Indian Economy: News and Discussion

IndianHawk

Country flag
We can eat into the market share for export to these countries as our exports will be cheaper but it all depends on how deep the recession is and how China deals with COVID as well.
Overall exports will go down with recession. It will be particularly severe in Europe . Good thing is domestic consumption plus investment will rise since India is the only bright spot in global darkness.

another_armchair

Country flag
ECB has raised rates but is also keeping the liquidity tap running so an imminent hard landing seems extreme commentary.

Depends on how long they can sustain the energy driven inflation.

Food wise, they should survive but how long can they hold themselves back from falling at Putin's feet and begging for gas?

jai jaganath

Country flag
Overall exports will go down with recession. It will be particularly severe in Europe . Good thing is domestic consumption plus investment will rise since India is the only bright spot in global darkness.
So exports may remain stagnant but imports will increase ?

Varzone

Tihar Jail
Banned
A recession is coming

So the main part if my prediction turns out to be true will I be treated same as Rajan is/was treated /jk
Look at the bigger picture - germany was driving EU, it's 30% of their GDP. Heavily reliant on globalisation but weak macro trends (no cheap credit/ no cheap crude/ weakening Chinese demand)
All other EU states have small peepee.

Countries like US which only have 10% GDP dependent on export will fare better.

20220805_040033.jpg

20220805_035933.png

Whatever

Country flag
What will be the exterior colour of the new Vnade Bharat express trains?? Will it be the same as last one?? I didn't like the last one's colour much, the white and blue don't look much attractive. Colour of the new RRTS looks absolutely 😍

DEV1729

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
The recent increase in mechanized imports could be due to massive amounts of Oil that we had bought from Russia.
Also Palm oil that we are buying from ASEAN.
Why cant we replace palm oil import and turn andaman nicobar as palm oil forests.Or turn highways into oil planting scheme.

IndianHawk

Country flag
Why cant we replace palm oil import and turn andaman nicobar as palm oil forests.Or turn highways into oil planting scheme.
Telangana is working on palm cultivation . Palm trees require too much water. Telangana now has capability.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

Kumata

Country flag
HRZD Ragav Chanda schooled by FM.

Moron was last seen waging fingers on GST levied on local hotels around Golden Temple Amritsar.

What if demand stay same, than govt gets higher taxes ....he is not entirely incorrect either. Remember GST is levied as Percentage of MRP.

Rest, I agree. typically demand goes down with inflation but it depends on lot of factors. For eg.. Daily use items.. Irrespective of inflation, people will buy them and govt makes more in GST.

Another example is cars ...OEM's are raising prices by 1 % to 3% each quarter because there is a huge demand. waiting periods for a normal car is in 6 -9 months and likes of XUV 700 have a 1-2 years waiting, So despite inflation...people are buying .

Obviously there are factors at play but i see it wrong that Tai is mocking him. She shud be thanking the god that she did not faced headwinds like her predecessor & had a smooth sailing so far.

without going into merit.., for Golden temple goes... I think he was objecting to GST being imposed in Sarai run by SGPC near Golden temple... I have stayed in such many times.. and the revenue helps in them being self sufficient and charges are very nominal...

karn

Country flag
Telangana is working on palm cultivation . Palm trees require too much water. Telangana now has capability.

Chads .. Despite palm being water intensive .. it isn't more water intensive than paddy ..
But Telangana needs to prepare for the flood of kanglus that will actually do the harvesting.
Total import is 9.5 million tonnes. Telengana is only planning for an output of 4 million tonnes .. Other water rich states should pitch in.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles