Indian Economy: News and Discussion

RedPhantom

Country flag
Never understood the significance of gold other than the ornamental value.
Can anyone explain why it's so important
It's rarity and the fact that most civilisations used it as a monetary standard make it very useful for finance. Other than that it's a cultural thing. Palladium, platinum, rhodium etc are also rare and used for things like semi-conductors, catalytic devices, etc but since they aren't as culturally significant as gold, we tend to not give much importance to them.

Blademaster

DEV1729

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
This dependance on chinese imports can be fatal and will affect strategic decision.Its not only a forex loss but also increasing cad.

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
What about Tokyo its much bigger than any city in India are there any slums in Tokyo?
Currently only Mumbai has sprawling sums in India. Other cities have slums here and there but in small areas. But half of Mumbai is slums. Go to Bangalore or Hyderabad. These are very large cities with very few slum areas, if any. Slums are actually decreasing in India as urban redevelopment keeps happening.
Mumbai needs to move quickly to redevelop its slums. But these slums are Congress, NCP and Shiv Sena vote banks. If true middle class people moved into homes in the areas vacated by the slums, you can bet that BJP or AAP will hold the BMC chair for a long time. So, no Indian cities are not full of slums. Only Mumbai is due to the garbage city politics there.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
DC folks... U need to be good with infra space...Be upto speed with Latest hardware , OS , CI /HCI or virtualization technologies...if u want to be a IT fella..

Else DC will need electrician, facilities guys, Air conditioning folks, too...
Other than that lots of job for electrical, electronics and Mech folks.
cooling systems and HVACs, Routers, wiring and all.

seriously mate, you need to shift to Switzerland, living in India is becoming stressful to your health. one shoudn't be so stressed about things that are not in your control.
Are bhaijan kya apko nahi pata humare Kumata Miya Himalaya ko wadiyo me baste he.

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Khush hoja bhai @Chandragupt Maurya

Sona mila hai sona!!!

View attachment 158011

Bhai log Bihar ki to Lottery lag gaya!!! :lol:

Sala Sona mila bhi toh ANTS ko mila!!! :lol:

'Ants' give whereabouts of 230 million tons gold mine in Jamui! Bihar Government on lookout | India News | Zee News
Gold/Thorium/Plutonium/Urnaium reserves be it In Bihar , Jharkhand , Kerala or Karnataka is owned by union of india not by the respective state governments
I have examined the mountainous terrain of Bihar/Jharkhand it looks like Hindukush mountain range in Afghanistan i am not an expert in this field but i was damn sure that this region is full of metallic mineral resources.
Apart from that i also felt that mountains , waterfalls , Lakes , rivers and flora and fauna of Bihar is unique and heavily underrated world knows about the archaeological sites of Bihar but I don’t know why people don’t know about the scenic natural beauty of Bihar
1653894701334.jpeg

Last edited:

Butter Chicken

Country flag
Jindal Steel to install Rail Wheels manufacturing plant in Chattisgarh

Jindal Steel & Power (JSP) will install India’s first Rail Wheelset manufacturing plant at its Raigarh facility in Chhattisgarh, the company said in a statement on Friday. JSP has collaborated with GIFLO Steel - Hungary for this ambitious project.
The MoU for technology collaboration has been signed between GIFLO Steel - Hungary and Jindal Steel at the “India Hungary Business Forum" organized by the Embassy of Hungary along with FICCI in the national capital on 27 May 2022. The plant will have an initial capacity of 25,000 Wheelsets per year. Jindal Steel will also install a Rail forging unit for Asymmetric Rails which are used in Rail track switches, especially for high-speed train tracks.

Toyota’s big investment in India: Rs 4,100 crores

IFC to invest $450 mn in two Indian NBFCs

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The I don't think they have reduced anything explicitly. The state VAT averages 25 percent is calculated as a percentage of the base price. So, when the base price is reduced by Rs 8 and 6 respectively for Petrol and Diesel, the VAT amount around Rs 2 for Petrol and 1.5 for Diesel gets reduced automatically. The best way to add tax on fuel is to add a fixed amount per litre, not as a percentage of the base price. In this way, whether the crud oil rate is increased or decreased, the central and state govts will get their share in a fixed manner.

On the other hand, if it is calculated as a percentage, if the crude oil price increases, the income for the government from fuel will get increased considerably, and the agony of the customers will get multiplied. And, if the crude price reduces, the govt will keep increasing the tax percentage to compensate for the losses and won't reduce when the crude goes highers.

Last edited:

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The Russian Imports of the Fuel may reach as high as 50 percent in coming months, from the current 20 percents. And which was less than 1 percent before March's.

This data is from April, in May its almost 20 perecnts in June will rise tobaround 30 percent and may even rise furthers.

FT8fhgzUsAAlg16.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles