Indian Economy: News and Discussion

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
But won't such a sharp increase in value affect our export competitiveness? I'm sure a lot of our IT companies and manufacturers won't like it.
It will be a global phenomenon if it ever happens, i.e. Euro, GBP, Yen, Yuan and all other major currencies will also appreciate. But it remains an "if" right now.
Apple’s India bet pays off, both the Delhi and Mumbai stores earn Rs 25 crore in revenue per month according to reports.

They're opening 3 new additional stores in India I'm hearing.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Apple’s India bet pays off, both the Delhi and Mumbai stores earn Rs 25 crore in revenue per month according to reports.

Ya'll Nibbiars and still the RSOUL will make less of what would had made by leasing to the other firms, where else they have leased space to other stores at 400 rupees per Sq. Ft. Plus 3 percent of the total revenue. But in the case of the Apple Store 200 rupees per Sq. Ft. and 2 percent of the revenue. And plus the Clause of no competatior at the premises. Despite the high sales.

That's why many like the Phoenix Mills rejected the leasing to the Apple. AFAIK the Phoenix Mills demanded 700 rupees per Sq. Ft. Plus 4 percent of the revenue and no Clause on the competatior and the talks never went beyond that. But the Jain are happy to lease the space to the upcoming Apple Store at the Atria, Worli.

Last edited:

Blademaster

Ha ha ha ha!!!! For comparison's sake, Pakistan's exports were $23B for a population of 260 million people while Tamil Nadu exported twice of Pakistan and only has a population of 84 million people.

Edit: I look forward to the day where the smallest state of India (population wise) beats Pakistan in all economic indicators such as GDP, exports, per capita, HDI, etc.

Last edited:

TopWatcher

Country flag
It will be a global phenomenon if it ever happens, i.e. Euro, GBP, Yen, Yuan and all other major currencies will also appreciate. But it remains an "if" right now.

They're opening 3 new additional stores in India I'm hearing.
How much contribution of made in India apple devices??

karn

Country flag
ACU established in 1974.
=====
The Asian Clearing Union (ACU) agreed in a summit in Iran to launch a cross-border financial messaging system to rival the US-controlled SWIFT payment network

Members include:
-Bangladesh
-Bhutan
-India
-Maldives
-Nepal
-Pakistan
-Sri Lanka
-Myanmar
-Iran

Wait ..... No Cheen ? IAS nigaas better start acting on this,

thebakofbakchod

The reason why service sector keeps growing is precisely because the dirty indian government hands havent touched it yet. No idiotic rules, no woke Scandinavian labour laws, no need to grease 100 babus and low iq individuals to ship the exports, since it is digital, no trade unions and any sign of unionism getting ruthlessly crushed etc. If industry barriers were eased and corruption reduced, the goods sector could have also seen similar growth.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz

The reason why service sector keeps growing is precisely because the dirty indian government hands havent touched it yet. No idiotic rules, no woke Scandinavian labour laws, no need to grease 100 babus and low iq individuals to ship the exports, since it is digital, no trade unions and any sign of unionism getting ruthlessly crushed etc. If industry barriers were eased and corruption reduced, the goods sector could have also seen similar growth.
Pottery
Gormint rots anything it touches

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles