Indian missile systems development and general news & updates

Chinmoy

Country flag
Although this post should have been in Brahmos thread, but the amount of information it has on other system might have derailed the thread. So fearing that I am posting it as a new thread.

Mods if do wish, kindly merge it with any other relative thread.

Interestingly listen at 14:10 to 14:15. Dream, Tongue slip or Deliberate attempt, just decide yourself. A treasure trove for many jingos over here I believe :biggrin2:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
I think best part is when he says Programme AD2 is almost become operational.
PDV is the hint. Almost operational means all the infrastructure is under process.

I always said that PDV is upper part of AD1/2. We are aiming for 5000 kms range missile.

Chinmoy

Country flag
this is known for long time................... wait i will show you.

Brahmos M stands for Mini, it will be on all fighters with same rage.
Brahmos M is doing rounds for a long time. But what interested me is the mention of Su-57 instead of 35. And do mind the pause before saying that. It seems he had thought about it and then uttered it.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Brahmos M is doing rounds for a long time. But what interested me is the mention of Su-57 instead of 35. And do mind the pause before saying that. It seems he had thought about it and then uttered it.
They were part of planning team. They plan for everything.
I like the part, where he says with confidence that we decided that we will have this capability in the country for BMD.

Chinmoy

Country flag
What happened to the other ALCM program ? The one with side ramp intakes.
You might be talking about SFDR. Its a BVRAAM. The CM with terminal supersonic speed would have to wait untill NIRBHAY cross all the hurdles as of now.

Chinmoy

Country flag
No I was talking about the ASMP like one that came up a while ago.

This schematic diagram is actually of SFDR. Here is another for you.

DGZv4_E5_UIAA_QY3.jpg

The CM you are talking about is a two stage missile. First being the Turbofan engine and second RAMJET propulsion. Structurally its different from this schematic which is popularly known as Desi Meteor.

Vorschlaghammer

Country flag

View attachment 21975
The CM you are talking about is a two stage missile. First being the Turbofan engine and second RAMJET propulsion. Structurally its different from this schematic which is popularly known as Desi Meteor.
SFDR is a different story, the two stage ALCM would come after making Nirbhay production ready I guess.

Chinmoy

Country flag
SFDR is a different story, the two stage ALCM would come after making Nirbhay production ready I guess.
Yeah, that is what I said. We would atleast have to wait for multiple successful test launch of Nirbhay before listening anything on that front.

Vorschlaghammer

Country flag
What is our situation on ASBMs ? Agni lower marks have MaRV I've heard, but what type of guidance they use ? Is it like the radar imaging system in Pershing II ? Or something optical based ?

Our ABM program already needs IIR seeker for the PDV and RF seeker for the AAD. Perhaps they can be repurposed to make an ASBM version of Agni.

Vorschlaghammer

Country flag
Yeah, that is what I said. We would atleast have to wait for multiple successful test launch of Nirbhay before listening anything on that front.
What about Brahmos aerospace ? Are they just a production agency ? Or have research capability too ? Will tovarisch even allow that ?

What if they work on the two stage project while DRDO is busy with Nirbhay ?

Vorschlaghammer

Country flag

View attachment 21975
And just to clarify, ASMP and Meteor are two different systems, MBDA makes both. Both have boosted ramjet motors.

ASMP

Meteor

Rafale probably will come with both.

Chinmoy

Country flag
What about Brahmos aerospace ? Are they just a production agency ? Or have research capability too ? Will tovarisch even allow that ?

What if they work on the two stage project while DRDO is busy with Nirbhay ?
Brahmos aerospace is a JV. They could work on some aspect of the missile, but would not be free to do independent R&D regarding any other aspect related with parent product.

Chinmoy

Country flag
And just to clarify, ASMP and Meteor are two different systems, MBDA makes both. Both have boosted ramjet motors.

ASMP

Meteor

Rafale probably will come with both.
I was talking about the inlet design. The dual engine CM would not have the same inlet as that of ASMP.

Chinmoy

Country flag
What is our situation on ASBMs ? Agni lower marks have MaRV I've heard, but what type of guidance they use ? Is it like the radar imaging system in Pershing II ? Or something optical based ?

Our ABM program already needs IIR seeker for the PDV and RF seeker for the AAD. Perhaps they can be repurposed to make an ASBM version of Agni.
Agni does use a Radar Imaging System.

PDV do sport IIR seeker and the same has been tested in 2014.

Can't say whether we tested Dhanush against any Ship based target or not.

Vorschlaghammer

Country flag
Agni does use a Radar Imaging System.

PDV do sport IIR seeker and the same has been tested in 2014.

Can't say whether we tested Dhanush against any Ship based target or not.
PLA is militarizing the land grabs in SCS, time we stationed some serious A2/AD assets in Andaman.

Would have liked S-400 class SAMs combined with point air defence along with Brahmos and ASBM setups, with a squadron of Su-30 prepared for strike packages being stationed in the islands, but it's a bit too much for now.

Last edited:

knathan

Country flag
Sir, SLV a 17 tonne rocket+capacity of 45kg to low earth orbit. So already we have global strike capacity in 70s (but that time we have not matured mini TNW, but now???) But we nowadays has carbon carbon composite+miniatures nav+something!!!. Why we now fearing to impliment SLV Tech????

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles