Indian Economy: News and Discussion

jadoogar

Country flag
How the hell does US FDA have so much control over a foreign country's pharma factories? US is not even the biggest market out there.
Well a couple of things:
(1) if the FDA (even on trivial grounds) blocks certain factories then you cannot ship product from then to the US market. Also the FDA will with-hold new product approvals until the issue is resolved. Both actions lead to a big loss
(2) Many countries do not have their own well staffed regulatory agency and follow the FDA lead. So more loss
(3) It seems that FDA inspectors can get vindictive (on their own, or US deepstate pressure, or foreign deepstate pressure through the US agents)... so additional issues

So FDA and EMEA (EU) et al are GOD as far as a private company is concerned.

Even India mostly FDA lead (e.g. ban of Vioxx a COX-2 inhibitor in 2004 by FDA lead to an almost simultaneous ban in India). It was actually a Fabulous drug but trial lawyers in the US claimed that it caused a small increase in cardiovascular incidents... which it did in a roundabout way ... normal NSAIDs (Aspirin, Ibuprofen etc) are slightly protective and when comparing against Vioxx there is a slight increase for Vioxx

So a big loss for those in need of that pain relief. India could have done its own thing... and can still bring it back...but no

SKC

Country flag
No need to get personal , he made a comment , counter it
He need to leave rhetoric and talk susbtance. He is blabbering, "we should grow double digit" day and night and calling govt names!
This is not how it works. You cannot grow to multi trillion economy by serving your local market itself. You need to work with global markets to make stuff for even local consumption.

Ask these 2-3 people to leave rhetoric otherwise don't come crying here!

Concard

Country flag
$100 billion in FDI and $100 billion in remittances will cover the trade deficit. However, just imagine we instead balanced the trade or ran a modest trade surplus. That $100 billion FDI + $100 billion remittances will provide a huge injection of cash into the economy. It's literally additional $200 billion circulating within the economy which will have a ripple effect on many sectors and boost GDP growth.

Varzone

Tihar Jail
Banned
Nothing, let exfarts like you say everything, leave manufacturing and see trade deficit rising ever year and see exfarts like pajeetzone give their worthless 'masterstroke' tags. I'm out of this, all's hunky dory. I'm sorry.
Why are you getting agitated every 2 days? You're not thinking straight and making frustrated comments.

Everyone has internet. Do you know how INR has fared against other currencies? Fed reserve has hiked interest rates big time. Of course it's going to happen. We can't do anything about it.

I have better expectations from you as you are on the internet and on this forum for so long. What have you been reading all this time?

India is still growing against the headwinds of global economy. How can someone expect exports to multiply when literally the global yield curve has inverted. We're literally in a global recession but someone should hand you a lolipop and make you satisfied?

20221201_124101.png

Last edited:

jai jaganath

Country flag
@ezsasa @shade
<iframe src="https://data.worldbank.org/share/wi...ors=NV.IND.MANF.KD.ZG&locations=IN&start=2004" width='450' height='300' frameBorder='0' scrolling="no" ></iframe>
Even if u see UPA times avg growth rate wrt manufacturing is 8.6
But incase nda it's 5.8(yeah yeah covid factor) but if u see 2019 then u will understand the performance

Now look at % of industry manufacturing including infra

<iframe src="https://data.worldbank.org/share/widget?end=2021&indicators=NV.IND.TOTL.ZS&locations=IN&start=2004" width='450' height='300' frameBorder='0' scrolling="no" ></iframe>

This entire article would clear what I am saying
Literally each and every graph is disappointing and demoralizing

Bold is used to distinguish between comments and data as it would be confusing
@FalconSlayers @thebakofbakchod

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
@ezsasa @shade
<iframe src="https://data.worldbank.org/share/wi...ors=NV.IND.MANF.KD.ZG&locations=IN&start=2004" width='450' height='300' frameBorder='0' scrolling="no" ></iframe>
But incase nda it's 5.8(yeah yeah covid factor) but if u see 2019 then u will understand the performance

<iframe src="https://data.worldbank.org/share/widget?end=2021&indicators=NV.IND.TOTL.ZS&locations=IN&start=2004" width='450' height='300' frameBorder='0' scrolling="no" ></iframe>

@FalconSlayers @bakofbakchod
what are the manufacturing numbers in GVA , year wise from 2010 to 2021?

if you are of non-tech educational background, say so upfront. i have no interest in debating with feelings of an individual.

another_armchair

Country flag
@ezsasa @shade

@FalconSlayers @thebakofbakchod
Isn't this YoY data relating to a period which saw erratic growth not under 'normal/ideal' conditions?

Would this 1 year chart suffice to write the obituary of the Indian growth story?

1669886437990.png

jai jaganath

Country flag
what are the manufacturing numbers in GVA , year wise from 2010 to 2021?

if you are of non-tech educational background, say so upfront. i have no interest in debating with feelings of an individual.
I am specifically talking about manufacturing growth rate in my previous comment not not about value addition

Global Defence

New threads

Articles