Indian Economy: News and Discussion

Country flag
This is not VB-3 but the next generation of Talgo Avril trains. IR and their departments will take 2000 years to design anything close to this.
Man I shared the link. Please watch it & then comment. 🙏

It was Ashwini Vardhaman who shared the image of Vande-3. And as per his statement "The design has already been done, tender has been floated. And the tender will be finalized by Dec 22"

indus

Living in Post Truth
Country flag
Seems to be extremely congested. This will fail spectacularly like the double decker coaches.
The orange-red color design looks similar to existing double decker coaches plying on few select routes like Indore-Bhopal. Its not so congested as it looks. They have removed the seats in the lower compartment to store goods while people can sit in the above. May prove successfull if executed properly

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
FDI Inflow Into India Was Highest-Ever At Rs 6.31 Lakh Crore In 2021-22; Know Why

India has received its highest-ever FDI inflow of Rs 6,31,050 crore in the financial year 2021-22. Further, FDI equity inflow in the manufacturing sector increased to Rs 1,58,332 crore in 2021-22 from Rs 89,766 crore (FY2020-21), which is an increase of 76 per cent, according to an official statement.

Singapore, which accounted for 27.01 per cent of FDI inflows, and the US (17.94 per cent) have emerged as the top-2 sourcing nations in FDI equity flows into India in FY2021-22, followed by Mauritius (15.98 per cent), Netherland (7.86 per cent) and Switzerland (7.31 per cent). According to the UNCTAD World Investment Report (WIR) 2022, in its analysis of the global trends in FDI inflows, India has improved one position to seventh rank among the top 20 host economies for 2021. Here’s are the steps the government has taken to boost FDI inflows into India:

The commerce and industry ministry said in a statement that India’s monetary and fiscal policies have been positioned to lowering inflation and managing the current account deficit (CAD). Under this overarching framework, monetary and fiscal adjustments are done to address emerging economic issues.

Further, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has undertaken several measures to enhance forex inflows:

1) Exemption of incremental Foreign Currency Non-Resident (Bank) [FCNR(B)] and Non-Resident (External) Rupee (NRE) deposits from cash reserve ratio (CRR) and statutory liquidity ratio (SLR);

2) Permission to banks to raise fresh FCNR(B) and NRE deposits without reference to the extant regulations on interest rates until end-October 2022;

3) Inclusion of all new issuances of government securities (G-Secs) of 7-year and 14-year tenures under the fully accessible route (FAR) for FPls;

4) Exemption of investments by FPls in G-Secs and corporate debt made till October 31, 2022, from short-term limit;

5) Allowing FPI in commercial paper and non-convertible debentures with an original maturity of up to one year;

6) Temporary increase in the limit for external commercial borrowings (ECBs) under the automatic route from $750 million or its equivalent per financial year to $1.5 billion;

7) Increase in the all-in cost ceiling under the ECB framework by 100 basis points, subject to the borrower being of investment grade rating; and

8) Permission to AD Cat-I banks to utilise overseas foreign currency borrowings for lending in foreign currency to entities for a wider set of end-use purposes, besides exports.

The government also put in place a policy for attracting foreign direct investment (FDI), wherein most sectors, except certain strategically important sectors, are open for 100 per cent FDI under the automatic route. Subject to the provisions of the FDI Policy, foreign investment in the ‘manufacturing’ sector is under automatic route.

Although FDI saw an inflow of Rs 6,31,050 crore, foreign portfolio investors witnessed an outflow of Rs 1,22,239.83 crore in 2021-22. The outflow was due to the global uncertainty, which led to investors moving to the US for safe-haven investments. It was aggravated by Russia-Ukraine war.

Coalmine

Country flag
Dunno about now .. But back in 2018 only BSNL had signal in all of Ladakh. Most soldiers have a BSNL number mostly for this reason.
I have a bsnl number as second sim. Normal jio, airtel are too costly now.
I think 20billion dollar for bsnl may be fake or can be withdrawn.
This may be like those numerous fake orders for armed forces that keep coming in news.

Roshan

Country flag
In India the most premium asset is land. If you are not worried about liquidity go for real estate. No matter how small a plot or farm one can get.

Real estate in India is still relatively cheaper compared for what is to come specially just outside cities. Our cities will swell massively with urbanization.

My father bought a small plot for my sister in a farm near our colony. Very undeveloped area then only few houses.
It's been 15 years now . And the same plot has appreciated at least 10 times in those years.

Similarly my father bought some agricultural land (5 acre) approx 4 km away from our house in nearby village at price of 1 lakh per acre back in 2001-02.

Now our small city is expanding all around and that 5 acre agricultural land is now all real estate for housing and priced in sq footage. 400-500 rs sq feet are going rate. Which means it's atleast a million dollar property now. And it's yet to develop fully . In next 15-20 years of will become prime real estate and might appreciate 10 times more if shivji smiles on us. ( We got that with luck after mom worshipped bhole nath as father failed to purchase another land ).

Get whatever piece of land you could get lads.
Land investment around cities has a risk of encroachment by land mafia around it even when you fence and demarcate the land. Ordinary white collar city folk can't deal with them that easily if they manage to grab and claim what is rightfully yours even when you have the paperwork to prove it with all the poltical clout on their side. Khosla ka ghosla movie is quite true to how it plays out in real life.
My dad and my uncle bought a parcel of land in what was then a very out of the way remote place called Ranjangaon in Punes outskirts in 1987. They had pretty much given up the land for lost after not bothering to go and check up on it when they found that it was still there in their name in 2009 and promptly sold it off.

IndianHawk

Country flag
Land investment around cities has a risk of encroachment by land mafia around it even when you fence and demarcate the land. Ordinary white collar city folk can't deal with them that easily if they manage to grab and claim what is rightfully yours even when you have the paperwork to prove it with all the poltical clout on their side. Khosla ka ghosla movie is quite true to how it plays out in real life.
My dad and my uncle bought a parcel of land in what was then a very out of the way remote place called Ranjangaon in Punes outskirts in 1987. They had pretty much given up the land for lost after not bothering to go and check up on it when they found that it was still there in their name in 2009 and promptly sold it off.
Land records are digitised now so it's much less risk. But yes you should be in close proximity of land you buy so you can check it once in a while for encroachment.

IndianHawk

Country flag
It will be revised down further. With strong dollar US exports will tank , tanking the GDP further in next quarter.

Anyway the real recession is building up in eurozone where energy prices are breaking all records on forward contracts and German industries are shutting down due to lack of gas. Plus there is energy rationing coming for winter.
It will be massive recession in eurozone. ECB is clueless and Italy is under enormous debt . Ukraine has suckered europe into depression.

Silver lining india may overtake germany faster than expected as fourth largest nominal GDP as Euro is falling fast and crisis is only beginning. Yen isn't performing any better .
As I was saying about German economy.

notaname

Country flag
The orange-red color design looks similar to existing double decker coaches plying on few select routes like Indore-Bhopal. Its not so congested as it looks. They have removed the seats in the lower compartment to store goods while people can sit in the above. May prove successfull if executed properly
Indore-Bhopal double decker has been shut down for years now. It was not economical as the timings for train were way off the requirement.

P.S. I really miss that train, now for Indore-Bhopal route there is only one good train - Intercity express which also takes too much time. :smash:

Last edited:

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
Indore-Bhopal double decker has been shut down for years now. It was not economical as the timings for train were way off to the requirement.

P.S. I really miss that train, now for Indore-Bhopal route there is only one good train - Intercity express which also takes too much time. :smash:
Mumbai-Ahmadabad Double Decker is working in full swing.

karn

Country flag
Wow. So ET got pawned too or is he downplaying it?

Yesterday there was a report of week long lockdown at Ola factory because of unsold inventory.

Today talks of merger.

Chal kya raha hai?
Softbank is a major investor in both of them .. They have been trying for years to get Ubers overseas divisions merged with other softbank backed ride sharing companies.

another_armchair

Country flag
Softbank is a major investor in both of them .. They have been trying for years to get Ubers overseas divisions merged with other softbank backed ride sharing companies.
The founders own <12% shares.

If Kalanick can be ousted, Bhavish shouldn't be indispensable either.

Country flag
Wow. So ET got pawned too or is he downplaying it?

Yesterday there was a report of week long lockdown at Ola factory because of unsold inventory.

Today talks of merger.

Chal kya raha hai?
Rivel lobbies playing their cards maybe.

Ola is getting a lot of Media attention lately & the last time I checked they were struggling to meet the demand on time.

They opened a huge R&D center. Launch their own Li- batteries & received clearance for PLI for the same.

Seems they are on the right trajectory.

tribendra bisoi..

Country flag

Ola is getting a lot of Media attention lately & the the last time I checked they were struggling to meet the demand on time.

They opened a huge R&D center. Launch their own Li- batteries & received clearance for PLI for the same.
Yeah some kind of campaign is going on against them for some time . Looking at social media i can say . I stopped ranting anything against OLA after noticing it . At the end of the day its a local company of india .

another_armchair

Country flag

Ola is getting a lot of Media attention lately & the last time I checked they were struggling to meet the demand on time.

Seems they are on the right trajectory.
Maybe one of the investors or founder(s) too wants to get rid of the ride hailing business and channel money and energy on the EV business.

The Ola S1 Pro is probably as good or as bad as its competitor but given that one can extract at least 80+ kms after a full charge is good for the city daily commute of ~50 kms leaving enough juice for the late evening spin.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles