Indian Economy: News and Discussion

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag

sauntheninja

Country flag
No, we'll be at $3.75 trillion this year.
If we cross 4 trillion in the next two years how soon do we expect us to be a 5 trillion economy?
All the articles are giving different dates I have seen dates ranging from 2025 to 2031 in the most extreme

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
If we cross 4 trillion in the next two years how soon do we expect us to be a 5 trillion economy?
All the articles are giving different dates I have seen dates ranging from 2025 to 2031 in the most extreme
$4.25 trillion in 2024
$4.75 trillion in 2025
$5.25 trillion in 2026.

These are my approx projections.

If rebasing happens in 2025 and it increases our GDP then we'll be $6 trillion by 2026.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag

iBaaz

Country flag

shade

Country flag
Industries in parts of Karnataka con ..

Read more at:
It's ok, they can mooch off Banglore IT coolie industry forever, KT doesn't need any other industry aside from that and Govt jobs.

jai jaganath

Country flag
It's ok, they can mooch off Banglore IT coolie industry forever, KT doesn't need any other industry aside from that and Govt jobs.
But investments are investments they will survive but its not matter of survival but to grow more the industries the better it is
I know u know but still with bit frustration

shade

Country flag
But investments are investments they will survive but its not matter of survival but to grow more the industries the better it is
I know u know but still with bit frustration
I'm being sarcastic, they are following the Maharashtra model now, where every politician is a rent-seeking harami who only wants to suck Mumbai's paisa, and some of Pune's also, don't want to do any work of getting industries.
Third-class focus on infrastructure building or maintainence, only on doing vasooli and bending over to "protestors" etc.

KT was better, a lot of states were better.
Now everyone seems to be going for the same medicority.

I think Tamil Nadu is blessed since they don't have one big and wealthy (((metro))) city they can mooch off, there the economy is distributed between various cities, dependent on industry and not IT coolie services or (((Finance))) as is Mumbai's case

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
...many software engineers who haven't even reached their mid careers are already earning 30 lakh and above salaries. Forget about Director, AVP, VP level employees who are now earning more than 1 crore per month. Please don't get me wrong but now a talented person unless he/she is freakishly patriotic won't be willing to join DRDO,ISRO or any PSUs and ruin their career. It may feel alright for arm chair critics like us to complain about the Tejas Mk1,MK2 missed dead lines and asking for accountability and rolling heads...but seriously we have to question how can the people working with those salaries get motivated when they see their mediocre friends and peers from colleges who are earning above and beyond them just because they are in IT?
Kuchh bhi, softie to mid career ne 30LPM?!.. or for you mean LPA?
₹1crore LPM bas consultancy me milta hy, nobody gets that per month unless you're some industrialist.

Just now googled and found there are 12.3 Lakh people in India paying in the tax group of earning 25-50 Lakhs.
Ye kaha mila?.. per Month or year?

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
I am sorry to have confused many, as i clarified earlier it is 30 L per year :)

here is the wiki link
Wo bhi too high for a software in their 30s.

I myself will enter the 25+LPA in a year at max.1 crore milne walo are only in consultancy & they're the last sort of sleezy bastards that you want to attract. They're capable, but that's not the only criterion. I have a friend's that earns higher than me or any ISRO-wala, but she still mopes about losing the ISRO race.

Pakistan can spare a few crore & buy them all.

IndianEagle2000

India helped inaugurate a long-awaited seaport in western Myanmar this month amid New Delhi’s efforts to cope with rival China’s growing influence in Southeast Asia and across the Indo-Pacific.

A maiden delivery of 1,000 metric tons of cement from the Indian metropolis of Kolkata docked May 9 in Sittwe, Myanmar, at a new port funded by New Delhi.

The Sittwe port is the first node in the $484 million Kaladan Multi-Modal Transit Transport Project, aimed at connecting greater India with its landlocked northeast through western Myanmar’s Rakhine and Chin states, bypassing Bangladesh.

karn

Country flag
India helped inaugurate a long-awaited seaport in western Myanmar this month amid New Delhi’s efforts to cope with rival China’s growing influence in Southeast Asia and across the Indo-Pacific.

A maiden delivery of 1,000 metric tons of cement from the Indian metropolis of Kolkata docked May 9 in Sittwe, Myanmar, at a new port funded by New Delhi.

The Sittwe port is the first node in the $484 million Kaladan Multi-Modal Transit Transport Project, aimed at connecting greater India with its landlocked northeast through western Myanmar’s Rakhine and Chin states, bypassing Bangladesh.
It's actually scary when you consider that it is very expensive to send bulk items like cement to the NE without going via waterways in bangladesh and mayanmar. It would do us well to keep this line open.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles