Indian Economy: News and Discussion

karn

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars This is the lawless wild wild west Noida. Many don't want to go into a register agreement in order to save some money and stuck with this. I still don't understand why people like Kumata Nibba but house in the Tofu buildings. Their construction quality are worst in the country.

Yep.. greater Noida has comedy levels of constructions vs demand
So glad our house sold :bplease:

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars Tofu building's of India. The Mleechas has it in the every city. And we have this located mostly in Noida.

Kumata

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars This is the lawless wild wild west Noida. Many don't want to go into a register agreement in order to save some money and stuck with this. I still don't understand why people like Kumata Nibba but house in the Tofu buildings. Their construction quality are worst in the country.

why r u taking pot shots on me for nothing... have nothing to do with these shit building where only pigeons fly...

Kumata

Country flag
happens when u have too much paper money and nowhere to keep it.. better build concrete jungles in the hope that there will be demand for these...

Many r hoping on jewar airport, prices have doubled in the hope without zero demand.. greed I had say... but I know it will take atleast 2 decades for it to be mainstream and even more to be able to draw traffic equal to IGI..

I see it as more of a cargo one.. than people one..that too will be forced by govt...

karn

Country flag
happens when u have too much paper money and nowhere to keep it.. better build concrete jungles in the hope that there will be demand for these...

Many r hoping on jewar airport, prices have doubled in the hope without zero demand.. greed I had say... but I know it will take atleast 2 decades for it to be mainstream and even more to be able to draw traffic equal to IGI..

I see it as more of a cargo one.. than people one..that too will be forced by govt...
Our broker assures us that the impact of jewar airport has already been priced in.
IGI is packed to insane levels .. So many people travel outside delhi after landing there . People will definitely use jewar.

IndianHawk

Country flag
It was -1.6 in June. July has been marginally better at -0.9.

View attachment 165669
It will be revised down further. With strong dollar US exports will tank , tanking the GDP further in next quarter.

Anyway the real recession is building up in eurozone where energy prices are breaking all records on forward contracts and German industries are shutting down due to lack of gas. Plus there is energy rationing coming for winter.
It will be massive recession in eurozone. ECB is clueless and Italy is under enormous debt . Ukraine has suckered europe into depression.

Silver lining india may overtake germany faster than expected as fourth largest nominal GDP as Euro is falling fast and crisis is only beginning. Yen isn't performing any better .

IndianHawk

Country flag
Ashwini Vardhaman just revealed the new Vande 3 train.

Hybrid Freight & Passenger train.

A lot more details on the Freight EMU based on Vande bharat. Vande 2 are also available.
This is what we actually need on mass scale. We can't afford 350kmph bullets beyond certain corridors. But we need those 180-220 kmph trains connecting all major cities. Even if avg speed of Indian railways is increased to 150 kmph per hour it will revolutionize traveling in India.

Kumata

Country flag
Our broker assures us that the impact of jewar airport has already been priced in.
IGI is packed to insane levels .. So many people travel outside delhi after landing there . People will definitely use jewar.
Broker need to make a sale and he did .

Agree, IGI is bit choked up because it handles Cargo traffic too. With the movement of cargo to jewar, it will open up many slots. Delhi is not a Hub like DXB or Doha per se. Thats why lots of industrial parks are coming in greater noida...

Unless they build a direct connectivity between IGI & jewar like metro or something.. i suspect..

IndianHawk

Country flag
Regarding BSNL . It's not just money for 4g 5g. More importantly BBNL is being merged with BSNL. Which means all the fibre optical network which connects whole of India. ( Target was to cover every village with this).

This network needs to stay with government for emergency, war , control. Besides increasing 4g 5g network at borders and remote areas .

Thus this is of critical importance for now.

IndianHawk

Country flag
This is very important after Goldman scandal where the manipulated gold prices.

Since India is the largest consumption market for gold it should have the exchange for price discovery.

We need to similarly wrestle away all commodities exchanges from West and double down on financial exchanges too.

Kumata

Country flag
Regarding BSNL . It's not just money for 4g 5g. More importantly BBNL is being merged with BSNL. Which means all the fibre optical network which connects whole of India. ( Target was to cover every village with this).

This network needs to stay with government for emergency, war , control. Besides increasing 4g 5g network at borders and remote areas .

Thus this is of critical importance for now.
BBNL was a separate entity anyways. they have just managed to connect highways only.. Last mile is still a challenge..As for armed forces goes, they already own their own fibres too in addition to BBNL & than we have Railtel too in the mix.

Why merge it with BSNL and waste exchequer...Anyways Babus are to reture shortly.. let them retire and bear their pensions for whole life...

Kumata

Country flag
This is very important after Goldman scandal where the manipulated gold prices.

Since India is the largest consumption market for gold it should have the exchange for price discovery.

We need to similarly wrestle away all commodities exchanges from West and double down on financial exchanges too.
right.. Problem with such exchanges is that they are prone to price manipulations and do not necessarily reflect the ground value of the commodity...it might end up stoking one more gold man... anyways minimum is 100 GB trade so normal joes liike us anyways cannot afford...

indus

Living in Post Truth
Country flag

I dont get it. How the fk does the SC hear cases like this days after being filed while millions of other cases are not solved after decades. Someone seriously needs to put these milords in their place
The cases are put up on register and it's upto the Mi-Lards to decide the importance. Discretionary power at play. There is a duty roster but which judge gets which case is also done on random basis. I.e without any accountability

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
BBNL was a separate entity anyways. they have just managed to connect highways only.. Last mile is still a challenge..As for armed forces goes, they already own their own fibres too in addition to BBNL & than we have Railtel too in the mix.

Why merge it with BSNL and waste exchequer...Anyways Babus are to reture shortly.. let them retire and bear their pensions for whole life...
-for last mile, current plan seems to be similar to our cable tv operators in 90's. it's a self-employment type scheme, one operator will be responsible for a village landline broadband type concept.

- this Bharatnet is not just about giving internet connection to homes, it is also about "backhaul" for 4G & 5G. my understanding is that 5G capabilities are only as good as backhaul capacity. i am yet to dive into what exactly this backhaul concept means technically.

IndianHawk

Country flag
right.. Problem with such exchanges is that they are prone to price manipulations and do not necessarily reflect the ground value of the commodity...it might end up stoking one more gold man... anyways minimum is 100 GB trade so normal joes liike us anyways cannot afford...
In India the most premium asset is land. If you are not worried about liquidity go for real estate. No matter how small a plot or farm one can get.

Real estate in India is still relatively cheaper compared for what is to come specially just outside cities. Our cities will swell massively with urbanization.

My father bought a small plot for my sister in a farm near our colony. Very undeveloped area then only few houses.
It's been 15 years now . And the same plot has appreciated at least 10 times in those years.

Similarly my father bought some agricultural land (5 acre) approx 4 km away from our house in nearby village at price of 1 lakh per acre back in 2001-02.

Now our small city is expanding all around and that 5 acre agricultural land is now all real estate for housing and priced in sq footage. 400-500 rs sq feet are going rate. Which means it's atleast a million dollar property now. And it's yet to develop fully . In next 15-20 years of will become prime real estate and might appreciate 10 times more if shivji smiles on us. ( We got that with luck after mom worshipped bhole nath as father failed to purchase another land ).

Get whatever piece of land you could get lads.

Physx32

Country flag
Ashwini Vardhaman just revealed the new Vande 3 train.
This is not VB-3 but the next generation of Talgo Avril trains. IR and their departments will take 2000 years to design anything close to this.
Hybrid Freight & Passenger train.

A lot more details on the Freight EMU based on Vande bharat. Vande 2 are also available.
Seems to be extremely congested. This will fail spectacularly like the double decker coaches.

Kumata

Country flag
-for last mile, current plan seems to be similar to our cable tv operators in 90's. it's a self-employment type scheme, one operator will be responsible for a village landline broadband type concept.
You are 100% on-spot here and this is where BSNL is getting bricks from end users like me. These Local last mile operators are typically connected politically or have some arrangeemnt. Naturally, they are getting their commisions without doing much. Happened in my case where they refused since it involved repairing copper cables and they want me bear the cost. When i raised with BBNK for fibre, it wa same guys again and said they had to lay 4-5 kms of cables & they will not do it.

Agree, there is not much demand but this is a one time cost for lifetime. how they exoect people to subscribe when they don,t show them, sell them , show them the benefits.

- this Bharatnet is not just about giving internet connection to homes, it is also about "backhaul" for 4G & 5G. my understanding is that 5G capabilities are only as good as backhaul capacity. i am yet to dive into what exactly this backhaul concept means technically.
At the moment, BBNL is connecting panchayats primarily. Have seen the POP in my Panchayat ghar with their racks, modem etc .

For 4 G and 5 G , you need Fibre for cheap high speed but there are other options like MW available .. MW gets used in hills typically since Line of sight is clear and sites sit high..

Last edited:

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
why r u taking pot shots on me for nothing... have nothing to do with these shit building where only pigeons fly...
Ya'll Nibbiars because you come to Mind whenever noida comes ups. Aur aapka pata nahi par aapka naam yaad ata hai.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles