Indian MBRLS Pinaka Thread

Adioz

शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति
Seems people are confused here. Let me clear the air.
Pinaka Mk. I = 40km range (in production)
Pinaka Mk. II = 65km range (in production)
Pinaka Mk. II GMBRL = 75km range (in trials) - will be named Pinaka Mk. III
Pinaka 2 - Proposed desi 300mm MBRL

The rocket propellant has been redesigned and can be fixed on to the same barrel, so one does not have to change barrels and can fire simultaneously. Mark-I can fire at 35 km, now this has been extended to 55 km.
...............................................................................................................................................................

NeXoft007

Country flag
...............................................................................................................................................................
Neh, the 55km being mentioned here is of Mk. II, the whole para says about difference between Mk. I and Mk. II, by extended he was talking of Mk. II. And anyways, Mk. I demonstrated 40km range and Mk. II demonstrated 65km range coverage.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
A nob question

How these MLRS are reloaded, how long it takes to ready the next salvo, and what kind of support vehicles are used for the same purpose.

Thanks in advance.

TheHurtLocker

Country flag
what kind of support vehicles are used for the same purpose.

Thanks in advance.

Support vehicles are:

Command Post Vehicle:

And:

Good Articles on the Pinaka System:
http://www.army-technology.com/projects/pinaka-multibarrel-rocket-launch-system-indian-army/
http://ajaishukla.blogspot.in/2017/01/new-lethal-pinaka-scores-bulls-eye-in.html
how long it takes to ready the next salvo,
A battery of six launchers can neutralize an area of roughly 1000 * 800 meters at 40 km range.
The launcher assembly has electromagnetic elevation and traverse, with traverse being 90º left and right of the centerline and elevation up to 55º
Rate of Fire for a complete salvo from a launcher is 44 seconds.
Salvo Reload time is 4 minutes.
http://tanknutdave.com/the-indian-pinaka-mlrs/
How these MLRS are reloaded
The Pinaka uses the loader cum replenishment vehicle with a hydraulic crane for quicker reloads.

122mm Chinese MBRL with manual reloads, like the Syrian extremists:
Smerch reload from 2:12

Last edited:

Khagesh

So every Launcher Vehicle gets to fire thrice in one outing.

6 LV firing once from the on-board rockets.
Once again from the associated 6 Launcher Cum Replenishment vehicle.
Once again from the associated 3 Replenishment Vehicle carrying twice the load that the LCR carries.

Mogambo khush hua :)

lcafanboy

Country flag
Pinaka Mark-III will replace Russian SMERCH Multi-Barrel Rocket Launcher (MBRL): A Report
Published October 9, 2017 SOURCE: RAUNAK KUNDE / NEWS BEAT / IDRW.ORG DRDO

Scientist Dr. S Guruprasad while speaking at DEFTECH2017 organized by Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) has listed development of Next Generation Pinaka Mark-III heavy Rocket Launcher as one of the futuristic projects initiated by DRDO. Mark-III variant will have a range of 120kms and can carry 250kg payload which is likely to make its debut by 2020. Next Generation Pinaka will be replacing Russian Supplied SMERCH Multi-Barrel Rocket Launcher (MBRL) which has a range of 90kms. India earlier this year equipped Pinaka Mark-II with a navigation, guidance and control kit and has been transformed to a Guided Pinaka. Mark-II successfully has Hit targets from 70-75kms successfully and will soon enter production. Mark-I which has a maximum range of 42kms already has been inducted into Indian Army and by 2026 Indian Army will have 22 Pinaka regiments. Indian Army has 62 SMERCH batteries in its inventory and needs for the development of Pinaka Mark-III was felt when Russia refused to give India local license production due to fears that Transfer of Technology will enable India to fast-track its own local heavy multiple rocket launcher programs. Chinese copies of BM-30 Smerch have already entered service with Chinese People’s Liberation Army and export variant of Chinese copies was also been supplied to Pakistan Army.

http://idrw.org/pinaka-mark-iii-will-replace-russian-smerch-multi-barrel-rocket-launcher-mbrl-a-report/#more-150093 .

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
http://m.indiatoday.in/story/pinaka...clear-war-indian-army-nda-govt/1/1055986.html

At present, we don't have these weapons in our arsenal but if asked by the government, we have the option of developing the Pinaka guided rockets for delivering nuclear warheads at small ranges,
That was just as an expression of intent, let me make it abundantly clear we are not looking at putting nuclear warheads on the PINAKA, doing so would put our entire nuclear safety paradigm at risk.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
We will know when there will be another test ...

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles