Indian Naval Aviation

Crusader53

That considering if IN has plans for more LHDs besides ex USS Trenton. And to my awareness, there is nothing decided as yet. That said, even if there are some requirements or would be, it is not clear if IN would like to put fighters aboard. That because intended role of IN fighter fleet is still centered around fleet defense and during any offensive maneuver by LHA/LHDs, there will be one of three carrier around to support.
India will have only three Medium Sized Carriers and none will have large Airwings (75+) In addition only one or two would be likely available at any given time. So, I don't thing the LHD's can always count on Air Support.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
^^^ Fact is, we don't have big plans for LHDs as yet. Secondly, whenever any offensive landing operation will be undertaken by Navy, it will have cover of carrier based fighter whose primary role to date is fleet air defence and any such LHA/LHDs or LPDs will be part of that fleet or CBGs....... For our type of threat scenario a fleet of plus minus 20 fighter is enough.

Last edited:

Crusader53

^^^ Fact is, we don't have big plans for LHDs as yet. Secondly, whenever any offensive landing operation will be undertaken by Navy, it will have cover of carrier based fighter whose primary role to date is fleet air defence and any such LHA/LHDs or LPDs will be part of that fleet or CBGs....... For our type of threat scenario a fleet of plus minus 20 fighter is enough.

That is a very bold statement considering you don't know the threat or what forces India mite face. Respectfully, India's Carrier Force will only be 2-3 ships for the foreseeable future. Plus, the odds are only 1-2 Carriers would likely be available at any given time. So, to say India has enough Aircraft to Support any Amphibious Operation and to Protect the Fleet at the same time. Is well laughable.... IMO

Patriot

Country flag
That is a very bold statement considering you don't know the threat or what forces India mite face. Respectfully, India's Carrier Force will only be 2-3 ships for the foreseeable future. Plus, the odds are only 1-2 Carriers would likely be available at any given time. So, to say India has enough Aircraft to Support any Amphibious Operation and to Protect the Fleet at the same time. Is well laughable.... IMO
Laugh out loud on your white elephant F-35 & stop selling it like sore ass PIMP.

Bheeshma

F-35?? What a joke. USN will be hankering for a newer plane like F-18E/F in 4-5years.

average american

Last edited:

Crusader53

Is this how the members of this forum act? That is instead of debating the issue on merits and treating everybody with mutual respect. They just throw out one line insults to any counter view or opinion!

mikhail

Country flag
Well, anytime you want to discuss the issues with the LCA. I will be all ears.......
so you want to talk about LCA mate,then its better you go to the official LCA thread in the Indian Airforce section of this forum.this is the naval aviation thread and we want to keep it like that.

mikhail

Country flag
Is this how the members of this forum act? That is instead of debating the issue on merits and treating everybody with mutual respect. They just throw out one line insults to any counter view or opinion!
mate the members of this forum are very polite and rational most of the times but when someone like your countrymate Average American turns up here and start babbling B.S. then i guess we are forced to reply him in his own coin!but if you post rationally then i am cent percent sure that you'll get a rational reply as well.so its all upto you how you're gonna post your comment!i think you have already understood what's i'm trying to say!

Patriot

Country flag
When you have single line agenda on every possible thread to project F-35 & bashing everything except made in US then expect One liners only. You show respect & get respected.

Bheeshma

LoL they are begging us to buy F-35 since canada has decided to walk away from that garbage. Soon other countries will follow.

Problems With The F-35 - Business Insider

A detailed summary of the disaster that americans have managed to create.

The F-22 is even better. After killing the pilots they won't reopen investigation lest it be revealed as another white elephant.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/dead-...cated-stunning-crash-report/story?id=18490248

Poor guy had been on a ancient plane he probably would still be alive.

Last edited:

nishantgupta

Dear Sir,

Please check previous pages. I have been urging you to discuss and debate BASED ON MERITS (Value?) of the planes vis-a-vis Indian requirements. Please do so and you will get proper responses.

In your case, your only point of view has been that since a plane is American, India should buy it. In that case, these are the responses you can expect. Try similar stuff on an American forum and you will get an even more vocal response...that I am sure of.

As already mentioned, most of us on this forum are here to LEARN and EDUCATE ourselves. Help us do that and you will get our respect. Keep bickering about your contention that India should buy F-35 without any sound reasoning and this is what you get.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
Respectfully, If you consider overly stated fact that IN sees IOR (of northern hemisphere) as her primary area of operation, you would understand why a fleet of 3 carrier with 2 operation any given time with 20-25-30 fighters aboard is sufficient to support rest of CBGs including LHDs. Especially when you consider in what proximity these possible operation/conflict zones lies with land based fighter assets.

Keywords: Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Kutchh, MPAs, AWACS, SU-30 MKIs and Mid Air Refueling Tankers.

Last edited:

Crusader53

Dear Sir,

Please check previous pages. I have been urging you to discuss and debate BASED ON MERITS (Value?) of the planes vis-a-vis Indian requirements. Please do so and you will get proper responses.

In your case, your only point of view has been that since a plane is American, India should buy it. In that case, these are the responses you can expect. Try similar stuff on an American forum and you will get an even more vocal response...that I am sure of.

As already mentioned, most of us on this forum are here to LEARN and EDUCATE ourselves. Help us do that and you will get our respect. Keep bickering about your contention that India should buy F-35 without any sound reasoning and this is what you get.

Hardly, I have no problem debating any issue on its merits. Yet, if you want I will be happy to re-post many of the negative comments. Whenever I bring up anything that is remotely counter to the majority. (typical):frusty:

Further, I have stated many reasons why India or a number of countries should purchase the F-35. In India's case it will never procure the PAK-FA (FGFA) is vast numbers. In addition the AMCA is only in the beginning of development and is 20-25 years off. (maybe longer) I would add from the information available it looks more like the ACMA is a 5th Generation Fighter. Which, would be near the end of development for such types by time it enters service. Which, is exactly what is happening with the LCA today.

So, in my personal opinion India needs to get back on track. One it needs to provide a strong defense that will counter China and Pakistan within the next 10-15 years. Which, must included a large number of 5th Generation Fighters. As China is currently developing at least two. (J-20 & J-31) Then India needs to join with a Western Power (i.e. US and/or Europe) to develop not a 5th Generation AMCA but a 6th Generation "AMCA". This will give India time to join a 6th Generation Project on the ground floor. Which, didn't happen with the PAK-FA. (FGFA)

Respectfully, I have providing sound reasoning from the start. Yet, some just want to keep saying the sky is blue and everything is great. I am sorry but everything isn't great and India needs to step back and look at the threat and its available options.:confused:

Clearly, I understand my view is counter to many members here. Yet, I have said nothing to offend anyone. I am just expressing my personal opinion. Which, I am making the case for. Would any of the members here what to be attacked for expressing there opinions on an American Forum. Just because if deferred with theirs.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles