Indian EMB-145 AEW&C

janme

Country flag

The Netra served as the “operational brain” that guided the 12 Mirage 2000 strike aircraft of the IAF as they flew into enemy territory and destroyed a major terrorist camp. IAF is expected to place order for more.
It's an old/unconfirmed news, they are going for A330's now.

IndianHawk

Country flag
It's an old/unconfirmed news, they are going for A330's now.
It's ok whatever plane they go with so as long it's Indian awacs over it.

But I am confused . Are more orders for netra type awe&c system or full flagged awacs like phalcon??

Aniruddha Mulay

Country flag
Jack of all trades, master of none: PAF gets 4th AWACS, IAF none since Balakot Published June 13, 2020 | By admin SOURCE: ANAND SG / FOR MY TAKE / IDRW.ORG

Pakistan Air Force (PAF) last month took delivery of one more Saab 2000 Erieye AEW&C aircraft, which is fourth Saab 2000 Erieye AEW&C aircraft which PAF has inducted Since 2019 Balakot airstrike was conducted by Indian Air Force (IAF), arch-rival PAF now has a fleet of Seven Saab 2000 Erieye AEW&C aircraft and four Shaanxi ZDK-03 Karakoram Eagle Airborne Early Warning and Control System which takes total to 11 Airborne Eye in the Sky of the rival airforce while IAF fleet still stands at 5. IAF operates 2 DRDO developed Embraer mounted Netra AEW&C and three Phalcon AWACS mounted on IL-76 aircraft. IAF has plans to induct 2 Phalcon AWACS mounted on IL-76 aircraft and in the next 10 years has plans to induct Six Airbus A330 AWACS based on DRDO’s Netra technology on rotodome 360-degree coverage and Five C295 Netra AEW&C with its side-looking 240-degree coverage beam radar. IAF Think Tank have recommended mix-fleet of 20 AWACS and AEW&C platforms for the Two front war and to have larger fleet availability even at peace times for Surveillance flights but the slow pace of procurement is hampering fleet expansion and there seems to be no urgency at fast-tracking of platforms for both Netra and AWACs India programs.

Disclaimer : Articles published under ” MY TAKE ” are articles written by Guest Writers and Opinions expressed within this article are the personal opinions of the author. IDRW.ORG is not responsible for the accuracy, completeness, suitability, or validity of any information on this article. All information is provided on an as-is basis. The information, facts or opinions appearing in the article do not reflect the views of IDRW.ORG and IDRW.ORG does not assume any responsibility or liability for the same. article is for information purposes only and not intended to constitute professional advice . Article by ANAND SG , cannot be republished Partially or Full without consent from Writer or idrw.org Note: If you have personal opinion and want to contribute for” MY TAKE ”on Defence matters kindly email us at [email protected]

idrw.org .Read more at India No 1 Defence News Website http://idrw.org/jack-of-all-trades-...h-awacs-iaf-none-since-balakot/#disqus_thread .

WolfPack86

Country flag
IAF planning to procure more ERJ-145 based Netra AEW&CS

Air Chief Marshal RKS Bhadauria in a recent webinar confirmed that the Indian Air Force (IAF) is looking to procure more Netra Airborne Early Warning and Control System developed by DRDO to beef up its Indigenous AWACS fleet capabilities which are grossly inadequate to fight a two-front war with Pakistan and China. DRDO had proposed to develop an Airbus C295 based Netra 2.0 AEW&CS once a deal for the same is inked with Airbus-Tata but as informed to idrw.org, IAF is keen to procure 5 more Netra AEW&CS based on Embraer ERJ145 regional jet instead. Brazilian aircraft manufacturer Embraer has been accused of paying a bribe to middlemen in a previous deal for three ERJ145 due to which the Indian Government wanted to Blacklist the firm but it wasn’t done so to avoid crippling or grounding of the entire fleet. Embraer is still supplying spares and support to the three ERJ145 based Netra AEW&CS procured by India and Two are flying with IAF and one is still retained by DRDO as Test Bed. Indian Government is also in talks to procure the commercial wing of the Brazilian aircraft manufacturer Embraer which includes the ERJ 135/140/145 regional jet family, talks with Embraer could be one of the possible reasons why IAF is keen on procuring more ERJ145 based Netra AEW&CS other than going for Airbus C295 based Netra 2.0 AEW&CS which might take time for testing and recertification on a new aircraft type. Embraer’s ERJ 145XR (Extra Long Range) introduced in 2020 with a 2,000 nm range is a significant increase over other commercial ERJ 145 versions could be one of the reasons why IAF is keen on more jets from the same family said Defence Analysts Ranesh Rajan to idrw.org. Airbus C295 based Netra 2.0 AEW&CS might happen in the future since the combined requirement is still nearly 15 units but the focus now is to get Six Airbus A330 based AWACS by 2030 and add 2 more IL-76 Phalcon AWACS by 2025-26 said Defence Analysts Ranesh Rajan to idrw.org. DRDO is been working on upgraded Netra AEW&CS with improved range, detection, and hardened anti-jamming mechanism based on the feedback received from the IAF. The second lot of Netra AEW&CS will carry a much more advanced AESA Radar and if Embraer’s ERJ 145XR is selected then will come with reduced specific fuel consumption, improved hot and high operation capabilities, and higher fuel carrying capabilities for more inflight time.

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
I don't know why Indian Airforce had bought Only 3 Netra AWACS, we should have bought atleast around 5-6 of such AWACS. Indian Airforce is lacking in AWACS a lot.
20211228_092347.jpg

Even Pakistan Airforce has more AWACS Than india and that too ,their AWACS are superior to ours.
20211228_092323.jpg

I don't know if it is possible or not but we should remove brazillian Embraer From black list and Acquire around 2-3 more frames of EMB-145 and mount more Netra MK-1 AWACs on them and Induct them. We need to have more AWACS, or else how else are we going to counter china and Pakistan? It's obvious to me.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
How does NETRA compare with Wedgetail in acquisition and operational costs and capabilities?

images (9).jpeg

Chinmoy

Country flag
I don't know why Indian Airforce had bought Only 3 Netra AWACS, we should have bought atleast around 5-6 of such AWACS. Indian Airforce is lacking in AWACS a lot.

Even Pakistan Airforce has more AWACS Than india and that too ,their AWACS are superior to ours.
You yourself answered the question.

Super Flanker

Country flag
You yourself answered the question.
I don't really understand what you meant by that. Anyways I guess I answered myself even though what I had said above was not really a question but more of an assertion and Reasoning in that sense.

Hope you got what i am saying

Chinmoy

Country flag
I don't really understand what you meant by that. Anyways I guess I answered myself even though what I had said above was not really a question but more of an assertion and Reasoning in that sense.

Hope you got what i am saying
When you said that Netra is inferior to Erieye, you yourself answered the question of why IAF has not gone for any more similar platform.

Super Flanker

Country flag
When you said that Netra is inferior to Erieye, you yourself answered the question of why IAF has not gone for any more similar platform.
Oh ! Got it. I didn't understand at first what you were trying to say but now I got it. Thanks a lot

peache314

Country flag
L band is a fequecy range between 390MHz and 1.55GHz which is used for satellite communications and for terrestrial communications between satellite equipment and the S band ranges from 2 to 4 GHz

Global Defence

Articles