Indian Economy: News and Discussion

Shuturmurg

Country flag
Phake Newj you anti-nashnul scamgressi!
Looks like we won't get into middle income trap, instead we will get into lower middle income trap !! :crying:

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
Madhya Pradesh: World's largest floating solar power plant to be built on Narmada's Omkareshwar Dam

Said to be the world's largest floating solar plant, the project is estimated to be worth over Rs. 3000 crores.

1659688236139.png

Highlights
  • A floating solar power plant is going to be built in Khandwa
  • The new plant will generate 600 Megawatt power by 2022-23
  • This will also increase the power generation capacity of the central state of MP

With an aim to increase the power generation capacity of the central state of Madhya Pradesh and address the electricity problems in the region, a floating solar power plant is going to be built in Khandwa which will generate 600 Megawatt power by 2022-23, informed the officials on Wednesday.

Said to be the world's largest floating solar plant, the project is estimated to be worth over Rs. 3000 crores.

"Omkareshwar Dam is built on the Narmada river. This is our hydel project and in this, we produce energy from water, but it is spread over about 100 square kilometres, there is a very large water body where the water level remains normal," Renewable Energy Department Principal Secretary Sanjay Dubey said.

Dubey also said that the change in water level in the area was nominal and it thus serves as a suitable site. "We will have a PPA of 300 MW. So we have given a little bit of leverage, may be a little more or less as per the requirement, so in total instead of 300, we are doing PPA in the first phase of 200 MW," he added. Dubey also highlighted that with the new floating solar plant, Khandwa will become the only district in Madhya Pradesh to have thermal power station, hydel and solar power.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

Kumata

Country flag
from last month but still.
=======
Wow. Excess liquidity is now only about 2.5 lakh crores! Has been over 5 lakh cr for a long time now, which is now coming down a lot.
So they are secrificing GROWTH ?

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
So they are secrificing GROWTH ?
RBI's mandate is inflation control, their mandate is 4-6 band, they are trying bring it back to those levels.

growth itself is not in RBI's mandate per say, that's industry's domain. facilitating the industry is RBI's and bank's mandate. if situation demands, banks will ask for more liquidity, RBI will facilitate with cash infusion.

another_armchair

Country flag
question was about lifestyle goods by kumata, i chose to reply with hot global topic of recession in news at the moment and so called advanced economies. go back and check the conversation you brought in singapore in to this, which yourself said was not comparable last month.
there is a limit to how much i can think like others mate. :truestory:

that's because inflation is mostly managed in India, look at other countries.
leave it, this discussion will go no where.
Quoted Singapore as an extreme example because their entire inflation basket is imported when compared to say EU or European countries taken individually some of which have at some form of self sufficiency in agriculture.

So where does the question of inflation in milk arise in India unless the diary industry shuts down tonight or the input cost(animal feed) rises by XXXX %.

My original response was to the false equivalences drawn by FM to Chadda's query.
This was in line with her earlier reply - Onion prices are high... 'mujhe nahi pata.. main pyaaz nahi khati'. One can interpret it the way they deem fit.

My question - What has demand and supply influence got to do with GST on milk and curd?

Oh wait.. we have to formalize our economy like _______________.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Quoted Singapore as an extreme example because their entire inflation basket is imported when compared to say EU or European countries taken individually some of which have at some form of self sufficiency in agriculture.

So where does the question of inflation in milk arise in India unless the diary industry shuts down tonight or the input cost(animal feed) rises by XXXX %.

My original response was to the false equivalences drawn by FM to Chadda's query.
This was in line with her earlier reply - Onion prices are high... 'mujhe nahi pata.. main pyaaz nahi khati'. One can interpret it the way they deem fit.

My question - What has demand and supply influence got to do with GST on milk and curd?

narrow it down mate, which part is addressed to me.

Reactions: SKC

SKC

Country flag
I know its one party state. Have family there. Its a benevolent dictatorship (as benevolent as a dictatorship can be).
And people accept it because people have seen their country go from lower middle income to one of the richest countries on earth in 50 years.
Deng took inspiration from SIngapore itself, for Chinas development.
They have three parties but only 1 party (of Lee Kuan Yew) has been in power since independence. For foreseeable future no other party will ever come into power there.

SKC

Country flag

Case of Singapore is highly specialized case. You just can not use it to explain problems or strength of other countries.
A city state like Singapore can go Dystopian or full utopian. But country as big as India (both population and landmass) will never be totally in one side. We will always be in middle section.

Kumata

Country flag
Nope, controlling inflation. More money in the market means more inflation
But that money is needed for projects / new investments also..

PS:- consider me as a noob on economic matters.. hence the question

karn

Country flag
While this increase in GST is cool and all. To put things in perspective.

For 2022-23, the fiscal deficit of the government is estimated to be Rs 16,61,196 crore.
I don't see how we will become a stable economy on such YOY deficits by the Govt.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles