Indian MMRCA promos

dineshchaturvedi

Country flag
Thanks for posting these videos they are awesome, I liked the video of Gripen the most.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
In the Grippen's video, they've tried to put up a decent promo. The MiG 35 doesn't look very agile (at least not in that promotional video), Typhoon put up a good show, F-16 looks aged, Rafale looks impressive, and the F-18 in that clip, for some reason, doesn't look like it was made for the MRCA at all. It's that of the carrier-friendly F/A-18F (steam-catapult and landing hooks are extensively shown). I find Typhoon, and MiG-35 the strongest contenders. F-18 also has the strategic incentive of improving defense trade with the US, but that's just about it, with American offerings. Thanks for the compilation.

Quickgun Murugan

In the Grippen's video, they've tried to put up a decent promo. The MiG 35 doesn't look very agile (at least not in that promotional video), Typhoon put up a good show, F-16 looks aged, Rafale looks impressive, and the F-18 in that clip, for some reason, doesn't look like it was made for the MRCA at all. It's that of the carrier-friendly F/A-18F (steam-catapult and landing hooks are extensively shown). I find Typhoon, and MiG-35 the strongest contenders. F-18 also has the strategic incentive of improving defense trade with the US, but that's just about it, with American offerings. Thanks for the compilation.
Yep you are right. JAS Grippen has the best promo because it desperately wants to win this contest in order to keep their industry running. Grippen would have been a sure shot winner if not for its dependencies among other countries. But, still I love that fighter more than any others in that list. Low cost and low maintenance work horse is JAS Grippen.

F-18 had no promo videos for Indian MMRCA. The name itself is potent enough I guess. I personally want it to win, so that we are the only nation to fly both russian and american state of art beasts.

AJSINGH

mig 35 promo was not that good but thenagain russian believe in real performance and not advertisement

K Factor

A Concerned Indian
mig 35 promo was not that good but then again russian believe in real performance and not advertisement
Is anybody going to buy a plane based a promo - No. And according to you everybody else other than Russia in the MMRCA believes in promo and not performance, right?

And yet strangely, Russia is ready to sell its top of the line products like the Su-35BM and the most advanced AESA it has, while USA is not ready to even show the F-22 or APG-77 to anybody from close.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles