are not in 60s or 70s. There are much much better ways of countering incoming torpedoes than with these ancient systems. Look up stuff like SLQ-25 Nixie, Torbuster etc or even our own Kavach, Marreech etc etc

There are much newer hardkill & softkill options available...and which don't take up a ton of space or destroy signature management like RBU-6000 does.

Even the Russians who f@ucking invented the RBU have stopped using it on their newest combatants like Gorshkov-class frigate:

It should tell us something when even the cash-starved Russian surface fleet (subs get all the money) admit that the Soviet RBU doctrine is outdated and move on to newer & better stuff.

Lol if they atleast have the gumption to remove that outdated piece of sh*t atleast then we can even install dedicated VLS for even the SMART which can replace the RBU's function. Also, we'll be stumping the Chinese whose Type 52D's are limited to only 64 VLS

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
Lol if they atleast have the gumption to remove that outdated piece of sh*t atleast then we can even install dedicated VLS for even the SMART which can replace the RBU's function. Also, we'll be stumping the Chinese whose Type 52D's are limited to only 64 VLS
RBU and SMART don't have the same function. Not even close.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles