Indian Economy: News and Discussion

Blademaster

Seems like so or may be He is obsessed with JNU auntie and she for sure likes the babu's in south block ..At the end of day she is reaching her targets of collections...and that's what matter.. near election.. they will go to old formula or Porkiland or get few inbreds arrested for trying to kill Kaka..way too predictable :D
Check out CrazywithMath's post regarding the GST. You need to be patient and wait for the other side of the story before passing judgment.

Blademaster

Hydrogen vehicles require tanks bigger than cng vehicles as hydrogen has a very low compression ratio. It is also messy to store and transport and there is no incentive to spend energy creating it in an already energy deficient country like India. All major manufacturers are betting big on electric, so an electric revolution is somewhat inevitable. Let's not go against the current (pun intended) now.

Hydrogen trucks and buses do make great sense though, instead of sinking billions on short range high cost electric buses like we are doing now, we should have gone for hydrogen vehicles.
and it is extremely hard to contain hydrogen gas. Hydrogen by virtue of being the smallest atom can leak through any material even metal. Hydrogen makes the metal brittle making long term storage a risky proposition. There are many issues with having hydrogen as a fuel especially when it comes to storing hydrogen.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Transparent and accessible to all BUT with the strings of Bureaucrats and lifafa culture.

Corrected it there. :troll:
Hence MSME who don't have the right connection get fucked more or less.
The day afsars stop expecting lifafa for every small thing is the day we can really hope for a bright economy.

OFBkaRakhwala

Country flag
Look, r&d is something that forms the backbone of a company and those who have it; have it! The rest are basically doing baniyabaji; no amount of incentives will put them into r&d.

Google has that backbone. So does Microsoft. So does Adobe. So does Amazon. So do Texas instru, Intel, Qualcomm, Apple, Facebook, Hp, Dell and countless others. Tatas, with all their flaws, have it. So do M&M and Bharat Forge. Not to forget the new age drone and defense tech startups.

Does Reliance have it? Adani? Birlas? Jindals? Nope! Do they lack money? No? Then?

I had the fortune of visiting the biggest r&d centre of a certain tech giant during my postdoc in the US; by simply stepping inside you would feel the passion of the folks who dedicate their lives into it. Tech giants spend millions just to attract such people. Then throw billions into actual projects; some of those projects, very often, run late (just like how our LCA Tejas project ran late) and some of them are utter failures. Even amongst the projects that are indeed successful, very few make into actual marketable products/tech and amongst them a few ultimately clicks in the market. Do these companies cry rivers after every failure? Nope! Rather, they double down on their next project.

This is exactly why tech based companies often require state support and years to break even.
Bhai kuch bhi? Your idea of RandD is tech but you use traditional corporation as a example for no RandD. They do their research in the their respective traditional fields. Reliance industries Jio has its own RandD and they were working on the 5G equipments also they bought many startups and hence their RandD became theirs. Adanis have minimal presence in tech fields to give any examples. Jindals main biz Is steel ffs.

Knowitall

Good news... Jnu tais vasooli for quarter have increased by 24 %.. Baba aaj khush honge..now budget for Chai biskoot meeting increased... 😂

I have been thinking is the increase in tax collections the result of a wider tax base or the over taxing of existing base.

Kumata

Country flag
Check out CrazywithMath's post regarding the GST. You need to be patient and wait for the other side of the story before passing judgment.
Which Side..One being mis-managed by Babu's in finance or commerce ministry????

Kumata

Country flag
Hence MSME who don't have the right connection get fucked more or less.
The day afsars stop expecting lifafa for every small thing is the day we can really hope for a bright economy.
The SBI manager in my local village was after my young bro to give him MSME loan. Since i maintain good relations , He called me to help him..

ultimately, for MSME loan, bro will end up paying 18% as interest overall and what ever limit he gets, it will have certain strings attached with some % as charges for maintaining that overdraft limit. instead he went for a PL on my name from SBI @9.35% reducing interest with no processing fee.

Babus as always think they are clever but alas... some body shud tell me why wud i pay 18% when i can have same money for 9.35% reducing..on top, Lifafa was separate....

Kumata

Country flag
I have been thinking is the increase in tax collections the result of a wider tax base or the over taxing of existing base.
Think it;s the case of existing getting milked more.

With the implementation of TIS, existing payers are being made to pay for everything where ever a TDS was Paid ..Insurance, Loans, Cars purchases, Stocks, MF's investments, Banks interest rates, HRA ....

While those dealing in Cash are :hehe::hehe:

Knowitall

Think it;s the case of existing getting milked more.

With the implementation of TIS, existing payers are being made to pay for everything where ever a TDS was Paid ..Insurance, Loans, Cars purchases, Stocks, MF's investments, Banks interest rates, HRA ....

While those dealing in Cash are :hehe::hehe:
I was thinking the same thing.

If there is a increase in tax base every year we would eventually reach a threshold where we would have enough people under the net to stabilize or lower prices across the board.

Over taxing the same lot reeks of short term cash grab with no actual plan for the future and is just setting up the govt for failure.

Eventually the common man will have enough and the chickens will come home to roost.

Crazywithmath

Country flag
Bhai kuch bhi? Your idea of RandD is tech but you use traditional corporation as a example for no RandD. They do their research in the their respective traditional fields. Reliance industries Jio has its own RandD and they were working on the 5G equipments also they bought many startups and hence their RandD became theirs. Adanis have minimal presence in tech fields to give any examples. Jindals main biz Is steel ffs.
I gave examples of tech giants because that is the vertical I am involved in; also you don't have to be a tech giant to spend on r&d. While companies involved in software, pharmaceuticals, biotech, electronics, semiconductors etc are indeed r&d heavy, Manufacturing companies spend a median 1.25% of their revenues on r&d in the US. Here is the standardized S&P 500 data for 2017-2020;

Screenshot_20220726-181146_Chrome.jpg

While India Inc spent 0.9% of their revenue on R&D in FY 2019-20.

Here is industry-wise breakdown of S&P 500 for 2020;

Screenshot_20220726-181349_Chrome.jpg

Don't think I wrote anything even remotely controversial in my last post.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Obviously caution advised since this is from bloomberg.
======
Sometimes Zero is good .

View attachment 165380

NZ is very unstable now. The macros are strong but being an Island nation, GDP static and an exhaustive export product list many micro factors may play a spoilsport.

India as we have been defending, as we have been reading correctly is most stable now.

Thanks to detoxification by placing check on informal economy and very perceptive and honest hands on approach of the government. The long and short term dividends will keep pouring in without serous hinderances.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles