Indian Independence Movement Quiz

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Shy, ask something related to Indian independence movement, freedom fighters, leaders etc

ShyAngel

Founding Member
The center of the country is more likely Madhya Pradesh not Delhi. So not your turn! :(
hehehehehe

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Guys serious and tough questions please. Lets make this a good learning experience for all of us here.

ShyAngel

Founding Member
hehehehe you guys! This happened right after the independence. Right after when he got elected as 1st PM. So come on answer it yaaar. Ofcourse its totally so independence related question. Oh gee figure it out na......

ShyAngel

Founding Member
Ok gosh just writing down the names are easy. This is a tough one and you guys are all refusing to answer it....hehehhee

ShyAngel

Founding Member
Ok fine then how about this one.

Where did British left when they left India after its independence? he he he

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I would strongly recommend questions relating to attaining independence. it can be even from the first war of independence 1857 to 1947. I guess that makes it clear. Questions relating to important events, identification of freedom fighters, identification of a freedom fighter behind an incident or event etc.

ShyAngel

Founding Member
Who was the greatest patriotic warrior of Indian independence?

:)

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
That is a very subjective question. Who decides that now?

NSG_Blackcats

Member of The Month OCTOBER 2009
It seems that ShyAngel don't want others to ask questions...:).

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
what was the date when Mahatma Gandhi started Dandi March

NSG_Blackcats

Ok..Nobody is asking. So Let me do it.
In which year Mahatma Gandhi returned from South Africa to India?

NSG_Blackcats

DD, It was 1914. Ok,I will give it to you. Now it is DD's turn.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Hit&run, you cannot keep asking the questions. Please read the rules.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Now its my turn to ask a question. The member who answers this question correctly alone can pose next question.

This guy's name is Udham Singh. He was hanged by the british.Nehru said this about him - "I salute Shaheed-i-Azam Udham Singh with reverence who had kissed the noose so that we may be free.". Can anybody tell the context of this question.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Statement was given by Jawaharlal Nehru in 1962. He had first condemned Udham Singhs actions during the independence struggle.
Udham Singh (Punjabi: ਉਧਮ ਸਿੰਘ, Hindi: उधम सिंह्; December 26, 1899 – July 31, 1940), born Sher Singh Jammu, (Kamboj) [1], [2] was an Indian independence activist, best known for assassinating Michael O'Dwyer in March 1940 in what has been described as an avenging of the Jallianwalla Bagh Massacre.[3]
Singh was also known as Ram Mohammed Singh Azad, symbolizing the unification of the three major religions of India: Hinduism, Islam and Sikhism. Singh is considered one of the best-known of the more extremist revolutionaries of the Indian freedom struggle; he is also sometimes referred to as Shaheed-i-Azam Sardar Udham Singh (the expression "Shaheed-i-Azam," Urdu: شهید اعظم, means "the great martyr"). Bhagat Singh and Udham Singh along with Chandrasekhar Azad, Rajguru and Sukhdev, were the more famous names out of scores of young firebrand "freedom fighters" in the early part of 20th-century India. These young men believed their motherland would win her freedom only through the forceful removal of the British rulers. For their strong belief in the use of violent means to achieve India's freedom, a nervous England labelled these men as "India's earliest Marxists/Bolsheviks".[4]
In 1940, almost 21 years after the Amritsar Massacre of 1919 in Punjab province of India, Singh shot dead Michael O'Dwyer at Caxton Hall in London. O'Dwyer had been Governor of the Punjab in 1919, when General Reginald Edward Harry Dyer ordered British troops to fire on unarmed Indian protesters, mostly Sikhs.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles