Indian Human Spaceflight Program (HSP)

Vamsi

Country flag
@Indx TechStyle @Swesh 1st unmanned mission Gaganyaan G1 is now planned for Mid-2024 launch, so manned will be in 2026

What is the status of the Gaganyaan project?
It is almost ready. The Gaganyaan mission will be a major milestone in India’s space mission in 2024. The unmanned Gaganyaan project is set for a mid-2024 launch. Science in India has turned yesterday’s fairy tales into today’s reality.

Vamsi

Country flag
@Indx TechStyle @Swesh 1st unmanned mission Gaganyaan G1 is now planned for Mid-2024 launch, so manned will be in 2026
earlier there were rumors that there will be 3 unmanned flights before the manned one, if those rumors are true ,then manned mission will only be possible in 2027 at the earliest

Vamsi

Country flag
I told people many times here that project hsf here suffers from lack of resources and fund but people don't believe me i guess
Nah, these kinds of delays are common in human spaceflight, the main reasons for delays in Gaganyaan is the development of Environmental Control & Life Support System, earlier they thought to use Russian system, but whatever the reason is, they resorted to Indigenous option, hence the delays...

FYI Chinese approved Shenzhou project in 1992, but the first flight Shenzhou-1 happened only in 1999, 7 years after the approval & manned flight Shenzhou-5 happened in 2003, 11 years after approval, if G1 happens in Mid-2024, & if H1 happens in 2027, then it is pretty quick I would say

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
So they likely have scheduled GSAT-20 launch after Chandrayan-3.
I told people many times here that project hsf here suffers from lack of resources and fund but people don't believe me i guess
It rather suffers lack of experience. It is obvious that ISRO is cautious and anxious about sending a man in orbit.
Better focus on CY3 and aditya
Both are scheduled in 2023 and have specified launchers.

mokoman

Country flag
Nah, these kinds of delays are common in human spaceflight, the main reasons for delays in Gaganyaan is the development of Environmental Control & Life Support System, earlier they thought to use Russian system, but whatever the reason is, they resorted to Indigenous option, hence the delays...

FYI Chinese approved Shenzhou project in 1992, but the first flight Shenzhou-1 happened only in 1999, 7 years after the approval & manned flight Shenzhou-5 happened in 2003, 11 years after approval, if G1 happens in Mid-2024, & if H1 happens in 2027, then it is pretty quick I would say
honestly it will be impressive if we do manned flight with no outside help in 3 or even 5 years. i think it will get pushed back more .

according to web chinese-shenzhou is a larger better version of the russian soyuz wihch the russians perfected over decades + they probably got Russian help . 3 module vs 2 of gaganyaan. 1 extra orbit module on top that keeps orbiting after crew leaves.

sucks that there is little Russia - India cooperation in space . jointly building space craft and station would have been great.

Vamsi

Country flag
honestly it will be impressive if we do manned flight with no outside help in 3 or even 5 years. i think it will get pushed back more .
I'm confident that it will happen before 2028

according to web chinese-shenzhou is a larger better version of the russian soyuz wihch the russians perfected over decades + they probably got Russian help . 3 module vs 2 of gaganyaan. 1 extra orbit module on top that keeps orbiting after crew leaves.

sucks that there is little Russia - India cooperation in space . jointly building space craft and station would have been great.

Soyuz & Shenzhou uses the 3rd module because, the habitable volume in their crew module is very less, but for our Gaganyaan's crew module, habitable volume is very high, hence no need for 3rd module....even Chinese next gen spacecraft doesn't have 3rd module

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag

I'm confident that it will happen before 2028

Soyuz & Shenzhou uses the 3rd module because, the habitable volume in their crew module is very less, but for our Gaganyaan's crew module, habitable volume is very high, hence no need for 3rd module....even Chinese next gen spacecraft doesn't have 3rd module
Even our Gaganyaan is a derivative of Soyuz.

Vamsi

Country flag
Even our Gaganyaan is a derivative of Soyuz.
No, it's not , Gaganyaan is fully our design, Gaganyaan is the only manned spacecraft in the world with Hexagonal service Module....as far as crew module is concerned, almost every crew module is similar in shape.

Earlier ISRO planned to use Russian ECLSS, now developing indigenous one

Even the interiors of Gaganyaan are completely different than that of Soyuz
1668582664382.png

Now, try to compare with this analogy, Just because AMCA & J-31 looks similar, that doesn't mean AMCA is copy of J-31, similarly u cannot call Gaganyaan as derivative of Soyuz, no where Gaganyaan looks similar to Soyuz

Last edited:

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
There is ambiguity regarding GSAT-20, there is no clarity whether it is I-3K sat or I-6K sat, if it is I-6K sat,then it should be launched onboard LVM3-SC, if not Ariane-5
Once ISRO was compromised by the CIA by bribing the IB to act against Nambiar, Russians stopped sharing technology. The Antrix debacle was another reason. But it was mainly the Nambiar and other scientists being targeted by western intelligence agencies that caused Russians to stop.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Once ISRO was compromised by the CIA by bribing the IB to act against Nambiar, Russians stopped sharing technology. The Antrix debacle was another reason. But it was mainly the Nambiar and other scientists being targeted by western intelligence agencies that caused Russians to stop.
Nevertheless, Russian tech (KVD-1) hasn't been proved very good for India.

Akula

Country flag

Chinese are building a new crew module to replace Shenzhou.

mokoman

Country flag
No, it's not , Gaganyaan is fully our design, Gaganyaan is the only manned spacecraft in the world with Hexagonal service Module....as far as crew module is concerned, almost every crew module is similar in shape.

Earlier ISRO planned to use Russian ECLSS, now developing indigenous one

Even the interiors of Gaganyaan are completely different than that of Soyuz
View attachment 182205

Now, try to compare with this analogy, Just because AMCA & J-31 looks similar, that doesn't mean AMCA is copy of J-31, similarly u cannot call Gaganyaan as derivative of Soyuz, no where Gaganyaan looks similar to Soyuz
isnt the service module round ?

TopWatcher

Country flag
If ISRO increase container size of CE in gslv mk 3 then will able to take payload directly to moon?

Global Defence

New threads

Articles