Indian Economy: News and Discussion

HitmanBlood

Country flag
"advanced economies" intentionally keep making their consumer products costlier every year, India on the other hand tries to keep making things affordable as much as possible. two different approaches to manage respective economies.

in the first place, India can never become like "advanced economies" because we are an energy deficit country at this point in time. at a time when validity of concept of globalisation is being reviewed, may not be the right time to adopt "advanced economy" models.

hypothetically if one wishes India to become like U.S, one has to accept the risks as well. risks of giving free hand to corporates dictating the society just to satisfy their share holder interests. them idiots are running a campaign against breast feeding , because abbot pharmaceuticals has a supply chain issue for their baby formula. abbot is the same company that created opioid crisis in US and got away with it.
====
1/ Breastfeeding isn't free — and it isn't a solution to the nation’s baby formula shortage. The response to the shortage, which has shelves across the US carrying nearly half their usual supply in recent weeks, overlooks the high costs of breastfeeding.

National baby formula shortages? High cost of breastfeeding? What a clown show!

In my village, mothers who can't produce enough milk give boiled cow or buffalo milk to their children in a 90 rupee bottle🍼 End of the story.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
scientific study
It will not help anything when you come back from home after entire days work and their is a couple fighting in the flat below you a kid turning floor into playground in the floor above, nibba playing loud music in the right/ left side flat.
Maybe you do not like a wall so you want to tear it down and build a new one, oh shit you cannot do it in a flat.
Like Gardening well shit do with your little vase goyim.
Maybe in the future the family grows and you need more space but you cant build another floor in the flat.
Shit you cannot party in the garden or organize a event.
A land parcel is a appreciating property but a flat is a depreciating property. A flat bought for 50 lakhs will have a price of 20 lakh 10 years later meanwhile do not consider the house and just the land parcel, the land you bought for 20 lakhs is now prices 35 lakhs 10 years later.

Goyim: Mr Noseberg I need a loan.
Mr Noseberg: Well what do you have for security
Goyim: I have a flat worth 50 lakhs.
Mr Noseberg: You bought it for 50 lakhs its value is not 50 lakhs, it will fetch u a max loan of 10 lakhs considering your time period of 5 years.
Goyim: But Mr Noseberg Apartments are the best thing to happen to mankind all the news article told me this, shouldn't a thing this beneficial to environment carry higher value,
Mr Noseberg: What is good for the world isn't necessarily a good thing for you or even consider as an asset class that appreciates with time, for a country like India with higher population density than 95% of the world land will always be a valuable asset

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
A large lawn, swimming pool, garden, parking garage these things only 1 to 3% of the population can afford even in the future.
Why do you think that every family would want to have a large lawn and a swimming pool? These 2 things are not needed compulsorily for a comfortable living standard. A good kitchen, living room, toilet, bedroom is more than enough. Also along with a storeroom.

I am putting forward my proposal for a House like this (2 Floors). Refer to these pictures :-

008e4f91336340ac10d7920d6d6601d0.jpg

-
MHD-2015017-DESIGN1_View03-WM.jpg

-
www.pinoyeplans.com_.png

Have a good look at these conceptual designs, they are simple, Modern enough, not too small, not too big. And can comfortably accommodate a small family. These are the type of houses that we should introduce more. Engineers in India can definitely design them so that they are economical enough. I would say that such house would cost between 50 lakhs to 1 crore rupees.

Single floor designs would cost less than 50 lakh rupees (for pics, REFER TO GOOGLE = OPEN SOURCE)

another_armchair

Country flag
I don't feel any shortage of 2000rs notes in NCR.
Forget laying my hands on one, haven't seen a 2k note since 2019 anywhere in Bangalore.

Must have all been hoarded or circulation curbed to a great extent.

Found something...

Contrary to the RBI’s reports, last year, the government suggested that it had discontinued the printing and circulation of Rs.2000 currency notes. In March 2021, the then Minister of State for Finance Anurag Singh Thakur informed the Lok Sabha that Rs.2000 notes had not been printed for two years. In a written reply, Thakur said 3,362 million currency notes of Rs.2000 denomination were in circulation on March 30, 2018, constituting 3.27 per cent of the currency in terms of volume. As of February 26, 2021, 2,499 million pieces of Rs.2000 notes were in circulation, constituting 2.01 per cent of bank notes in terms of volume.

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
Just wait a few more years, there will be a scientific study saying our chaotic housing patterns are more energy efficient, since household basics we need is stone's throw away from our houses, in US you need a car to go even for basics.
Don't Worry, the apartment in which I and my parents live in together has a shop in it on the ground floor of the apartment. You can get pretty much every single grocery items which you can think of. It's basically like a mini supermarket.

Not just a shop but our apartment also has a salon for women, a barber's shop, a carpenter, also recently a guy Opened a new shop in which he will repair laptops, computers and Also install CCTV if you need one. Basically we have everything we need at our own doorstep.

Like this, if for example, we make a suburb like the way they do in US or something similar to it than we will make sure to have a shop at every 400-500 meters so that we won't have to go to the city which far away for everything. In India we will not face this type of Issue AFAIK.

Definition of Suburb : "an area where people live that is outside the central part of a town or city"

It's not impossible to introduce the type or like the type you will get in the US, it's just that we should start these type of things in Smaller States with Low density from my point of view

SKC

Country flag
Forget laying my hands on one, haven't seen a 2k note since 2019 anywhere in Bangalore.

Must have all been hoarded or circulation curbed to a great extent.

Found something...

In last two times I took money out of ATM, i got 2000rs note once and only 500rs notes second time.

karn

Country flag
Just wait a few more years, there will be a scientific study saying our chaotic housing patterns are more energy efficient, since household basics we need is stone's throw away from our houses, in US you need a car to go even for basics.
That study has already come out ..

You should really checkout this playlist .. I didn't feel so bad about our density and layout anymore.. However I did feel a lot worse about how we use our spaces. East Asia indeed has far more livable cities than us. We can even take inspiration from old european cities that have narrow roads and old buildings. They turn such places into tourist attractions ... We have started with kashi .. which is nice.

sauntheninja

Country flag
That study has already come out ..

You should really checkout this playlist .. I didn't feel so bad about our density and layout anymore.. However I did feel a lot worse about how we use our spaces. East Asia indeed has far more livable cities than us. We can even take inspiration from old european cities that have narrow roads and old buildings. They turn such places into tourist attractions ... We have started with kashi .. which is nice.
Tokyo should be shown as an example is crowded as fuck but looks so livable with greenery all around all the needed infra great city

nongaddarliberal

Country flag
Does anyone know why it is that for the past 5 years India's GDP has been neck to neck with France and UK's GDP even though our growth rate is much higher than theirs? We should have zoomed past them 4 years ago due to the difference in growth, but every year they manage to stay ahead in nominal GDP terms, and even for this year we don't know for certain if we've overtaken the UK or not.

Blademaster

Does anyone know why it is that for the past 5 years India's GDP has been neck to neck with France and UK's GDP even though our growth rate is much higher than theirs? We should have zoomed past them 4 years ago due to the difference in growth, but every year they manage to stay ahead in nominal GDP terms, and even for this year we don't know for certain if we've overtaken the UK or not.
Depreciation of Indian rupee while Euro and the pound have remained stable.

Blademaster

National baby formula shortages? High cost of breastfeeding? What a clown show!

In my village, mothers who can't produce enough milk give boiled cow or buffalo milk to their children in a 90 rupee bottle🍼 End of the story.
Yes but mothers in suburban& urban US don't have ready access to such cows or buffalo. If you transport milk, by law you have to pasteurize it to prevent deadly bacteria and that creates its own set of issues. My wife could not produce breast milk after 2 or 3 months in sufficient quantity and had to resort to baby formula to substitute the breast milk.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles