Indian Economy: News and Discussion

Abdus Salem killed

This is the reason Ambani bought a Solar cell manufacturing company which does everything. They are building everything in Jamnagar in an area of 5,000 acres. From solar cells to battery packs to hydrogen fuel cells. And also with First solar entry into Indian market, Chinese grip on Solar market will decrease substantially this decade.

I am more concerned about quality and efficiency of solar panels produced. With respect to efficiency, most Chinese solar panels offer <=18% efficiency which is the average efficiency of solar panels. If we can build solar panels with efficiency rating of above 20% then less land will be required to produce more amount of electricity. Let's look at companies which produce efficient solar panels.

View attachment 174931
The 4th company in that list is the company Ambani bought. As you can see they produce very efficient solar panels rated at 22.20% which is very good. You can read more about the REC group solar panel technology in the below article. I think Ambani has bought a good company and will be a great asset for Reliance industries in future and also for the country as a whole.

Abdus Salem killed

Porks and Bangladeshis love to compare with us they don't understand we are not the same

While these preindustrial nations will become desserts and swamps we will live

@gslv markIII your opinions ?

Abdus Salem killed

thebakofbakchod

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
@Indx TechStyle bro whats your unbiased opinion on Indian economy?
Will take longer than currently estimated to reach its milestones.

Will not match western economies in per capita GDP till last of this century.

Positively, it will shift from agri to sophisticated sectors only including aerospace, electronics, heavy industries and IT instead of simplistic transition due to governments preferences regarding self-reliance and national security. It will at least remain most knowledge oriented economy (after China) from current developing world.

jai jaganath

Country flag
Will take longer than currently estimated to reach its milestones.

Will not match western economies in per capita GDP till last of this century.

Positively, it will shift from agri to sophisticated sectors only including aerospace, electronics, heavy industries and IT instead of simplistic transition due to governments preferences regarding self-reliance and national security. It will at least remain most knowledge oriented economy (after China) from current developing world.
When do u think that our economy will shift from agri to sophisticated sectors
I am asking about just beginning not completely

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
When do u think that our economy will shift from agri to sophisticated sectors
I am asking about just beginning not completely
It has been and come a long way already since 1980 that agrarian population has slipped below 40%. India is no longer an agrarian country. Neither in GDP share nor in population share.
A more notable transition will be when it drops below 25%.

thebakofbakchod

Another chinese company setting up a production base here. Everytime i look at this, I wonder WTF are our own companies doing. There are so few of them in the entire country who undertake projects like this. Look at the scale of the plant. Easily will employ 15000 workers, mainly women. Most local shoe factories are fragmented into tiny informal companies

Shuturmurg

Country flag

Another chinese company setting up a production base here. Everytime i look at this, I wonder WTF are our own companies doing. There are so few of them in the entire country who undertake projects like this. Look at the scale of the plant. Easily will employ 15000 workers, mainly women. Most local shoe factories are fragmented into tiny informal companies
That is because once you go beyond 300 employees, there are so many regulations and permissions that you need, that it becomes very hard for small company that has just reached 300 employees to hire law firms and file for all regulations and pay any bribe if needed.

Whereas, these chinese companies have already grown big in China and accumulated capital, hence can spend on getting permissions for a big factory.

So, until we reform our laws, its going to be like this only.

If you want to learn about this in detail :

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles