Indian Naval Aviation

Illusive

Country flag
Indian Navy’s Mig-29k Trainer Jet Crashes In Goa; Two Pilots Eject Safely

A Mig-29K fighter jet belonging to the Indian Navy crashed in Goa on Saturday (15 November), soon after it took off for a training flight, reports the Times of India.

The fighter jet's right engine had caught fire while in the air after being hit by a bird, observing which, the two ace pilots successfully ejected out and landed on the surface. Both the pilots, Captain M Sheokand and Lt Commander Deepak Yadav are reported to be safe.

It should be noted that the crashed aircraft was a dual-seater trainer version of the fighter jet. Also, the aircraft crashed in an open area and no casualties of any kind have so far been reported.

The aircraft had taken off from naval air station INS Hansa situated at Dabolim in the State of Goa. It should be noted that the air naval station at Dabolim also has a civilian terminal which serves as an airport for civilian flights to operate from in the State.

vampyrbladez

Country flag
Looks like the MiG 29K crash woke up some babus from their slumber.

ADA to start work on N-AMCA program

Published November 17, 2019 | By admin SOURCE: RAUNAK KUNDE / NEWS BEAT / IDRW.ORG

In 2015, the Indian Navy (IN) Projected requirement for Naval variant of AMCA and in series of meetings and discussions were held between ADA officials at Naval Head Quarters adaption and development of IAF’s 5th Generation AMCA program to be adapted for the Navy. ADA was tasked to prepare a feasibility report and soon a report was presented to the Naval Head Quarters.

idrw.org can confirm that Naval Head Quarters has accepted the feasibility report on AMCA – Navy, and ADA, in turn, will start work on AMCA – Navy and baseline configuration for a carrier deck based fighter jet soon after it which it will approach Navy to issue Draft Preliminary Services Qualitative Requirements (PSQRs) so that PSQRs can be finalized.

PSQRs will have detail design and configuration along with the development approach of the AMCA – Navy which both Navy and ADA will agree to before Phase-I. Navy wants AMCA-Navy to be a parallel program and wants to start the development of prototypes as soon the final design has been frozen. The team which has worked on N-LCA Mk1 and Mk2 will again be in charge of the AMCA – Navy program and technologically aircraft will piggyback on the IAF’s AMCA fighter jet but will have necessary design changes to meet its full combat requirement.

Navy already has approached ADA to carry out a feasibility report on the development of Carrier-based GHATAK Unmanned Stealth Combat Aerial Vehicle which can work in tandem with the AMCA – Navy fighter jet for strike missions over contested air space. ADA will start on manufacturing the first two N-LCA Mk2 prototypes as soon as N-LCA Mk1 completes aircraft carrier trials in the next few months.

Navy which already has realized funds for development of the N-LCA Mk2 program is still not commital on the program with orders yet but N-LCA Mk2 since Indian Navy already has brought out a performance comparison of LCA(Navy) Mk2 with MiG-29K and if N-LCA Mk2 program is able to deliver on performance set and promised by ADA, then Navy is willing to procure N-LCA Mk2 .

https://idrw.org/ada-to-start-work-on-n-amca-program/ .

FGFAPilot1

Country flag
I think it would've been better to straight away got towards N-AMCA, while letting N-LCA MK2 fill in the gaps. Why are we wasting time with a 4rth gen aircraft?

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
I think it would've been better to straight away got towards N-AMCA, while letting N-LCA MK2 fill in the gaps. Why are we wasting time with a 4rth gen aircraft?
N-AMCA is not required for Navy, because they are used to extra hardpoints now. and anti ship missiles won't fit in internal bay anyways.. AMCA is stealthy only when external hard points are not used.

FGFAPilot1

Country flag
N-AMCA is not required for Navy, because they are used to extra hardpoints now. and anti ship missiles won't fit in internal bay anyways.. AMCA is stealthy only when external hard points are not used.
Because fifth gen fighter will be very costly to operate and requires huge maintaince and please add sea environment also
That does make sense, but I'm not sure if they're going to top the Mig-29K

Pete71

Question about Indian Navy Tu-142 pilots:

Hello friends, I am an aviation history enthusiast and I am doing an extended research about military advanced multi engine pilot trainers.

Now my question... Were the new young pilots for the Tu-142 selected from advanced multi engine training stream in the Air Force Dorniers?

Thank you very much in advance.
Sincerely,
Peter

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag
Question about Indian Navy Tu-142 pilots:

Hello friends, I am an aviation history enthusiast and I am doing an extended research about military advanced multi engine pilot trainers.

Now my question... Were the new young pilots for the Tu-142 selected from advanced multi engine training stream in the Air Force Dorniers?

Thank you very much in advance.
Sincerely,
Peter
Navy have dornier too as well as il-38.

Pete71

Navy have dornier too as well as il-38.
Thank you Sir.

I thought that future Navy Pilots were sent for ab-initio flying training to Air Force Academy and were streamed to fighter pilots, multi engine pilots or rotary wings pilots.

The question is from where of these three pipelines were the new Tu-142 pilots (copilots) selected.

Best regards.

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag
Thank you Sir.

I thought that future Navy Pilots were sent for ab-initio flying training to Air Force Academy and were streamed to fighter pilots, multi engine pilots or rotary wings pilots.

The question is from where of these three pipelines were the new Tu-142 pilots (copilots) selected.

Best regards.
Tu-142m was top of the line before p-8i, so induction to it must have been through il-38 and dornier too, as well as budy training (you know seniors instilling in you) also foreign cooperation with Russians too was included,that's my take for more there are many retiree of India navy ROAMING ON TWITTER you can post to them for more Information and also here was a navy guy with avatar name darshan he can be more helpful.
And also IAF never had THIS MONSTER, this monster was exclusive to only INDIA NAVY and il-38 is only aircraft related to it and that is also exclusively only in India navy.
Can't COMPREHEND how IAF guys would have been helpful?

Last edited:

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
Hey guys what is the status of TU22 with IN? Is it with us or just a rumour?
Nah Dude, it's not, I don't believe that we Operate This Aircraft at all.
The Russians/Soviets were initially pushing us to buy this plane but Indian Navy was not keen on it and Rejected it.
But There is always the Possibility that we Are Secretly Operating these Aircrafts like how The MIG 25 Foxbat was kept secret so you may never know buddy.
But it seems highly unlikely that we are Operating such an Aircraft from My personal Perspective to be Frank. So I guess it's just a Rumour and nothing else.
20211212_162053.jpg

Trololo

Country flag
MiG-29K getting readied to take-off from INS Vikramaditya. Location unknown.
This plane is confirmed to get the Uttam AESA radar, HAL Mission computer, Astra missile, Litening pod, Griffin LGB, and BEL SDR. I hope that it gets the radar planned for the MWF, along with its IRST (if developed on time for the upgrade), D-29 EW suite, Brahmos NG, and all other planned weapons and sensors from the MWF program.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles