Indian Economy: News and Discussion

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
EVs are a lot less mechanical complexity than current IC vehicles, will probably cost the same as current mahindra line up.
Ya'll Nibbiars yeah 40 to 50 Lakhs that the talk on the street didn't knew A cynic brain work in the deciding order.

JBH22

He is literally an American citizen.
And his point that west fears India increasing manufacturing is in the context of being asked if India should try doing what china has done with regards to manufacturing.. Hence the west will increase tariffs if India's output rises to any appreciable level.
I can't call him a traitor when he isn't even Indian. He is just being loyal to his home country.
In that case our foreign minister son is loving in US, the land that is allowing his son to thrive and live.
We may not like west for interference but somehow we forget that all our elites son and daughters are brought up, educated and work in Western societies.
Does that make them anti India? No idea

thebakofbakchod

The State Of Startup Ecosystem Report 2022

Except 90% of our startups are literally more useless than not doing anything. Chongs on the other hand have a massive amount of manufacturing related startups, in semiconductors, electronics and biotech etc. Ola electric is what we should be aiming for. Even if they fail, the manufacturing push they are doing is inspiring to see. Sadly they are a rare exception of a good startup

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The Uttarakhand proposing Total ban on alcohol in the state. This is second one after Goa to consider ban on alcohol in the last few years. And there is already Gujarat and Bihar.

Last edited:

Concard

Country flag
Except 90% of our startups are literally more useless than not doing anything. Chongs on the other hand have a massive amount of manufacturing related startups, in semiconductors, electronics and biotech etc. Ola electric is what we should be aiming for. Even if they fail, the manufacturing push they are doing is inspiring to see. Sadly they are a rare exception of a good startup
We have a starting point now. Once startup ecosystem is matured and all kinds of service related startups are up and running and have saturated the market, next step obviously is to build startups which produce products with some valuable intellectual property. I hope our startup ecosystem can take inspiration from Israel in that regard. In order to have startups in hardware space like electronics, semiconductors, biotech like you said, we need GOI to step up and make 1 Lakh crore fund available for these sectors to take off every year for the next 20 years. Then only people can take a risk in hardware which requires lot of capital and government support.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The taxes on alcohol should be increased even more and illegal should be cracked downe more burtely. Currently in some rates the total taxes is 300 percent this should be further increased to 600 percent. And illegal should be made absolutely non existence.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Except for some grocery, cosmetic and food delivery unicorn startups, I don’t know how are they useless and whats with your obsession with bringing in chongs everywhere? It’s not that we’re going to blindly follow their economic model.
Ya'll Nibbiars The taxes on alcohol should be increased even more and illegal should be cracked downe more burtely. Currently in some rates the total taxes is 300 percent this should be further increased to 600 percent. And illegal should be made absolutely non existence.
Banning alcohol is the most idiotic thing, who the hell is the state to tell who’s gonna drink what?
It only reduces revenue collection from Alcohols and cause harm to breweries.

thebakofbakchod

Except for some grocery, cosmetic and food delivery unicorn startups, I don’t know how are they useless and whats with your obsession with bringing in chongs everywhere? It’s not that we’re going to blindly follow their economic model.

Banning alcohol is the most idiotic thing, who the hell is the state to tell who’s gonna drink what?
It only reduces revenue collection from Alcohols and cause harm to breweries.
why not? they are the only country with the same population as such and have laid a template on how to achieve growth. India's service led growth in the last 30 years has lost steam and needs a new engine. Much better to follow their model than obsessing over some tiny countrys model like Singapore or norway which is what the left does

SKC

Country flag
how non - chinese are asus phones.I mean the whole process,how many components are truly not from china,what about samsung?

I am planning to buy a new phone and my current one is an asus and I think it is a non chinese brand but I am not sure about the specific parts.
Used Asus phone for over 3 yrs. It is the only Good option in sea of Chinese brand phones.
However it is now non existent in below 20K range.
Earlier they had many options between 10-20K but now nothing.

It seems fishy as below 20K almost no non-Chinese phone is available now. Something CCP has done to scare away other brands from Indian market.

My dad's In1 got kaput recently. battery health reached only 8%. All Samsung phones below 20K had either poor exynos processor or bad configuration. Had to settle with Nord 2 which is the only International appeal phone from China I can trust.

SKC

Country flag
Oppo, Vivo, Realme, Oneplus - Same color OS in different bottle. Also if single OS has fatal security flaw there is a chance entire brand under Jeopardy.

Xiaomi - MIUI is becoming more or less like iOS. Never liked the UI.

Huawei - Lot of issue due to US, also never took off in India. Some time Huawei was second largest in Mobile export.

Honor - Never took off in India.

Gionee - LOL. Bought by Karbonn and now completely Bankrupt.

Samsung - Current series are much better than J series where they literally cut down various sensors like proximity sensor, gyro etc.

Moto - Went down after G5 launch. But now trying hard to come back.

Apple - I just bought it since I am never a fan of changing phone regularly, my current iphone will work upto 2025 which is enough for me. But Apple is selling at significant profit margin. No way I can justify the pro variant at fucking 1. 5 lakhs. You can literally buy a powerful gaming laptop.

But the Chinese arrival simply destroyed everyone.

Nokia (Finland) - Poor decision to not adopt android. Failed.
HTC (Taiwan) - Destroyed. Google mobile division bought some of their IP for Pixel series.
Sony (Japan) - Reduced to top end in few countries
Blackberry (Canada) - Dusted due to not adopting android.
Asus (Taiwan) - Not a mainstream company anymore. Relies on ROG phone and Zenfone top end.
Pixel (USA) - Just mid and high range model from google.
LG (SK) - Recently closed mobile division

All the companies above mentioned are having decades of experience but still destroyed. Our guys were just completely buried under Indian Ocean permanently.
Buying Apple products in Indian market is not a good decision unless it becomes a gen or two old. however getting current gen from American market is good.
As you mentioned apple phones last long, have much more stable OS and more polished apps. battery optimization has reached crazy level and current iPhone 13 are leader in battery mgmt.

In current world, no brand can match the manufacturing capabilities of Chinese and simply not possible to compete with them unless you make yourself niche category.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
why not? they are the only country with the same population as such and have laid a template on how to achieve growth. India's service led growth in the last 30 years has lost steam and needs a new engine. Much better to follow their model than obsessing over some tiny countrys model like Singapore or norway which is what the left does
Vietnam and Japan have roughly the same population, when was the last time you saw Viets simping for Japs for having an economy 12-13 times larger with 10% higher population? You want to go the chink way then create ghost towns, real estate bubbles, HSRs to nowhere and build empty supertall skyscrapers in every city to look rich and spend shit tonnes of money on espionage and stealing IPs.

sauntheninja

Country flag
Vietnam and Japan have roughly the same population, when was the last time you saw Viets simping for Japs for having an economy 12-13 times larger with 10% higher population? You want to go the chink way then create ghost towns, real estate bubbles, HSRs to nowhere and build empty supertall skyscrapers in every city to look rich and spend shit tonnes of money on espionage and stealing IPs.
Their per capita income is five time ours

Haldilal

Country flag
Used Asus phone for over 3 yrs. It is the only Good option in sea of Chinese brand phones.
However it is now non existent in below 20K range.
Earlier they had many options between 10-20K but now nothing.

It seems fishy as below 20K almost no non-Chinese phone is available now. Something CCP has done to scare away other brands from Indian market.

My dad's In1 got kaput recently. battery health reached only 8%. All Samsung phones below 20K had either poor exynos processor or bad configuration. Had to settle with Nord 2 which is the only International appeal phone from China I can trust.
Buying Apple products in Indian market is not a good decision unless it becomes a gen or two old. however getting current gen from American market is good.
As you mentioned apple phones last long, have much more stable OS and more polished apps. battery optimization has reached crazy level and current iPhone 13 are leader in battery mgmt.

In current world, no brand can match the manufacturing capabilities of Chinese and simply not possible to compete with them unless you make yourself niche category.
Ya'll Nibbiars The Samsung and Nokia phones below 25,000 have improved that's why their sales Increased this year. And Samsung is on way to Regain 1 st position. And I @Tactical Doge Nibba can vouche for the Samsung and Nokia respectivelys. And in my office everyone uses the Samsung phones only.

Ya'll Nibbiars It's pretty much confirmed a Phone below the Nothing One is coming in the mid range category in the 20 to 30 range. If this happens then most of the Mleecahs and even Non Mleechas brand will take massive hit in India in this price range. And if the below 12,000 range Mleecha brands are banned in future which is likely despite the denial by the GOI. And this will put the Mleechas only in one price range where they will struggle to survives.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles