Indian Economy: News and Discussion

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The centre capacity to double by FY 25 with Rs 40,000 Crores investment in Mumbai alone.

Cheepek

I'm aware .. Until that happens why not use a system where we atleast have a say.
I guess this is the second best move, we will use Yuan only for some trades with Russia, so no significant use apart from making front page newspaper headlines... And let the Chinese banks handle sanctions et al. If Russian cos. don't want payment in rupees, then there's not much we can do... Have to be pragmatic here, for cheap commodities.

Varzone

Tihar Jail
Banned
It's best for India to use $/¥ rather than ₹. (polite way of saying nobody wants ₹)

1656579753193.png

Improve this first and better still we need to increase our international trade volume X 2.
Hopefully the PLI schemes and FTAs will help in this regard. Will take 5 years to see achievements in that regard.

Concard

Country flag
I guess this is the second best move, we will use Yuan only for some trades with Russia, so no significant use apart from making front page newspaper headlines... And let the Chinese banks handle sanctions et al. If Russian cos. don't want payment in rupees, then there's not much we can do... Have to be pragmatic here, for cheap commodities.
Only problem is how will you get access to Yuan? You go take dollars to Chinese central Bank which in this case is PBOC and exchange it for yuan. You are basically draining the forex and worse you are propping the currency of the enemy nation. You have to take whatever rate they are going to give you. And they are not going to give you a good deal, trust me.

We have to build a mechanism where Russians can accept INR. We can't trade in Yuan. That's a dangerous move. I don't think RBI or GoI will allow trade payments to be settled in Yuan. It is more likely a one off thing.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Don't be like susu swamy and blame the poor woman.
She only makes up this shit at the behest of her boss.
Anyway it's just buy-once-use-long-time items like LEDs, cutlery wagera.
Who cares, some people go into meltdown real quick, also government should focus on increasing tax net and removing useless subsidies. And increasing investment in productive sectors. Raising GST rates don’t help.

Knowitall

you haven't answered my question mate.

anyways, if there is a non-rhetorical point let me know, otherwise no point in taking this forward.
What question??

More like you barge in with your own question and now want everyone to focus on that.

Maybe stick to the original point of why she has increased the gst rates of certain goods.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
you haven't answered my question mate.

anyways, if there is a non-rhetorical point let me know, otherwise no point in taking this forward.
for those curious, the tax collections that make the news are gross GST collections, substantial amount goes back as refunds in the supply chain.

Screenshot 2022-06-30 at 3.38.42 PM.png

some refunds are legit, but some happen purely because of imbalance in GST rates of the products. so the balance will be shifting and the rates will keep adjusting.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Rajasthan is a beautiful state
Its indias nuclear state
But only issue is , it sits right at the border .
One more reason to love the sardar who integrated them Rajas in india or else today Pakistan would have got these uranium reserves

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles