Indian Economy: News and Discussion

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
Oppo, Vivo, Realme, Oneplus - Same color OS in different bottle. Also if single OS has fatal security flaw there is a chance entire brand under Jeopardy.

Xiaomi - MIUI is becoming more or less like iOS. Never liked the UI.

Huawei - Lot of issue due to US, also never took off in India. Some time Huawei was second largest in Mobile export.

Honor - Never took off in India.

Gionee - LOL. Bought by Karbonn and now completely Bankrupt.

Samsung - Current series are much better than J series where they literally cut down various sensors like proximity sensor, gyro etc.

Moto - Went down after G5 launch. But now trying hard to come back.

Apple - I just bought it since I am never a fan of changing phone regularly, my current iphone will work upto 2025 which is enough for me. But Apple is selling at significant profit margin. No way I can justify the pro variant at fucking 1. 5 lakhs. You can literally buy a powerful gaming laptop.

But the Chinese arrival simply destroyed everyone.

Nokia (Finland) - Poor decision to not adopt android. Failed.
HTC (Taiwan) - Destroyed. Google mobile division bought some of their IP for Pixel series.
Sony (Japan) - Reduced to top end in few countries
Blackberry (Canada) - Dusted due to not adopting android.
Asus (Taiwan) - Not a mainstream company anymore. Relies on ROG phone and Zenfone top end.
Pixel (USA) - Just mid and high range model from google.
LG (SK) - Recently closed mobile division

All the companies above mentioned are having decades of experience but still destroyed. Our guys were just completely buried under Indian Ocean permanently.
Sony's Xperia line essentially has stock android with pro camera and video apps from their Alpha Camera's. + SD card slot + headphone jack + no ugly notch/punch hole + symmetrical bezels

I just recently got Xperia 1 IV and holy shit what a fucking phone. Sony can dominate high-end phone market if they can get the prices a bit lower.

Arjun Mk1A

Country flag
Sony's Xperia line essentially has stock android with pro camera and video apps from their Alpha Camera's. + SD card slot + headphone jack + no ugly notch/punch hole + symmetrical bezels

I just recently got Xperia 1 IV and holy shit what a fucking phone. Sony can dominate high-end phone market if they can get the prices a bit lower.

They show that infamous Japan elite attitude man. They can outright dominate from 25k and above if they are serious but they are just lazy.

Another example is Honda. Could not able to do any shit. Even Toyota able to bring Hyryder after getting traction from Suzuki.

Toyota - Innova, Fortunner, Vellfire, Glanza, Urban Cruiser, Hyryder.

Honda - City, Amaze. (Running for decade)

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
11% growth over next decade could make India world’s second largest economy by 2031: RBI Deputy Governor

“Currently, India is the third largest economy in the world in PPP terms, with a share of 7% of global GDP (after China and the U.S.,” says Michael Debabrata Patra.

If India achieves a growth rate of 11% into the next decade, it would become the second largest economy in the world not by 2048 as projected earlier, but by 2031, said Michael Debabrata Patra, Deputy Governor, Reserve Bank of India

// another what if scenario

afako

Hindufying India
Country flag
France refuses to work with Russia on device for India's Venus mission

France has abandoned plans to create, together with Russia, a device for the orbiter that India plans to launch to Venus, Oleg Korablev, deputy director of the Space Research Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences for the ExoMars project, head of the Planetary Physics department of the Space Research Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences, told TASS, Trend reports.

The device is intended to study the atmosphere of Venus by spectroscopy. Some of the components were supposed to be French.

DimetrodonX

Some good questions raised by Mr Mani Sudhanshu who was involved in the development of Vande Bharat prototype.

Even though we are in the process of developing aluminium based Vande Bharat trains that can reach 200 kmph. The process of upgrading the existing tracks to 160 kmph is going very slowly.

So on arrival the new trains could be under utilised for almost a decade.

He also Questioned the government movie of allowing the bidders for the new train sets (Vande 3 most probably). To source their designs work from outside India. With no definite claws for ToT or collaboration with ICF. Even though these trains would be made in India.

It could have been a good opportunity for the Indian developers from ICF to learn through the process & create a product of their own at a later stage. (But the final bid hasn't been finalized yiet so lets see what comes out finally)
Interesting these articles seem to be written in response to each other.

Indian Railways is actively considering to develop a semi-high speed track compatible for running train at 200 kmph speed on the surface level close to the existing track between Bangalore and Secunderabad as a greenfield project at an estimated cost of Rs 30,000 crore.

Currently, the Railways is upgrading two routes between Delhi-Mumbai and Delhi-Howrah for running trains at 160 kmph speed.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars

The PG Technoplast, an AC manufacturing service provider, has collaborated with Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation MIDC to invest Rs 315 crore to create the state’s largest room AC manufacturing capacities as a part of the Magnetic Maharashtra initiative.

This project will be the nation’s most vertically integrated RAC manufacturing facility and will provide a thrust for the region’s ESDM components’ ecosystem. It will also create direct employment opportunities for over 1,500 people. The move will help bring room AC manufacturing to the Western region, which historically has been concentrated in the northern, and now southern parts of the country.

Last edited:

angryIndian

Country flag
With the same demographics our Ipr per capita overlaps with the eastern europe. There is all the proof of constant improvement. I had owned you hard in the other thread you liar I will own you now. You are a disgrace bhadralok babus cucked as yours never fought for India nor contributed so don't kang and be jealous of those who are working hard to keep this good country forward. Phd what? Even in the amreekunts 50% of phD candidates are about 50% foreign born upto 70% of candidates in doctoral studies to cs and random stem subjects are Asians. Happens when since you are born of cuckoldry culture all you can do is whine.

Below is the living proof when you posted bs and ran away. This happened when you made yet typical ignoramus remark about India being rich but people poor. I objectively showed you viz quoting M.V.Kamath et al. He has thoroughly researched conditions of India before the brits and confirmed 'economically speaking the non-elitist castes were well off even in medieval India. As well the agricultural productivity in the India was very high in the 19th century. When comparing done with the Indian data with that relating to lulzy brits agriculture around 1804 it was found that the productivity in India, was "Many times higher ' than in brits agriculture.

View attachment 167465
I avoid you because you love to derail threads into a personal dung throwing slugfest. This is evident from this very post of yours filled with nothing but abuses.I don't wish to trouble moderators.

As for my criticism, It is my genuine concern and not some jealously driven drivel.

It's public knowledge that the quality of STEM-related research work and higher education in India is not upto mark because of a serious lack of investment.At R&D spending of just 0.7% of GDP,Our R&D spending is far lower than most of our peers. There are just a handful of Government institutions (IISC,IIT's,CSIR,NAL) that carry out international standard R&d work. And in the private sector, it's mostly absent.

India, though is in the right direction but the effort is far from sufficient, especially when compared to our primary arch-nemesis.
I go through a lot of journals and especially papers on ResearchGate and i find so many Chinese University articles, especially on Artificial Intelligence, Electronics and other STEM topics.In many areas, they are in fact ahead of even US institutions.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars Rumours The OYO rooms Valuations is even down fallen after the Zomato share market falls. The valution has fallen in just one years from 12 billion dollars to 10 billion dollars to 7 billion dollars and now even less than the 5 billion dollar at this rate this will cease to exists.

another_armchair

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars Rumours The OYO rooms Valuations is even down fallen after the Zomato share market falls. The valution has fallen in just one years from 12 billion dollars to 10 billion dollars to 7 billion dollars and now even less than the 5 billion dollar at this rate this will cease to exists.
Oyo has the potential to turn it around nibba. Wait a year or two before you write its obituary.

Abdus Salem killed

How is this an achievement? With the same demographics as China, we are filing 10 times lesser number of papers.

This rather reflects poorly on the country as even to this date, the government does not spend sufficiently on Research and Development nor is the lab infrastructure is anywhere closer to acceptable levels.In my college and internship days, i had to buy my own GPU system for Designing and analysis purposes because the institution did not provide them.
And then there is the old issue of Thesis plagiarism which is still happening to this day.

This is the reason why it's usually not preferred to pursue a masters and PhD in India.
At least we are higher than Bangladesh and Pakistan @gslv markIII also think about it we were not even on the radar in 2010
I agree we should be 3 or in top 5 we will get thier this decade

Abdus Salem killed

How many Indian's dumped Chinese phones after Galwan?

I did.

I made a conscious effort to reduce China maal as much as I could.

Even went so far and bought a Croma TV when my old TV conked off so what if the sales guy was trying hard to push an LG/MI/Vivo TV. The TV is average but I was fine with it because I hardly watch TV.

Yeah.. I am a deranged 'bhakt' but its the best I can do when I ask others 'What did you do after Galwan'?

Still trading crypto? Still buying Vivo calling it world class.. sure the public is not at fault, Modi is subsidizing Chinese products under some yojana no? /Sarc

I settled for less. Will the rest of our countrymen will?

Read 'Arey, girne par Micromax ka backcover nikal aata hai..' in another thread. True, why settle for less when China has your back covered? Its ok, they will stick a knife on your back only once in a decade, ok, maybe few.. perhaps a century then. They are so nice after all.
lG is South Korean idiot not Chinese

no smoking

Country flag
None, Indian manufactururs or for that matter any non-chinese cos are required to open a plant in China itself to sell their products.
Who tells you that?
The old JV requirement was only set for the assembling of final products, such as TV, car, mobile, etc, which were only representing a part of sales. For example, if you set up a factory to assemble Toyota Camry, then you sell sell other car models from external factories.

Now this law is removed.

For the non-Chinese core part, there is no law requiring JV because this is also related to the law of foreign companies' homeland which prohibited this kind of move. But if you offer a JV of core part production in the deal, the Chinese government will reward you for this by add you into the favorite list of government purchase.

The problem for Indian manufacturers is that they simply don't have much competitive advantage in Chinese market.

Also china does not give market access to services industry of India as well.
Another wrong information.
China does give market access to Indian services industries on the same conditions for the western services Industries: for example, software.
The problem is that Indian service industries' competitive advantages don't work in Chinese market.
Price? Well, Chinese IT companies' price is even lower;
Language? Ask yourselves, how many Indians can speak fluently mandarin or how many Chinese can speak fluently English.
The knowledge of the customers? You can easily find millions of Indians graduate from Western universities or having working experience in Western companies. How many Indians have similar experiences in China?

My wife, personally, had experience working with Indian software company in early 2000s in China. It was a nightmare: language was one problem, another problem was the Indian engineers simply believed whatever they worked well in western market should be good in Chinese market.

angryIndian

Country flag
At least we are higher than Bangladesh and Pakistan @gslv markIII also think about it we were not even on the radar in 2010
I agree we should be 3 or in top 5 we will get thier this decade
Sorry this is the thing i dislike the statement:- At least we are higher than Bangladesh and Pakistan.

Has India fallen so low that we are gloating about our supremacy over bottom-of-the-heap countries?

India was never on the radar because India never invested in education, innovation or research. When you don't invest you don't get any return. As simple as it is.

As a consequence, India is paying a very heavy price for it. Almost all of the top 1% of the class and most of the Top 5% of the class from premier institutes of the country are migrating abroad. We are losing the best of our doctors and researchers to the west at a record pace.This has to be reversed.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles