Indian Electronics and Semiconductor manufacturing industry

IndianHawk

Country flag
Only software. Hardware is no match
Majority of users don't need the extra computing power which apple processor bring over snapdragons. 855 and a12 are already in the league of i5 processor from Intel. That's too much computing power unless one is a professional user of computing.

AbRaj

Country flag
Majority of users don't need the extra computing power which apple processor bring over snapdragons. 855 and a12 are already in the league of i5 processor from Intel. That's too much computing power unless one is a professional user of computing.
I’m not talking about spec sheet only.
They use top quality components in iPhone which results in superior output performance overall

IndianHawk

Country flag
They use top quality components in iPhone which results in superior output performance overall
Yes they do but that raises the cost way to high and average user can't notice it against premium Android ones. For example iPhone xr still uses a 720p lcd display at 700$ price point while every Android offering above 400$ has Samsung super amoled with fullhd display. So which is better. Same goes for other things Android makes up its shortcomings with more ram more memory/ storage .

In the end Android ecosystem is far richer and growing much much faster than apple.

Snowcat

Country flag
Try using Sony bud. Best components out there. But yeah you won't find it in india now.

AbRaj

Country flag
Yes they do but that raises the cost way to high and average user can't notice it against premium Android ones. For example iPhone xr still uses a 720p lcd display at 700$ price point while every Android offering above 400$ has Samsung super amoled with fullhd display. So which is better. Same goes for other things Android makes up its shortcomings with more ram more memory/ storage .

In the end Android ecosystem is far richer and growing much much faster than apple.
It’s all gimmicks. A top notch LCD panel is way better than inferior quality Amoled/Oled
Similarly pasting dozens of camera modules won’t give you any significant improvement over one good cmos.

iPhone 6 on 1 GB Ram runs way more fluid than xiomi and Samsung on 6 and 8GB monstrosities

Apps are for folks who spend a lot of time of phones ie geeks.
iOS is for professionals

Last edited:

AbRaj

Country flag
Try using Sony bud. Best components out there. But yeah you won't find it in india now.
Sony is ok but it’s no match for iPhone +iOS combo.
Xperias are somewhat hit and miss. Good for few things and terrible for most others

sorcerer

Country flag
True, once you get addicted to iPhone quality, you’ll find it extremely difficult to compromise with Androids made by Chinese and Koreans.
Absolutely...iPhones are very logical machines.
I agree.
been with Droid..but since I started using the iPhone..the peace of mind is much much better.

AbRaj

Country flag
Absolutely...iPhones are very logical machines.
I agree.
been with Droid..but since I started using the iPhone..the peace of mind is much much better.
Exactly.
It is very limited in functionality like downloading and torrent etc.
But it does best what it is designed to

Prashant12

Country flag
Gurgaon-based VVDN bags 5G manufacturing deal from Sterlite Tech
Gurgaon-based engineering and manufacturing company VVDN has bagged a 5G manufacturing deal from Sterlite Technologies. Under the deal, VVDN will make 5G radio products including small cells and macro RU.

NEW DELHI: Gurgaon-based engineering and manufacturing company VVDN has bagged a 5G manufacturing deal from Sterlite Technologies. Under the deal, VVDN will make 5G radio products including small cells and macro RU.

Puneet Agarwal, Co-Founder, and President Wireless Group, VVDN Technologies said, “This partnership with STL is instrumental to VVDN and has come at the right time when VVDN is placing significant investments in 5G engineering space.”

“Our engineering & manufacturing is fully equipped to design and develop 5G Radio solutions that will help STL to accelerate 5G deployments,” he added.

Nitin Jain, Vice President of sales at VVDN told ET that STL will use these products for both local and global markets. “5G solutions like small cells and macro RU is just a start. We will expand the scope of this partnership going forward.”

VVDN recently raised Rs 250 core from Motilal Oswal Private Equity (MOPE)-led fund to expand operations and 5G capabilities. Its manufacturing facilities are located at Manesar, Gurgaon, which includes in-house SMT Factory, molding and tooling factory, product assembly factory and product certifications labs.

“The joint collaboration with VVDN aims to advance the evolution of 5G small cells thereby supporting telecom operators in their mission to rollout 5G networks. Also, with an indigenous “Make In India” approach to 5G Radio Units, STL aims to target operators globally and focus on private enterprises for broad-scale deployments of 5G,” Dr.Badri Gomatam, Group CTO, STL said in a statement.

VVDN said that it is taking a significant the approach in the 5G space with its end-to-end software and hardware expertise

https://telecom.economictimes.india...anufacturing-deal-from-sterlite-tech/75145296

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Do not understand much but post seems to be very informative.

IndianHawk

Country flag
Do not understand much but post seems to be very informative.
The general task such as video playing , web surfing , documents reading editing don't take much processing power. Infact modern soc have dedicated units for these things with gpu so cpu remains mostly ideal in these tasks.

Only someone who needs to edit / encode high quality video or create heavy design work etc need powerful processors . Otherwise an Intel i3 in computer / laptop or an sd660 level chip in smartphone is more than enough of 90% peoples need.

Chinmoy

Country flag
in my own personal experience for 15 years I have been observing that almost all PC & Laptop govt contracts go to HCL, and this is across all states I have worked in.

HCL chap can’t blame anyone but themselves, if they could not innovate in spite of having state patronage.
Wipro closed it PC and Server division way back. Anyway they were not using any made in India electronics as same as HCL. Can't understand what they are crying for.

Akula

Country flag
in my own personal experience for 15 years I have been observing that almost all PC & Laptop govt contracts go to HCL, and this is across all states I have worked in.

HCL chap can’t blame anyone but themselves, if they could not innovate in spite of having state patronage.
Even I have seen that most government offices and banks use HCL made computers. I still use my HCL computer, which I bought in 2012.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles