Indian Kailash Satyarthi and Pak's Malala Yousafzay win Nobel peace

Srinivas_K

Country flag
Indian Kailash Satyarthi and Pak's Malala Yousafzay win Nobel peace prize 2014

LONDON: History was made on Friday when an Indian and a Pakistani jointly shared the Nobel Peace Prize for 2014.

India's Kailash Satyarthi and Pakistan's Malala Yousafzay were awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for "showing great personal courage" and their struggle against the suppression of children and young people and for the right of all children to education.

The committee said Kailash Satyarthi maintained Mahatma Gandhi's tradition and headed various forms of protests and demonstrations, all peaceful, focusing on the grave exploitation of children for financial gain. He has also contributed to the development of important international conventions on children's rights".

"Children must go to school and not be financially exploited. In the poor countries of the world, 60% of the present population is under 25 years of age. It is a prerequisite for peaceful global development that the rights of children and young people be respected. In conflict-ridden areas in particular, the violation of children leads to the continuation of violence from generation to generation," the committee said.

Talking about Malala, it said "Despite her youth, Malala has already fought for several years for the right of girls to education, and has shown by example that children and young people, too, can contribute to improving their own situations. This she has done under the most dangerous circumstances. Through her heroic struggle she has become a leading spokesperson for girls' right to education".

The struggle against suppression and for the rights of children and adolescents contributes to the realization of the "fraternity between nations" that Alfred Nobel mentions in his will as one of the criteria for the Nobel Peace Prize.

The Nobel Institute in Oslo saw a record 278 candidates for the Nobel peace prize for 2014. Around 47 of these were organizations. The committee had said that 278 is the highest number of candidates ever. The previous record was 259 from 2013. The Nobel peace prize has been awarded to 124 laureates — to 100 individuals and 24 organizations till now.

Since the International Committee of the Red Cross was awarded three times and Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees was awarded twice there are 100 individuals and 21 organizations that have been awarded the Nobel peace prize.

The Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) — an international organization working since 1997 to convince countries to give up chemical weapons besides checking and confirming the destruction of existing chemical weapons had won the Nobel Peace Prize in 2013.

OPCW had been tirelessly monitoring activities in the chemical industry to reduce the risk of commercial chemicals being misused for weapons purposes, providing assistance and protection to member countries if they are attacked or threatened with attack by chemical weapons, including by terrorists and promoting international cooperation for the peaceful uses of chemistry.

OPCW is presently overseeing the destruction's of Syria's arsenal and aim to help destroy Syria's chemical weapons production facilities and weapons-filling equipment.

Indian Kailash Satyarthi and Pak's Malala Yousafzay win Nobel peace prize 2014 - The Times of India

Congrats to both !!

Country flag
Re: Indian Kailash Satyarthi and Pak's Malala Yousafzay win Nobel peac

Congratulations to both!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!well deserved.

Illusive

Country flag

Congrats to them.

Blackwater

Congratulations to both!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!well deserved.
Congrats to them.
malala dont deserve, she is artificial personality made by media. she is not doing anything on ground since landed in UK. she only enjoys free food,free house,free pocket money,free education in UK

she has to be on ground in pakistan,somalia,afrika to earn this award

thethinker

Country flag

Malala winning Nobel prize for Pakistan is similar to Slumdog Millionaire winning film awards for India.

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag

[tweet]520543190399455232[/tweet]
[tweet]520542268889907201[/tweet]

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag

[tweet]520540838766841856[/tweet]

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag

[tweet]520505389377286144[/tweet]

Illusive

Country flag

malala dont deserve, she is artificial personality made by media. she is not doing anything on ground since landed in UK. she only enjoys free food,free house,free pocket money,free education in UK

I don't blame her. Would you go back to pakistan if given a chance, i mean would anyone want to go to hell, they already hate her there, its suicidal going back.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag

Exactly, compare Malala to Aung San Suu Kyi, who stayed in Burma in the thick of the Junta's regime, and pushed for reforms. Malala is a UK media creation because the rich in UK need someone or something cleanse their conscience off from time to time. And so they're seen doing Congress-styled misery-shouldering.

As for Kailash Satyarthi, I honestly never knew who the F he was before today.

It only goes to show that the Nobel Peace Prize has lost its worth. Something that's given to Obama (who slaughters innocents in Afpak on a daily basis); and not MK Gandhi, has no meaning. It has become an instrument of the global power elite to send political messages.

Last edited:

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag

I don't blame her. Would you go back to pakistan if given a chance, i mean would anyone want to go to hell, they already hate her there, its suicidal going back.
If you don't fight a problem in the thick of it (like Aung San Suu Kyi fought the Junta while staying within Burma), do you deserve a Nobel? All Malala did was go around reading speeches from pieces of paper, in air-conditioned banquet halls, and "wrote" books that shamed Taliban. Does Taliban even need shaming? Boo Fn hoo.

Last edited:

nimo_cn

Country flag

Nobel peace prize is just another ideology tool in the hands of western elites.

malala's unfortunate experience deserves sympathy, but that is all nothing more.

Sent from my HUAWEI P7-L07 using Tapatalk 2

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag

[tweet]520562657481330688[/tweet]

[tweet]520563336253956096[/tweet] :heh:

Illusive

Country flag

If you don't fight a problem in the thick of it (like Aung San Suu Kyi fought the Junta while staying within Burma), do you deserve a Nobel? All Malala did was go around reading speeches from pieces of paper, in air-conditioned banquet halls, and "wrote" books that shamed Taliban. Does Taliban even need shaming? Boo Fn hoo.
I never said she deserved it, i mean did Obama deserve it, its a joke,i agree she should do more, she should voice against the education system in pakistan and also against state sponsored terrorism but she is just a kid, if she goes back now she could be lynched. Crazy people live in pakistan, its not a sane country. Its not about her struggle its about all the women that suffer in pakistan and she is that face that people around the world now.

Free Karma

What happened to Snowden? I remember his name come up for the peace prize...

Blackwater

exactly if she enjoys hospitality of british then she should do something on girl education for pakis settled in UK.

they are worst affected, more oppressed by their narrow minded paki mirpureye families

she should not advocate girl education in pak

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag

I never said she deserved it, i mean did Obama deserve it, its a joke,i agree she should do more, she should voice against the education system in pakistan and also against state sponsored terrorism but she is just a kid, if she goes back now she could be lynched. Crazy people live in pakistan, its not a sane country. Its not about her struggle its about all the women that suffer in pakistan and she is that face that people around the world now.
Nobel are usually given to people who have made a difference. did Malala make one? Are girls in afpak any safer or any freer today? Nope. Did lakhs of children get freed from child labour in India? Yes they did. What did Malala achieve exactly? Spread awareness about gender inequality in afpak? Didn't the world already know that?

My dog could go to banquet halls and read from a piece of paper.

mehrotraprince

Country flag

Never heard about Kailash Satyarthi before this news, but after doing a little research I am sure he deserves it, he did ground work all through his life and his good work has been recognized all over the world many times.

But coming to Malala Yousafzay, yes heard about her a lot, in news be it print or electronic media, but important question is..........She deserve it????? No
I have great respect for her bravery, but Nobel peace price for taking a bullet!!!, no ground work, just few speeches that too parroting speeches written by someone else..... but if Obama can get then I am sure one day Osama too will get, may be if middle east or Islamic state start their own awards in parallel to Western world's Nobel awards.

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag

[tweet]520618050098581504[/tweet] :lol:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles