India's Moon Exploration Program

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
  1. Even that one mission this year isn't very likely if COVID continues there.
  2. SSLV is probably on hold now. If Skyroot Aerospace' Vikram I launcher is successful, it will kill SSLV launcher anyway.
  3. GISAT-I yet on hold.
Missions essentially being considered are; Oceansat-3, RISAT-1A & B, IDRSS-1 & 2, GSAT-20, unmanned Gaganyaan and Chandrayaan-3.
But SSLV is such an important launcher why kill it.

Karthi

Country flag
  1. Even that one mission this year isn't very likely if COVID continues there.
  2. SSLV is probably on hold now. If Skyroot Aerospace' Vikram I launcher is successful, it will kill SSLV launcher anyway.
  3. GISAT-I yet on hold.
Missions essentially being considered are; Oceansat-3, RISAT-1A & B, IDRSS-1 & 2, GSAT-20, unmanned Gaganyaan and Chandrayaan-3.
Don't worry bro , SSLV will hand over to Pvt firms both for building & launching, so that there will be a competition between Pvt players actually it will make our space tech much more competitive and upto date

Akula

Country flag
Not really. References are there along with data and you can check to verify them (I'm a wikieditor FYI). Still, open the Vikram series and compare relative assembly time.
Skyroot Aerospace will achieve 500kg payload capacity with their Vikram 3 rocket. Whereas, SSLV is already being made for 500kg payload carrying capacity.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Don't worry bro , SSLV will hand over to Pvt firms both for building & launching, so that there will be a competition between Pvt players actually it will make our space tech much more competitive and upto date
Vikram is way better than SSLV in terms of mobility and erection time.
Skyroot Aerospace will achieve 500kg payload capacity with their Vikram 3 rocket. Whereas, SSLV is already being made for 500kg payload carrying capacity.
Not a very great gap to cover once first launch is there.

I have even seen US cancelling NASA projects when they see their private cos bringing something better. Indeed if ISRO wasn't interested in Vikram rocket, they wouldn't have collaborated with Skyroot at first place.

Karthi

Country flag
Vikram is way better than SSLV in terms of mobility and erection time.

Not a very great gap to cover once first launch is there.

I have even seen US cancelling NASA projects when they see their private cos bringing something better. Indeed if ISRO wasn't interested in Vikram rocket, they wouldn't have collaborated with Skyroot at first place.
Erection time means ? Both can be readied by 24 hours . Tech and other specifications almost similar , then Why you think Vikram will be better Bro? Anyways both are Indian

Akula

Country flag
Assembly time for SSLV is 3 days.
But I think ISRO will not cancel SSLV program for private rockets. It will be mainly used for launching military payloads (second launch of SSLV will have military satellites) and generating revenues.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
But I think ISRO will not cancel SSLV program for private rockets. It will be mainly used for launching military payloads (second launch of SSLV will have military satellites) and generating revenues.
Point is, there is no provision which holds ISRO back from using private rockets. NASA has cancelled pretty much of its programs.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars "As for Chandrayaan-3, the launch may now take place somewhere in early 2021. Chandrayaan-3 will be a mission repeat of Chandrayaan-2 and will include a Lander & Rover similar to that of Chandrayaan-2, but will not have an orbiter", Jitendra Singh said.

Karthi

Country flag
IIRS focal plane assembly.jpg

Imaging Infrared Spectrometer Chandrayaan 2.

Typical nadir observation geometry of IIRS in the lunar orbit of 100 km altitude.jpg

Typical nadir observation geometry of IIRS in the lunar orbit of 100 km altitude.

Radiometric characterization set-up with IIRS payload inside the thermo-vacuum chamber..jpg

Radiometric characterization set-up with IIRS payload inside the thermo-vacuum chamber.
Radiometric characterization set-up with payload inside the thermo-vacuum chamber.jpg

Spectral characterization set-up with payload inside the thermo-vacuum chamber..jpg

Spectral characterization set-up with payload inside the thermo-vacuum chamber.

Mechanical system with passive radiator for cooling the electro-optical module. of iirs.jpg

Mechanical system with passive radiator for cooling the electro-optical module. of iirs.

Payload configuration and mechanical model IIRS.jpg

Payload configuration and mechanical model IIRS.

Payload electronics block diagram and units 2.jpg

Payload electronics of IIRS.

Payload electronics block diagram and units.jpg

Payload electronics block diagram and units.

Karthi

Country flag
Lunar Seismic Activity Studying instrument

Photograph of instrument for lunar seismic activity (ILSA) package.jpg

Photograph of ILSA

Schematic representation of silicon microstructure acting as the sensing element..jpg

Schematic rep of silicon microstructure as sensing element.

Overall architecture of the ILSA.jpg

architecture of ILSA

Photograph of 1″ × 4″ hybrid micro circuit with sensors and  front end electronics for ILSA.jpg

1″ × 4″ hybrid micro circuit with sensors and front end electronics for ILSA.

Photographs of coarse and fine range MEMS sensor elements (a) with SEM image showing the elect...jpg

coarse and fine range MEMS sensor elements for ILSA

Global Defence

New threads

Articles