Indian Economy: News and Discussion

jai jaganath

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
You are mirror imaging your opinions just like you usually do.
the Indian moneybags who are quoted in the news article, have understood what he meant and what they must do.
Maybe afterall we aren't as intellectual as them
But that's what I read so...

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
He did say you can't build it but you shouldn't listen to me and do it anyway.
to be more specific.

"We will explicitly tell you that it's completely hopeless to challenge us in training foundational models, and you shouldn't even attempt it. However, it is your responsibility to still make the attempt, and I genuinely hold both of these perspectives. I genuinely believe that the chances of success are quite slim."
the bold part is what any incumbent is supposed to say, just like we keep saying about paki I.T "exports", BD manufacturing and our resident wumaos keep reminding us in various topics in the lines of 'don't even bother trying". but a challenger is supposed to try, success or failure is a separate matter.

Last edited:

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
to be more specific.

the bold part is what any incumbent is supposed to say, just like we keep saying about paki I.T "exports", BD manufacturing and our resident wumaos keep reminding us in various topics in the lines of 'don't even bother trying". but a challenger is supposed to try, success or failure is a separate matter.
The then Microsoft CEO Steve Balmer reacting to Apple’s first Iphone. ….And rest is history

1686392945072.png

Mar 2023
Screenshot 2023-06-10 at 4.02.56 PM.png

tommy

to be more specific.

Any idea how does one obtain the data for training?

vishnugupt

Country flag

Congratulations
@Haldilal can this be averted
India suffering more because of these fake economist rather than Chinese import.

Crying for each and every issue is something become perpetual for these fake economist.

Import is China is inevitable because lots of raw materials needed to build a product and china has monopoly in some raw products.

According to fake economist Indian airlines should not buy Jets until Boeing/Airbus transfer assembly line.
Similarly, We should wait and loss trillions of dollars revenue until become 100% self-sufficient.

Basically Fake economist want India to remain poor forever. These people should be out cast from our social at every level.

These "Mare muh ke MC" buy their iPhone from Dubai and UK.

another_armchair

Country flag
India suffering more because of these fake economist rather than Chinese import.

Crying for each and every issue is something become perpetual for these fake economist.

Import is China is inevitable because lots of raw materials needed to build a product and china has monopoly in some raw products.

According to fake economist Indian airlines should not buy Jets until Boeing/Airbus transfer assembly line.
Similarly, We should wait and loss trillions of dollars revenue until become 100% self-sufficient.

Basically Fake economist want India to remain poor forever. These people should be out cast from our social at every level.

IIT Chennai campus introduced battery powered buses back in the late 90's and eventually phased out the diesel buses.

Haven't been there in ages but I reckon the electric buses continue to carry the bulk of the in-campus transport.

Afair, they were recharged through a small solar panel station within the campus on sunny days and from the electric grid on cloudy days.

This whole nonsense being peddled that we lack this ability and that to make simple transport buses in India and need to import everything is a load of BS.

I remember TATA-MarcoPolo buses were thrust down upon state transport corporations under JnURM and kickbacks worth crores were made. Speculation was rife that Marco-Polo was sourcing tons of components from China which were substandard at best. The quality of these buses was so bad, they earned a reputation of sorts for themselves.. many catching fire while operating, cost of operation was steep, maintenance was high.

Mind you, this was a flagship urban transport mission under UPA which landed on its ass but no judicial probe, no corruption charges, no investigation... just a simple 'hua toh hua'.

Last edited:

jai jaganath

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

Point is these olectra ones are nothing but BYD buses with logo change
Yes components being sourced is not the problem but atleast design development and manufactured major components here
But olectra plays differently it literally gets ckd or skd and just assembles it
It would have been no issues if we wouldn't have any other company making electric buses but we do have Tata, switch, jbm etc.

Now I haven't read the requirements but not sure what requirements olectra can fulfill which others can't

vishnugupt

Country flag
Point is these olectra ones are nothing but BYD buses with logo change
Yes components being sourced is not the problem but atleast design development and manufactured major components here
But olectra plays differently it literally gets ckd or skd and just assembles it
It would have been no issues if we wouldn't have any other company making electric buses but we do have Tata, switch, jbm etc.

Now I haven't read the requirements but not sure what requirements olectra can fulfill which others can't
Indian export crossing 800bilion this year. Do you think it doesn't not require raw material??

Atma nirbhar Bharat doesn't mean we commit suicide and stop import altogether.

Koi bhi Naya kaam ho India me.... Fake economist pahle rone lag jayege.... Ro roke batayenge dekho Desh kaise barbaad ho rha hai... Even for Delhi metro train.

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
There's no other model. Meritocracy is the only option. So with our population, it'll always be brutal to reach the top colleges.

All these things like "grades don't matter", "only critical thinking matters" are BS coming from western countries designed to subvert the educational system. Competitive exams are the only way to fairly judge a student. There's a reason why students from India, China, Korea flood the top US universities.
As an Indian student myself, I have a simple question with respect to the western education system, what is all this "Creative and Critical thinking" that I keep hearing about their education system? Can anyone here cite atleast one example of this "CREATIVE/CRITICAL" thinking?

I had come across some reddit posts where some Indians constantly nag and roast our education system and keep saying things like "INDIAN EDUCATION is the most pathetic education system in the World", or another very famous one, which is "Indian education is all about RATTA MAR AND ROTE LEARNING". Maybe true to some extent but I would say the entire issue is overhyped, I hail from STEM background myself and every one of my teachers encourages us to write answers in our own way. I am pretty much ZeRo in extra curricular activities, I am just a guy who gets first class scores, likes to read a lot about defense, geopolitics etc.

@Physx32 is the Indian syllabus, especially that of Math and Science subjects in India much vast as compared to western syllabus? What can you say about the difficulty level between the two?

Global Defence

New threads

Articles