Indian Economy: News and Discussion

NutCracker

Country flag
Shall our govt allow the operation of AliExpress to resume in India ?

I believe banning that is hampering more to our forex.screenshot-www.aliexpress.com-2022.07.30-11_05_56.png

My laptop battery is 40% dead. I could charge laptop 2X with my powerbank using 200rs dongle, but this Lodu govt has banned the import which helps end to end consumer.

I have options to buy another battery or laptop which will again come from Chingchong land and cost me 5K - 40k.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag

I believe banning that is hampering more to our forex.View attachment 165851

My laptop battery is 40% dead. I could charge laptop 2X with my powerbank using 200rs dongle, but this Lodu govt has banned the import which helps end to end consumer.

I have options to buy another battery or laptop which will again come from Chingchong land and cost me 5K - 40k.
Seriously I agree, I could get pens and other stationary cheaply from chene

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member

As an user who regularly purchased industrial goods from Aliexpress I really hope governments removes the ban on Aliexpress.

This ban on Aliexpress sounds more than a national security measure a political appeasement measure to favor traders.

This ban has increased profits for middleman traders at expense to end user.

Its high time this ban is lifted.

P.S. I don't think with Aliexpress CCP can still much of my data other than
  1. Name and Address
  2. Browse history
  3. Purchase history
  4. Payment history
I am okay with them having this information.

Last edited:

sauntheninja

Country flag
I could get industrial machines, different type of meters, electronic modules/components and semiconductor parts.
Earlier the part I can buy for ₹5,000 are sold by these importers/traders for around ₹10,000.
Traders anyway sell Chinese stuff so what's the ban even supposed to do still hardly see any made in India stuff in the markets everything is from china

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
one angle is the one which has been explained above, which was printing of excess liquidity in the name of quantitative easing.

the other side though not accepted by muricans is that they have a supply side issue, lockdowns in china and high fuel prices are impacting the supply, supply down - demand up (due to savings made by people during lockdown) and as a result inflation up, when inflation up people pick and choose where to spend, which in turn is effecting GDP growth.
@Rxbanda
India's side of the story
=========
Amidst the US recession, #Thread to understand how India was +vely different in its Covid policy.@paulkrugman says "Take it as given that large fiscal stimulus and Fed complacency allowed the U.S. economy to get overheated."

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
PM Modi inaugurated the India International Bullion Exchange and IFSCA Headquarters at GIFT IFSC, Gandhinagar city.

A lot of new projects have started coming up in GIFT
1659169037475.png
1659169172397.png
1659169210136.png
1659169233117.png

Along with multiple highrise commercial and residential projects from Shilp and Shivalik, renders yet to be released, this year saw a lot of investments into projects from private companies.

Apart from that the metro train connectivity to Gandhinagar will be complete in less than 2 years, to be inaugurated in 2024 Q1. Which means more and more investments in new projects.

Last edited:

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
where can i find this speech that gautam is referring to? the one shri aurobindo wrote for Maharajah of Baroda in 1902 on Industrialisation of India.
=======

Rxbanda

Country flag
@Rxbanda
India's side of the story
=========
Amidst the US recession, #Thread to understand how India was +vely different in its Covid policy.@paulkrugman says "Take it as given that large fiscal stimulus and Fed complacency allowed the U.S. economy to get overheated."

Thank you sir.
Actually I didn't frame my question about properly the other day. I do have some understanding of why the inflation is happening in US and GDP contracting. What I don't getis why USD is increasing so much. For example, USD is in 20 year high compared to Euro). While other members did answer to some extent, would appreciate more answers in this regard. Thanks.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Thank you sir.
Actually I didn't frame my question about properly the other day. I do have some understanding of why the inflation is happening in US and GDP contracting. What I don't getis why USD is increasing so much. For example, USD is in 20 year high compared to Euro). While other members did answer to some extent, would appreciate more answers in this regard. Thanks.
answer was in Indian context, but applies generally.
surely there will be more explanations out there.

couple of aspects we need to remember is that, in our scenario India is just one of the players in the game, USD itself is a commodity. when fed raises their interest rates USD will try to move back to U.S. there by creating shortage outside U.S, there by increasing demand. now with countries failing economically due to shortage of USD supply, these countries will be willing to pay more to get USD. imbalancing the equation even further.

which means RBI has to incentivise USD to be available for domestic consumption, which explains forex drop. by the way what that UBS report said is a calculated guess, they don't actually know if RBI has indeed spent 40 billion $ forex on exchange rate.

from the govt side, things like ethanol blending, nano urea (to name a few) are all forex saving measures, in effect means that in absence of these measures more USD would have gone out.

Kumata

Country flag
What I don't getis why USD is increasing so much. For example, USD is in 20 year high compared to Euro). While other members did answer to some extent, would appreciate more answers in this regard. Thanks.
Basics of any thing which is getting traded in exchanges... Bullion , stocks , commodities & reason i hate these exchanges.

It is pure demand and supply which decides the prices. It have nothing to do with ground realities. USD being reserve currency for trade globally is always in demand and fed used to maintain enough supply to keep it going and prize stabilized in a range. With the Inflation rising & fed increasing Interest rates, this money is getting sucked out of system causing shortage in market. Naturally demand is as it is so traders are quoting higher for USD...

Economist on forum may throw more light but that's basics as for as i can understand.

RedPhantom

Country flag

Aliexpress is not banned, only the site is blocked. The sellers on Aliexpress directly ship the products via post, so it's impossible to completely ban it, unless the government bans all postage from China all-together.

I still regularly buy phone cases and usb adapters from there without any problems. All you need is a VPN or proxy (like 1.1.1.1) to by-pass the blocking and then you can use the site normally.

NutCracker

Country flag
Aliexpress is not banned, only the site is blocked. The sellers on Aliexpress directly ship the products via post, so it's impossible to completely ban it, unless the government bans all postage from China all-together.

I still regularly buy phone cases and usb adapters from there without any problems. All you need is a VPN or proxy (like 1.1.1.1) to by-pass the blocking and then you can use the site normally.
Website works for me . But on "place order" page i get message that

"due to logistics issuees , this service is unavailable in your region at the moment".

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
PM Modi inaugurated the India International Bullion Exchange and IFSCA Headquarters at GIFT IFSC, Gandhinagar city.

A lot of new projects have started coming up in GIFT
View attachment 165863View attachment 165865View attachment 165866View attachment 165867

Along with multiple highrise commercial and residential projects from Shilp and Shivalik, renders yet to be released, this year saw a lot of investments into projects from private companies.

Apart from that the metro train connectivity to Gandhinagar will be complete in less than 2 years, to be inaugurated in 2024 Q1. Which means more and more investments in new projects.
Ya'll Nibbiars This projects were announced way back. And many are not even started why are you posting one news now?.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member

If the website and app is banned/blocked how do you expect people to buy from the website.
Ordinary population can't use VPN.
Shipping to India is also currently not available on Aliexpress.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles