Indian Economy: News and Discussion

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars

1 . The Microsoft signs MoU with Govt of Maharashtra for 3,200 c)Crore Rupees investment in Pune data centre at WEF Davos.

2 . The Indonesia based APP Sinarmas signs MoU with Govt of Maharashtra at WEF Davos to invest 10,000 Crore Rupees for paper and pulp plant in Raigad district of Maharashtra.

And all the above mentioned projects were originally meant for the AP but due to the convertor cancelled the MOUs with the AP and shifted to Maharashtra. So even giving discounts can't keep them in APs.

Last edited:

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
U Again had a dream today ????????
Poor people exist in every country but why only India faces the problem of slums ?
why those people (living in slums) don’t want to live in houses provided to them by the government?
There is something wrong with the planning

Kumata

Country flag
Poor people exist in every country but why only India faces the problem of slums ?
why those people (living in slums) don’t want to live in houses provided to them by the government?
how many countries u have seen where slums do not exist ?????

I have seen whole of US & europe almost.... with 3-4 countried in ASIA... slums exist everywhere...

R u positng from far away jupiter or still from top of mt everest... ??

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Sorry.. Poorest do not buy petrol or go to restraints or buy insurance policy...

Their travel is subsidized heavily in SRTC buses already or ticket less travel in trains , Food is almost free under various govt schemes and they don,t need insurance for anything ...for housing they have PM 's various schemes where they avail free housing .. only to Settle in next slum are and rent that house...

Would u beleive that u will find Dish TV & 50" HD TV's in almost every Slum in & around NCR ... U heard it right....Instead of doling out subsidies why don,t govt create job oppurtunities for them to earn their bread.... but votes matter ...

On the outskirts of CHD, there is a place called 'Dhanas" with a Huge slum... govt settled them in nice 1 -2 BHK homes... all are rented out and a new one have cropped up nearby .....& colony is a hotbed for criminals... Same is case across...

Need of the hour for govt is to increase the tax base and check their own spending / corruption...instead of milking same folks till they are dead...
seriously mate, you need to shift to Switzerland, living in India is becoming stressful to your health. one shoudn't be so stressed about things that are not in your control.

another_armchair

Country flag
Some Indians are freeloading hoarders by nature.

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
how many countries u have seen where slums do not exist ?????

I have seen whole of US & europe almost.... with 3-4 countried in ASIA... slums exist everywhere...

R u positng from far away jupiter or still from top of mt everest... ??
What about Tokyo its much bigger than any city in India are there any slums in Tokyo?

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Hey folks nowadays many data centers are being opened in India
What type of job does it provide? What is use of it?
Is it for IT or software development or bpo job
Pls enlighten I have no knowledge regarding it
Especially what work is done over there
A brief ans would be good

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The Stadler Rail and Medha JV to set up ₹1,000-crore rail coach manufacturing facility in Telangana.

another_armchair

Country flag

@Kumata nibba, please take our friend to 'light'.

Keeping it short, jobs are for specialized roles in IT/IT support.

Dev-Ops, DBA, Sys Admin, Network Engineers(Routing, Switching), Security, script kiddies... you name it.

No back office operations take place to my knowledge.

Kumata

Country flag
seriously mate, you need to shift to Switzerland, living in India is becoming stressful to your health. one shoudn't be so stressed about things that are not in your control.
I had the chance but i choose to spoil my health and stay here... poor me :bplease::bplease::bplease:

Jokes apart, I am not being stressed. Just because i think i get short charged do not mean that i am taking stress !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my utterings are purely on merit & the way i think it shud be.. ;) ;)

Forums like ours is a good way for me to express myself and question the rot ...

Kumata

Country flag
What about Tokyo its much bigger than any city in India are there any slums in Tokyo?
Tokyo slums are below below various bridges where genuine poor folks live in cardboard boxes in chiily nights and off the grid during day...have lived there for good 3 months so know.....

and yes, they are real poor who need help unlike ours who live a lavish life in slum with satellite TV..

Reactions: SKC

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The Hindustan Motors comeback at Uttarpara and will be a JV with French auto manufacturer PSA. And With MoU signeds already, The HM to start with the Ambassador, Babay, Contese and Land Masters and it will hit the Indian roads as early as 2 years from now.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Just because i think i get short charged do not mean that i am taking stress !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my utterings are purely on merit & the way i think it shud be.. ;) ;)
This perception of being short changed, will never go away, atleast not in our lifetimes. for this to happen, country will have to take a radically different path of debt fuelled growth like in US and China, which is not ideal. even then there will be a segment of society which will be unhappy.

Kumata

Country flag
DC folks... U need to be good with infra space...Be upto speed with Latest hardware , OS , CI /HCI or virtualization technologies...if u want to be a IT fella..

Else DC will need electrician, facilities guys, Air conditioning folks, too...

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
DC folks... U need to be good with infra space...Be upto speed with Latest hardware , OS , CI /HCI or virtualization technologies...if u want to be a IT fella..

Else DC will need electrician, facilities guys, Air conditioning folks, too...
Will there be software development role or something
My question could be wrong pls excuse me as I am noob

SKC

Country flag
It's not that there aren't enough ethanol plants, it's just that there isn't enough incentive to built one. Ethanol demand in India is very low and government is lukewarm in pushing flex fuels. EVs on the other hand, are given complete support. They are getting cheaper and cheaper day by day, are much more efficient, etc and the government is actually supporting EV infrastructure by installing charging stations. EV charging stations are also much cheaper to install than ethanol or flex fuel stations. Tata, Mahindra and Suzuki all plan to roll out EV cars and commercial vehicles in the next 2 years, while no company has shown interest towards 100% ethanol vehicles. Modifying existing vehicles would be extremely costly to the population, and the government would never take that risk.

The only way to push ethanol vehicles is to ban petrol/diesel 3 wheelers/commercial-vehicles production and then support manufacturers who are ready to make 100% ethanol/CNG/EV versions of them. But then again that requires infrastructure.
EV are not going to get cheaper than a limit. We are overselling the benefits of EVs to the world.

There are reports already that Batteries cost are going to shoot up by more than 20% in coming 2 years instead of reducing as people were claiming.

The Battery tech is now being regulated like CPU are regulated in chip industries. Artificially inflating the prices by controlling the production and distribution.

You can save some fuel cost in EV but the EV themselves are going to keep costing bomb. The electricity cost is also not going to go down either. Rs 7-8 in many cities, it might increase to over 10rs in future to recover taxes lost from less sale of traditional fuel.

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles