Indian Economy: News and Discussion

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Eknath Shinde is a politician. Just because he is currently supporting BJP doesn't make him a savior.
Ya'll Nibbiars atleats he doesn't listen to the pseudo EnvironMentalist.

indus

Living in Post Truth
Country flag
Eknath Shinde is a politician. Just because he is currently supporting BJP doesn't make him a savior.
Politicians work like this only. When S S-Thakerays duped Hindutva and went in bed with Congress, NCP they weakened Hindutva and exposed fault lines. If Shinde faction rose upto the occasion its because they understand Hinduz are a viable votebank capable of keeping them in power. He is not our Savior but we are his. So it's better to keep someone in power who supports our cause than someone who does not. Leaving Hindutva should be a losing bet in the political landscape of our country. Rather it has been the opposite. Hinduz have been a losing bet for politicians. Licking Mzlmz and outdated caste equations have been the winning bet all the time. Since our political system isn't going anywhere else it's better Hinduz adapt the system to own benefit

Shuturmurg

Country flag
You gotta aim for moon to land at Everest.
Let them target 4x growth even of they achieve 2-2.5x it will make UP a powerhouse of Indian economy again.

Btw it's not in vaccum. They are building India's largest expressway network across entire UP + defence corridors + Yogi improving law and order situation all this combined might see UP breakout .
You gotta set realistic aims at least and not do hawai baatein.
I will eat your socks if UP becomes 1 trillion economy in next 5 years.

jai jaganath

Country flag
What was the the lost time of mva? Where did they fail? What wrong policies did they enact?
I am getting hint of bias in your post.

Couple of months ago shinde was part of same MVA.
See I am not saying shinde good or bad fadnavis good or bad udhav good or bad
I just don't care wrt politics
Coming work mva due to political friction with BJP stopped many central government infra works be it bullet train and also caused problem regarding expressway construction
Many state govt projects were halted but again started after halting it for 2years
Many central government projects were facing delays
One thing I appreciate of mva is they reduced time for land acquisition of residential towers but others nothing but u can say they also received good amt of fdi

jai jaganath

Country flag
Who is saying he is a savior
I don't know what other people say
What I meant is as the political friction btw centre and state has decreased the developmental projects will gain pace

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The International convention centre at Moshi, Pune, 400 acres.

images - 2022-08-06T124817.664.jpeg
images - 2022-08-06T124828.041.jpeg

Last edited:

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
See I am not saying shinde good or bad fadnavis good or bad udhav good or bad
I just don't care wrt politics
Coming work mva due to political friction with BJP stopped many central government infra works be it bullet train and also caused problem regarding expressway construction
Many state govt projects were halted but again started after halting it for 2years
Many central government projects were facing delays
One thing I appreciate of mva is they reduced time for land acquisition of residential towers but others nothing but u can say they also received good amt of fdi
No developmental project had been stalled. Its nothing but Urban myth.

Bullet train is not a critical infrastructure project from Maharashtra government POV. Still no analysis has been put forward how will/how much Maharashtra state benefit from bullet train project. If state is going to invest proper analysis on return on investment must be made available to public and politicians alike.
What critical projects have stalled by state government?

Expressway construction falls under preview of center. How is Maharashtra state blocking it?
Many central government projects were facing delays because center doesn't wants to complete these projects as their is non-BJP government in the state. This is an age old technique. If tomorrow Yogi government will loose power in UP then central projects will slow down and halt.

Many state govt projects were halted but again started after halting it for 2years -> What projects are you talking about?
The problem is BJP is not willing to negotiate and willing to give up on some of its demand. In politics one can't eat their cake and have it too.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
Who is saying he is a savior
I don't know what other people say
What I meant is as the political friction btw centre and state has decreased the developmental projects will gain pace
Some members are portraying him as a savior.
The reason why the so called developmental projects will gain pace is because current Maharashtra government is nothing more than a extension to centers order.

jai jaganath

Country flag
Some members are portraying him as a savior.
The reason why the so called developmental projects will gain pace is because current Maharashtra government is nothing more than a extension to centers order.
That's what I want to say as state is coinciding with centre the more benefits its gonna get but as a person living here would want that so many people support shinde here
That's it
Even that's the reason why I said development and incentives will good as compared to udhav govt
But if u speak wrt politics I am bloody happy the ncp moron pawar has gone he deserves nothing but hell

jai jaganath

Country flag
No developmental project had been stalled. Its nothing but Urban myth.

Bullet train is not a critical infrastructure project from Maharashtra government POV. Still no analysis has been put forward how will/how much Maharashtra state benefit from bullet train project. If state is going to invest proper analysis on return on investment must be made available to public and politicians alike.
What critical projects have stalled by state government?

Expressway construction falls under preview of center. How is Maharashtra state blocking it?
Many central government projects were facing delays because center doesn't wants to complete these projects as their is non-BJP government in the state. This is an age old technique. If tomorrow Yogi government will loose power in UP then central projects will slow down and halt.

Many state govt projects were halted but again started after halting it for 2years -> What projects are you talking about?
The problem is BJP is not willing to negotiate and willing to give up on some of its demand. In politics one can't eat their cake and have it too.
If u see array car shed case
It became political udhav supporting libtards and shinde against it
Although each of them have their benefits of taking sides
But as a citizen or a dfian knows that project is essential so who would u like to come
So there are small things which we know and people believe on that basis
And as far as I know if am wrong then correct me for land acquisition they do need support of local govt as there might be problem in future

IndianHawk

Country flag
You gotta set realistic aims at least and not do hawai baatein.
I will eat your socks if UP becomes 1 trillion economy in next 5 years.
It's a target with a roadmap being worked upon in consultation with one of the world's leading experts all professionals. It may sound hyperbolic but that's how radical transformation are pursued.

I remember when Modi announced 2022 renewable and solar targets in 2014 everyone laughed at 4 times higher targets than previous Targets . Yet he is almost there . Not exactly there but great mobilization and great results to show far.

Similarly with pm awas and toilet construction they set ridiculously ambitious targets to mobilize govt and they have achieved great results even when the fall short of exact targets.

Similar pattern with Gadkari highway construction target of 40 km highway per day . They may not achieve it but in pursuit of it they have doubled the speed of construction.

UP is going for same all out approach . Even if they fall way short they would have moved far ahead .

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
That's what I want to say as state is coinciding with centre the more benefits its gonna get but as a person living here would want that so many people support shinde here
That's it
Even that's the reason why I said development and incentives will good as compared to udhav govt
But if u speak wrt politics I am bloody happy the ncp moron pawar has gone he deserves nothing but hell
That is not how democracy works.
We are not PRC.
In democracy one has to always negotiate.
If one party gets all the say things end up like Sri Lanka Hambanthota port or international airport.

Even after all bullet train dancing we have not seen object analysis of bullet train.
Mumbai-Pune has more ridership than Mumbai-Ahmadabad yet no bullet train proposal.

Blademaster

What was the the lost time of mva? Where did they fail? What wrong policies did they enact?
I am getting hint of bias in your post.

Couple of months ago shinde was part of same MVA.
You kidding me??? They failed by basically halting any meaningful development or infrastructure work.

Blademaster

On the top of my head, Mumbai-Ahmedabad High-Speed Rail Project, Marathwada Water Grid Project, Nanar Refinery Project, Western Dedicated Freight Corridor, Mumbai-Nagpur-Angul Gas Pipeline Project, 173 km Pune Ring Road, Virar-Alibaug Multimodal Corridor and Damanganga Reservoir Project, among others.

Oh the Dharavi redevelopment.

Google search is your friend.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
On the top of my head, Mumbai-Ahmedabad High-Speed Rail Project, Marathwada Water Grid Project, Nanar Refinery Project, Western Dedicated Freight Corridor, Mumbai-Nagpur-Angul Gas Pipeline Project, 173 km Pune Ring Road, Virar-Alibaug Multimodal Corridor and Damanganga Reservoir Project, among others.

Oh the Dharavi redevelopment.

Google search is your friend.
Mumbai-Ahmedabad High-Speed Rail Project provides no benefit to state of Maharashtra
Marathwada Water Grid Project -> The MVA government has approved an initial amount of Rs 285 crore for the project.
Nanar Refinery Project -> Another site in the same taluka was identified after the MVA government came to power, however, this was also opposed by locals. Chief minister Uddhav Thackeray had, at the time, said that the project would be moved out of the Konkan region if need be. How us MVA delaying this?
Western Dedicated Freight Corridor -> Going as per schedule
Mumbai-Nagpur-Angul Gas Pipeline Project -> Land acquisation is the biggest problem. What MVA had to do with it? If anything Center is causing problems not state.
Pune Ring Road -> Land acquisition problem coupled with delay by center to release funds.
Dharavi redevelopment -> Do you even know the problem associated with Dharavi redevelopment or you are just pointing names for sake of criticizing.
Virar-Alibaug Multimodal Corridor -> Projects is under way. Such projects take time.

Damanganga Reservoir Project -> Don't know much about this project hence won't comment.

One needs to objective.
If we again discuss this in 2024 except for bullet none of the other projects would have made more progress.

Instead of having biased partisan view one must have objective view to any situation.

Physx32

Country flag
They should invest atleast a trillion rupees to develop mega textile parks inside the state, else all this is just another big fat jumla.
India has the potential to export at least $150B in textiles and provide employment to large number of people (especially women). China currently exports $260B and we should target that amount.
What will be the exterior colour of the new Vnade Bharat express trains?? Will it be the same as last one?? I didn't like the last one's colour much, the white and blue don't look much attractive. Colour of the new RRTS looks absolutely 😍
Colour will be decided by the route (for e.g. Rajdhani might get its iconic red livery). But paint quality will be much better:
Screenshot_20220806-144725_Drive.jpg

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles