Indian Economy: News and Discussion

Kumata

Country flag
Rural Roads
View attachment 157127
Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana , 707,299 km rural roads built
View attachment 157128

Their was PMGSY launched at the time of atal ji...i don't need to recount how many were build... But my village was benefiary of that... Since 2014...nada.. Zilch... There is a lot of rebranding that have happened... And yes... I pay highest per km. Tarrif In a rickety state transport bus for whole India....

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Their was PMGSY launched at the time of atal ji...i don't need to recount how many were build... But my village was benefiary of that... Since 2014...nada.. Zilch... There is a lot of rebranding that have happened... And yes... I pay highest per km. Tarrif In a rickety state transport bus for whole India....
you wanted to know where your road cess goes, you got the answer. Road cess was introduced in atal ji's time in 98.

Kumata

Country flag
you wanted to know where your road cess goes, you got the answer. Road cess was introduced in atal ji's time in 98.
So u r saying thst we are building roads since last 24 years and continuing....for every village.... Never knew India is so big... These small projects got finished long time back.... PMGSY is great but. It's done and dusted...

another_armchair

Country flag

For example, the entire allocation of Rs 50,000 crore for Jal Jeevan Mission in rural areas for 2021-22 will come from road and infrastructure cess. The government has hiked the allocation by five times for this scheme to ensure tap water connection to every rural household.
Similarly, around 65% of the entire budgetary allocation for the road transport and highways ministry will come from this cess.
Earlier the cess from fuel, known as Central Road Fund, was primarily used for development of highways and rural roads.

But since the government renamed this fund as Central Road and Infrastructure Fund in 2019, it has been earmarking portions of the fund for other infrastructure sectors such as ports, shipyards, inland waterways, airports, railways, urban public transport, energy, water and sanitation, communication infrastructure.
It is this diversion of funds that people are pissed about. When questioned, Tai tries to pin the blame on UPA oil bonds. What do they take us all for?

Raised it when PSB's got a neat bailout/re-capitalization with taxpayers money. Guess the Western disease is taking a firm grip here too. Hope the bailout doesn't spread to market routs... wonder what happened to NSEL victims. ED under Central Govt. is still preventing payouts to affected parties from frozen funds... see.. good governance. .. but vote toh Modi ko he dega.. we simply don't have a choice, yet.

Last edited:

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
So u r saying thst we are building roads since last 24 years and continuing....for every village.... Never knew India is so big... These small projects got finished long time back.... PMGSY is great but. It's done and dusted...
and yet they are building about 50,000 km every year.

since you said "So u r saying". :troll:
1653243005650.png

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

It is this diversion of funds that people are pissed about. When questioned, Tai tries to pin the blame on UPA oil bonds. What do they take us all for?
when Jal jeevan mission was introduced, it was being funded from health budget. a different set of people were pissed off and did TV debates on it as well. can't stop people from getting pissed off, someone or the other is pissed off about something or the other.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
when Jal jeevan mission was introduced, it was being funded from health budget. a different set of people were pissed off and did TV debates on it as well. can't stop people from getting pissed off, someone or the other is pissed off about something or the other.
@another_armchair

case in point..

Heheh answer is in above post by @another_armchair

Rest tomato's have jumped by 20.re Ina fortnight here... 45 to 67 straight... I am relying on amchoor powder as tomato's... In our daily cooking... 😂😂🤣🤣😜

another_armchair

Country flag
When you want funds for a new project, raise it under a new head.

The Govt. swore on openness and transparency.

People are educated enough, all they ask for is some transparency

Can't please all but when people gripe about such highhanded arrogance, don't blame Nehru for it.. coz the file flew right under PMO's very nose.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
When you want funds for a new project, raise it under a new head.

The Govt. swore on openness and transparency.

People are educated enough, all they ask for is some transparency

Can't please all but when people gripe about such highhanded arrogance, don't blame Nehru for it.. coz the file flew right under PMO's very nose.
This info about jal jeevan mission seems to be coming from budget document, how is it not transparency?

another_armchair

Country flag
This info about jal jeevan mission seems to be coming from budget document, how is it not transparency?

You don't divert 50,000 crores collected under a certain infrastructure building head over a populist scheme which you know will translate into votes.

Whether UPA does it or NDA does it, it is plain wrong. Not pinning the blame on NDA alone.

Would it be ok if an employer deducts 5% from wages under some EPS scheme but diverts the funds into some other business and loses 70% of it?

If a business takes a bank loan and diverts the money into other businesses, it becomes a fit case for investigation by ED.

All I am saying is, if you have a surplus, you reduce cess but no, you will divert it into some other welfare scheme knowing fully well there will be electoral returns.

Sadly, this is the case in every democracy including well established ones by goras.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Many negative news coming out of Gujarat nowadays. They even cancelled river linking project because some NGO was protesting. It looks like current CM is not up to the task.
Ya'll Nibbiars The current CMs can't even give speech even with notes. And Leave about effective administration's.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
You don't divert 50,000 crores collected under a certain infrastructure building head over a populist scheme which you know will translate into votes.

Whether UPA does it or NDA does it, it is plain wrong. Not pinning the blame on NDA alone.

Would it be ok if an employer deducts 5% from wages under some EPS scheme but diverts the funds into some other business and loses 70% of it?

If a business takes a bank loan and diverts the money into other businesses, it becomes a fit case for investigation by ED.

All I am saying is, if you have a surplus, you reduce cess but no, you will divert it into some other welfare scheme knowing fully well there will be electoral returns.

Sadly, this is the case in every democracy including well established ones by goras.
frankly still trying to understand your point of view, not opposing for the sake of opposing.

BJP wallahs seems to have built into the act this provision in 2000 itself, point 5 .

in 2018-19, FM increased the scope of road cess to road and infrastructure cess
in 2019 - Har Ghar jal mission launched
in 2022-23, paying from that fund , as per the provisions made in year 2000.

news papers have reported this, without getting into technicalities. for those who are interested in technicalities, info is there to be found. just like i found these things while we are having this conversation.
======
The Central Road and Infrastructure Fund Act, 2000

Screenshot 2022-05-23 at 12.26.38 AM.png

charlie

Country flag
Baba,

I saw it and did made a " Strawman" post as @ezsasa nibba claims them to be.. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

All aside... Clearly I am not a fan of Nirmala Tai.. Modi needs a better FM... Fact remains that she do not have a grass level connect... Like say jaitley... And babus are only looking at Delhi as example. Of everything... There is a stress in rural... She cannot see it.. Freebies can take u this far only...
Nirmala is just a puppet the real inputs are coming from piyush goel.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles