Indian Marine Corps

mupper

Country flag
Pls explain in detail mate, not everyone knows how things work!!
USMC riflemen are well trained light infantry at a base level, their induction/training is not much different or difficult than for example a British line infantry Regt, what they have is a high esprit de corps, but their skill set is heavily biased toward light infantry with some added on amphibious training.
If it's more high end Raiders/Commando style set up you want, I'd look more towards the Brits or the Dutch with their Marines.

Remember USMC recruit training is 13 weeks, Royal Marines, Dutch Marines is 33 weeks.

The USMC has more elite units inside it, Recon, Force Recon, ANGLICO, Marine Raiders, but the basic US Marine has a shorter recruit cycle than most regular armies.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Eh why are we going off topic, this is turning into basic Indian SF thread, dick measuring around who is better.
Marine core is more about logistics and equipment than anything.
Focus on the prurpose and objective of a particular military structure and not who's dick is bigger.

mupper

Country flag
Eh why are we going off topic, this is turning into basic Indian SF thread, dick measuring around who is better.
Marine core is more about logistics and equipment than anything.
Focus on the prurpose and objective of a particular military structure and not who's dick is bigger.
I don't think I said anyone was better, just different with different roles.

Lancer

Bana
Country flag
In the long run, those LHDs/LPDs should have their own complements of VSTOL jets (F-35's would obviously be the best, but a cheaper option would be to buy some newer model used Harriers from the US).

In general, they should be modeled along the USMC; and should specialize/train extensively in fighting ridge to ridge, jungle to jungle and island to island like US did against Japan in WW2 (in preparation for conflict with the Chinese). A secondary (but significant) area of focus should be preparation for landing on and securing maximum territory along the Pakistani coastline.

They will obviously have to exist and function at maximum synergy with the Navy, so this should be kept in mind during development/expansion.

Vishalreddy3

Country flag
In the long run, those LHDs/LPDs should have their own complements of VSTOL jets (F-35's would obviously be the best, but a cheaper option would be to buy some newer model used Harriers from the US).

In general, they should be modeled along the USMC; and should specialize/train extensively in fighting ridge to ridge, jungle to jungle and island to island like US did against Japan in WW2 (in preparation for conflict with the Chinese). A secondary (but significant) area of focus should be preparation for landing on and securing maximum territory along the Pakistani coastline.

They will obviously have to exist and function at maximum synergy with the Navy, so this should be kept in mind during development/expansion.
As I keep saying, India can use their Marine Corps in an expeditionary manner in Sir Creek area in Indo-paki border and Sundarban area in Indo-ban border!!!
The only reason why the pakis have dedicated Marine Corps is because of this reason!

Lancer

Bana
Country flag
As I keep saying, India can use their Marine Corps in an expeditionary manner in Sir Creek area in Indo-paki border and Sundarban area in Indo-ban border!!!
The only reason why the pakis have dedicated Marine Corps is because of this reason!
I guess you could, but that seems like overkill/misallocation of a (potentially) amazing resource to me. Simply put, if/when India has the money and develops the sort of Marine Corps I envision, it will have much bigger fish to fry.

Dessert Storm

Country flag

Don't u think Harriers are done now. A compliment of F35Bs, Valors, Romeos and LCH would do real good on MRSVs.

Vishalreddy3

Country flag
I guess you could, but that seems like overkill/misallocation of a (potentially) amazing resource to me. Simply put, if/when India has the money and develops the sort of Marine Corps I envision, it will have much bigger fish to fry.
Yes of course!! For that job we have BSF Marine unit already!!

Lancer

Bana
Country flag
Don't u think Harriers are done now. A compliment of F35Bs, Valors, Romeos and LCH would do real good on MRSVs.
I think the ones made by the US are technically in service w/ US and a couple other forces (Spain comes to mind). Obviously F-35 would be leagues ahead; but it'd also be eye-wateringly expensive. And other than those two, there's no other serious VSTOL fighter jet around right now.

Perhaps in a future scenario where India can afford a serious MC, price of F-35's wouldn't be such an issue.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
In February 2009 the 91 Infantry Brigade was re-raised by Indian Army in amphibious role comprising of 3 infantry battalions and a strength of 3,000 personnel. The soldiers have been drawn from the Sikh, Gorkha and Madras regiments. The amphibious brigade is modelled on the lines of the Indian Navy’s marine commandos and specializing in land and marine warfare.
if troops are drawn from sikh and Gorkhas for a marine brigade, it would mean they haven’t seen or experienced the sea until they joined. which also means as a kid they haven’t played or swam in the sea as a kid, which also means they haven’t had the near death experiences that coastal kids(adventurous types) usually do when they play in the sea.

I know many North Indians who haven’t seen a beach until they are adults, they also haven’t seen a coconut tree until they travel as adults.

so, a marine brigade should ideally pick their troops from coastal regions, they would know about rip tides, currents and waves even before joining the force. What ever the training over and above the foundation they already have.

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
if troops are drawn from sikh and Gorkhas for a marine brigade, it would mean they haven’t seen or experienced the sea until they joined. which also means as a kid they haven’t played or swam in the sea as a kid, which also means they haven’t had the near death experiences that coastal kids(adventurous types) usually do when they play in the sea.

I know many North Indians who haven’t seen a beach until they are adults, they also haven’t seen a coconut tree until they travel as adults.

so, a marine brigade should ideally pick their troops from coastal regions, they would know about rip tides, currents and waves even before joining the force. What ever the training over and above the foundation they already have.
Well madras regiment is also having a quite good experience in amphibious operations.

Vishalreddy3

Country flag
As I keep saying Marine Corps and any amphibious brigades can be used in the Sir Creek area and take all the Hindu Majority regions of Sindh.

rohit b3

Country flag
But regular US Marine Corps infantryman is better equipped and trained than a MARCOS commando.
Lol, this just made me laugh. Even their Navy Seals are not as trained as our MARCOS, let alone their Marine. Many years ago there was a video on youtube where one of their Marines could barely complete one of obstacle course which our Ghatak units do on a regular basis.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Lol, this just made me laugh. Even their Navy Seals are not as trained as our MARCOS, let alone their Marine. Many years ago there was a video on youtube where one of their Marines could barely complete one of obstacle course which our Ghatak units do on a regular basis.
“One of their Marines”

Killbot

Country flag
Bullshit. NSW guys are some of the best out there. MARCOS cannot begin to compare to SEALs on an individual level even. Just take a look at their drills and equipment and you'll know. As for USMC grunts, they are just infantry. Not commandos like Ghataks. You should compare them to a regular IA grunt. They'll stack up just about equally.

Also, running an obstacle course says absolutely nothing about your combat effectiveness, especially if you are just a grunt infantryman.

Vishalreddy3

Country flag
Bullshit. NSW guys are some of the best out there. MARCOS cannot begin to compare to SEALs on an individual level even. Just take a look at their drills and equipment and you'll know. As for USMC grunts, they are just infantry. Not commandos like Ghataks. You should compare them to a regular IA grunt. They'll stack up just about equally.

Also, running an obstacle course says absolutely nothing about your combat effectiveness, especially if you are just a grunt infantryman.
Absolute state of Mr.knowitalls!!!! No one in the world, would have the balls to go into a country, with an army barracks literally a km away from ur target and you barge into an unknown house, eliminate a target without collateral damage, and you comeback alive needs a special applause!!
Here we are, sending MaRcOs to do a job that a normal conscripted infantrymen could to the job, that to inside our own country!!

Global Defence

New threads

Articles