Indian economy poses major challenges: Chinese think tank

Krishnarjun

Country flag
View attachment 207516

@Krishnarjun is it feasible. A gas pipeline I mean.
Ideally possible. But many factors at play at once

Concept & economic viability studies- Engineering challenges & who will take the chunks of cost related to building the pipeline through the concerned countries.

Geopolitics- It will take years to bring every country onboard with respect to their national interests.
Affordability- We will probably have to devise a different gas pricing formula for the production from such line considering likely higher capex than with a domestic pipeline. After Modi came to power on 2014, the govt revised the formula to make gas production business more lucrative & profitable. It is not without a reason the retail gas prices have increased substantially. Govt has favoured industry on this case & ultimately the burden has to be taken by the citizens. I dont know if & how the economics of this intercontinental pipeline will benefit us in the absesne of fair estimates of commercial breakeven.

I think it will be practical to first strengthen our domestic pipeline network with better outreach as we are getting more gas than ever since last few years from recently developed fields.

Check this out. The website maps all the pipelines over the world including source and distribution nodes-

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles