Indian Economy: News and Discussion

RedPhantom

Country flag
Guys i have some radical thought .

Electric cars can't be future . precious metal mining , low range. It will need secondary electricity source to charge during night time.

In next 10 years Ambani and Adani should collaborate and implement Hydrogen fuel system across whole India.

Adani Power will supply electricity via solar plants to Ambani , who is working on Hydrogen fuel . Means convert water into Hydrogen and oxygen.

Easy(I guess) transportation. High energy density.
Warm your house, run your car , run generators . No harmful batteries.

India Supa power 💪 💀🤷‍♂️
How is the proposal ? ?
Hydrogen vehicles require tanks bigger than cng vehicles as hydrogen has a very low compression ratio. It is also messy to store and transport and there is no incentive to spend energy creating it in an already energy deficient country like India. All major manufacturers are betting big on electric, so an electric revolution is somewhat inevitable. Let's not go against the current (pun intended) now.

Hydrogen trucks and buses do make great sense though, instead of sinking billions on short range high cost electric buses like we are doing now, we should have gone for hydrogen vehicles.

OFBkaRakhwala

Country flag

Electric cars can't be future . precious metal mining , low range. It will need secondary electricity source to charge during night time.

In next 10 years Ambani and Adani should collaborate and implement Hydrogen fuel system across whole India.

Adani Power will supply electricity via solar plants to Ambani , who is working on Hydrogen fuel . Means convert water into Hydrogen and oxygen.

India Supa power 💪 💀🤷‍♂️
How is the proposal ? ?
Both already have plans for hydrogen and the govt was pushing too but the issue is the carbon footprint stil exists for the hydrogen and it's bigger than the rare earth mineral mining

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag

India Supa power 💪 💀🤷‍♂️
How is the proposal ? ?
Bhery bhery gud prapozal, but it bhont heppun becoj shupa powa tonty tonty haj already been acheevd, henss bhery much pasibul thet bhee bhill naat be ebul tu suckseed.

tribendra bisoi..

Country flag
We often forget that H2 is a highly flammable gas. In a hot climate like our with poor infra.. u dont want to mess ..
It might work in a scenario where you dont own your gas container like your household LPG cylinder . Same thing can work for aluminum air battery . Just attach a new cell in a petrol pump and move on . It ll be great for trucks , buses running on regular route .

Varzone

Tihar Jail
Banned

India Supa power 💪 💀🤷‍♂️
How is the proposal ? ?
wow what a relevation....

Crazywithmath

Country flag
Apologies, in corporate sector, we do some thing called risk assessment and plan for next 10 years .. clearly defining the expected revenue, risk and variable factor expected in same and cover all ifs & Buts ...
Look, r&d is something that forms the backbone of a company and those who have it; have it! The rest are basically doing baniyabaji; no amount of incentives will put them into r&d.

Google has that backbone. So does Microsoft. So does Adobe. So does Amazon. So do Texas instru, Intel, Qualcomm, Apple, Facebook, Hp, Dell and countless others. Tatas, with all their flaws, have it. So do M&M and Bharat Forge. Not to forget the new age drone and defense tech startups.

Does Reliance have it? Adani? Birlas? Jindals? Nope! Do they lack money? No? Then?

I had the fortune of visiting the biggest r&d centre of a certain tech giant during my postdoc in the US; by simply stepping inside you would feel the passion of the folks who dedicate their lives into it. Tech giants spend millions just to attract such people. Then throw billions into actual projects; some of those projects, very often, run late (just like how our LCA Tejas project ran late) and some of them are utter failures. Even amongst the projects that are indeed successful, very few make into actual marketable products/tech and amongst them a few ultimately clicks in the market. Do these companies cry rivers after every failure? Nope! Rather, they double down on their next project.

This is exactly why tech based companies often require state support and years to break even.

Last edited:

sauntheninja

Country flag
Look, r&d is something that forms the backbone of a company and those who have it; have it! The rest are basically doing baniyabaji; no amount of incentives will put them into r&d.

Google has that backbone. So does Microsoft. So does Adobe. So does Amazon. So do Texas instru, Intel, Qualcomm, Apple, Facebook, Hp, Dell and countless others. Tatas, with all their flaws, have it. So do M&M and Bharat Forge. Not to forget the new age drone and defense tech startups.

Does Reliance have it? Adani? Birlas? Jindals? Nope! Do they lack money? No? Then?

I had the fortune of visiting the biggest r&d centre of a certain tech giant during my postdoc in the US; by simply stepping inside you would feel the passion of the folks who dedicate their lives into it. Nothing, absolutely nothing tops that experience.

Of course they do risk assessment as well :)
How many of them were from ivy League colleges where they already had access to world class equipment and talent/teachers who were leaders in their field

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Maybe before jumping into Complex tech such as semiconductor we should manufacture some machines associated with it.
How about making our own circuit printers.

There are other sector that need capital machine such as the textile sector.

I am in favour of indigenzing the crude machined first before we jump into something more complex.

Kumata

Country flag
This is exactly why tech based companies often require state support and years to break even.
Not entirely true... Google., Microsoft, Texas instruments et all never receive any state support. State support is a bogie reserved for us here in India....

Likes of Mota bhai, Tata, 's, mittals have enough mollah to sponsor big R & D but they never do it.. Mindset... U don't get it off shelf unfortunately.

no smoking

Country flag
The most difficult part is actually making the photolithography machines. Right now ASML has a monopoly in the market. Other than ASML, Japanese companies also manufacture advanced lithographic machines. I have no idea where China is in this regard.
Photolithography machine is only one of the many key problems.
There are many other machines and chemical materials are also monopolized by US, European and Japanese.

Even the photolithography machine itself is assembled with various countries' super advanced technologies, especially US.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles